• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure map and Mib chest loot needs an upgrade

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items in these chests are pretty disappointing. Even level 7 treasure map or ancient SoS chests got too bad items for the effort. At least level 6 and 7 treasure maps and ancient SoS chests should have an upgrade in the quality of the items. I would like to see less items but better ones.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah we mentioned that but the DEV's seem to think that MIB's and T-Maps make farming stuff too easy... But what I have to say to that is... MiB's while they seem easy take a lot of time and planning... it's a lot of time you invest to going out and fishing up MIB's... a lot of work and planning go into it. A small bump isn't going to do that much. Another HUGE disappointment for those of us who love fishing. Rather like the seriously insane drop rate of many of the "rare" fish with or without the bait which IMO is one of the worst jokes in the game.

T-Hunting is NOT easy... especially at levels 6 and 7. Building up a character to do T-Hunting etc is a lot of work... And honestly if I'm digging up buried treasure I often wonder who thought any of this CRAP was treasure worth burying? It's more like I found someones pile of garbage they were throwing away.... not treasure they thought was worth hiding and keeping. Think about that. Sure the lower level Treasures are not supposed to have totally awesome stuff in them... but think about what level T-Hunters will be doing them. Seriously. So at least the highest levels of MIB's and T-Maps ought to be more worth while given the time, energy and investment one puts into not only digging them but obtaining the map or MIB and looking for it and getting it. Ancient MIB's aren't a dime a dozen.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I completely agree, I used to love T-hunting but now it's just not worth it. I hope they change it soon.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I heard everyone screaming about waiting to do t-hunting till after the publish. I had tried it on test so I knew better. What's in the chest sucks. Where you can get a break is on 6's and 7's spawn, guardians and the singles as you pick. That makes it a much better deal to actually have to look at what's on the mobs. But that's a double edged sword. It makes it take ALOT longer to get through a box.
And, just like when enhancements came out, we took yet another hit in the frequency of drops on the other goodies. Blues, Orbs, and Pardons.
No matter, I still like preparing and having my own private battle zone. I'll take what comes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed pardons and orbs seem to be coming a bit slower than used to. And yeah, the Devs kinda mislead us on the loot. Hanging a tag on everything in the chest as Minor Magic or LEsser Magic, is NOT a loot upgrade lol. It's the same old thing, just with a diff name. I got sick enough about it I haven't even tried a mib yet...and from what I read, I probably shouldn't spend the time.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geez at least you got a bunch of better responses than I got with the same post while it was on test :p and I still agree.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed... need better items to be worth the time/effort invested.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I been on CC the whole time. The EC people with grid containers could see the good stuff, pick it and fly. To me, having done t-maps since they started, that was cr@p to me. Hit the top and fly. I've spent years with the loot stacked up on top of what was good. I'm used to having to pick through the stack to get to blue or pardon. The only thing I could see straight out was the green bag with an artie. I tried EC with a grid container. I've rather work through the spawn and get to the 'goodies'. I get set up and I kill it all till I know there nothing good left. THEN I fly off. If there are less blues, orbs and pardons, so be it, this is what they've done to me. Until the next pieces of garbage fall into the chests and the good stuff is even rarer.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The value of Pardons have been plummeting since VvV began. Virtually anyone who steps foot in Felucca starts to turn Orange since the new publish so no one is taking murder counts.

Mana Phasing Orbs are over-saturated in the the marketplace and have very little value anymore. The addition of the new Talismans in the clean up rewards didn't help the value of Mana Phasing Orbs either.

Refinements while beneficial are too few and far between with no way to organize them. The entire refinement system needs to be 'refined'.

Imbuing ingredients are also oversatured in the market and you can't get much from them anymore.

Half the stuff blows up when your picking the chest despite being a 'Grandmaster' locksmith; most of what I find that might have had some value is blown to smithereens.

While digging for the chest and standing right next to the spot I constistently get the message "something is blocking the chest". That message is aggravating after trying 5-6 different spots.

There is no 'treasure' in treasure hunting anymore.