• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunting - Usefull?

O

Out of Date

Hey!

I'm an old player getting back into UO and T-hunting is the one
type of hunting I had the most fun doing.

It seems to me, however, that we're all but useless?
Are there items of any worth in our treasure chests compared
to all the new crafts, artifacts and whatnot?

I've been told it's a good way to get imbuing reagents, but
I would think I would be able to gather ten times the amount
of those from burning bod hammers in a fraction of the time.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I put cart & LP back on my tamer last night and did a level 6. Ended up with 29k gold, 132 barbed leather, 270 residue & 90 essance. Plus a relic from the artie. It's all in what you are looking for.

For me it was something diferent to do than bashing demons and looting the junk for residue. I actually got more essence from the chest.

L

Lord Drakelord

Welcome back to UO and t hunts. By the threads I see you are on Europa? As Tom said above you can get a lot off a chest. Before the exp and birth of new skills, lands and race, t hunting was getting very stale to a lot of folks, but with imbuing and the needs for residue & essance it has taken a new lease on life and has come back to life on many shards.

C

crivvy

Hey!

I'm an old player getting back into UO and T-hunting is the one
type of hunting I had the most fun doing.

It seems to me, however, that we're all but useless?
Are there items of any worth in our treasure chests compared
to all the new crafts, artifacts and whatnot?
Great Question! I have also just returned to Ultima from probably a 5 year break! I can't believe I kept my subscription going all that time and rarely played it. I have a house with loads of loot from treasure maps and mibs. Can I assume that I should chuck most of this now as it is probably much lower stats than what can be produced.

I also have quite a few nets of all colours. Are these worth doing or just chucking?

One last question! Painting, Shells and all the "shipwreck stuff", are they worth anything or again is it time to bin them.

I have to be honest returning to the game after all this time is pretty daunting!

C

Capt.E

Well, most of the jewels can be turned into essence which is a new ingredient for the skill imbueing, which allows you to put whatever mods you want on armor, weapons or jewelery. If you have anything with fc1 fcr3 as the only properties I would hold onto it. Also some skills do not go onto the same piece of jewel. So I dunno, but I have been doing thunts for awhile and I just grab the green bag and 6k kill the initial spawn remove the chest and recall to next map.

L

Lord Drakelord

Well, most of the jewels can be turned into essence which is a new ingredient for the skill imbueing, which allows you to put whatever mods you want on armor, weapons or jewelery. If you have anything with fc1 fcr3 as the only properties I would hold onto it. Also some skills do not go onto the same piece of jewel. So I dunno, but I have been doing thunts for awhile and I just grab the green bag and 6k kill the initial spawn remove the chest and recall to next map.
what he says, but do drop the chest before recalling out :)