• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure hunting loot hell loot in general

Krambone

Visitor
OK so I recently reduced and now I'm use to vanq and the older people pre paid loot... I recently picked a few chests and was floored on the loot inside. My question is what's good what's not..what's worth anything .. I know this is a broad question to please try your best... screenshots would be nice..... happy looting

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OK so I recently reduced and now I'm use to vanq and the older people pre paid loot...
I am not sure exactly what you mean by this here. It is a very broad question which makes it tough to answer plus that part makes it confusing. I cannot tell if you mean you have not played since UO had vanquish weapons or if you came from a free shard using those.

As far as loot is concerned, most is worth very little unless from one of the boss monsters like Corgul, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, and Charybdis. Legendary things have some value but they need a lot of mods. Your best bet is to go to the trader forums and look at what is being sold and for how much.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you find something really really nice, then post it on uo traders and ask for a price check.
Usually its pvp gear that is the most expencive. Only way to know what pvp'ers need, or what they usually buy. is as lestat suggested check UO traders forum. Also read the comments people write like... braclet is trash reasoning no EP, etc etc..
Then u after some reading get a very good understanding on what they are after.
There are "simi" valuable items out there too, like splintering weapons, the PVP'ers love this stuff, and they are willing to shell out quite large amounts of gold for thise, and most most of they arent even in the artifact catagory.
If you can find a kryss with say 20-30 splintering, 40++ hit lightning, and 40++ hit lower defence, and some DI, u hit the jackpot.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
89 replies not a single helpful tip
Probably because everybody wants to know the answer. :)

I posted some legendary jewels that I thought were worthwhile, not a single bid. So I still don't know. Mostly I just improve my own armor, and unravel the rest for residues and that white one which I can't remember right now. Talcum powder or something. Ah, relic fragments, that's what it is. At least I can sell that. :p

Krambone

Visitor
Wow after rereading t his no wonder.. dam phone. OK I played pre a o s with vanqs

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To make it easy

Weapons with splintering 20+ wihout brittle or antique

Jewels with more than 5 mods that go together like 5 or more mage mods / skills
Or warrior

Jewels with 10ssi and only 1 or 2 other mods so room to imbue

Armor with 5+ mods (not counting resist)
Greater major legendary items

If you want you can make some chests full and i look over them.

Several people can vouch for me that iam trustworthy and do not scam

Krambone

Visitor
To make it easy

Weapons with splintering 20+ wihout brittle or antique

Jewels with more than 5 mods that go together like 5 or more mage mods / skills
Or warrior

Jewels with 10ssi and only 1 or 2 other mods so room to imbue

Armor with 5+ mods (not counting resist)
Greater major legendary items

If you want you can make some chests full and i look over them.

Several people can vouch for me that iam trustworthy and do not scam
I will thx

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow after rereading t his no wonder.. dam phone. OK I played pre a o s with vanqs

Welcome back! Still have my silver Vanq............I think broad sword LOL welcome back! You have much to learn young one 8>)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was on top of the world when I got my silver vanq bow. And then one day, it wasn't. :/

Krambone

Visitor
Remember the night or two before sis dropped taking silver vang to give just to find out it has hundred liches