• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunter Template???

F

fujiflu

ok... im thinking about making a treasure hunter.... but i dont know what the best template is.

could ANYONE help me out?

so far i know u need cartography and lockpicking..... what else should i take? =D

F

fujiflu

Hi Caelas !!!! =D wow... thanks alot ! thats a huge help. i think im gonna take hiding for sure. someone told me u can hide then grab the arties and run off... but im sitll not really sure what else i should do. i wanna be an effective treasure hunter even when im alone

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Caelas !!!! =D wow... thanks alot ! thats a huge help. i think im gonna take hiding for sure. someone told me u can hide then grab the arties and run off... but im sitll not really sure what else i should do. i wanna be an effective treasure hunter even when im alone
hiding and stealth are a great combo for grabbing stuff off corpses, but once you grab something you are revealed and have to hide again. stealth lets you walk around totally hidden. for miles. it's awesome :) (but you have to have a high-ish level of stealth like 100-120 to walk around without failing and being revealed).

G

gandolfofaol

Template depends on your final goals. What level t-maps do you intend on doing? Do you want to solo the maps or will you be bringing friends?

F

fujiflu

well.... im planning on doing 5/6 level maps and i wanna be able to do them myself...

i was thinking of taking hiding with no stealth.. becuz instead of stealthing away u could jsut run and hide again. and that would leave more skill points i STILL dont know what else to do.

cart
lockpick
hide
?
?
?
?

C

Caelas

Honestly, hiding won't help a lot...you can hide, but the spawns with the higher level maps won't just go away cause they can't see you. Depending on what you want to do...your own playstyle preference...from what I read, tamers and bards are able to take on high level maps by themselves. So...

Lockpicking
Cartography
Remove Traps!!! Higher level chests have traps on them
Detect Hidden!!! So you will be able to "see" the traps

then...

Musicianship, Provocation, and Peacemaking
OR
Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Veterinary

C

Caelas

Well, technically if you are a good enough bard or tamer, you wouldn't get hit much cause you'd either provoke the baddies into beating each other up, or send in your pets for battle.

Past that, potion chug :)

F

fujiflu

hmm... =D

how about

Cartography
Lockpick
Magery
Eval intel
Music
Peace Or Provoke
and chug?

i really dont think the traps will be a prob

C

Caelas

That would work...the magery has healing spells...just as long as you aren't getting beat on at the time, you should be okay there. Also has telekenesis to set off traps at a distance. Might be a bit weak when it comes to the fighting though...you have no focus or meditation in there to help regenerate your mana pool.

Seems kinda hard to get all the good stuff in the template, especially if you want to go after the 5/6 maps. I've only been on a couple runs to 5/6 maps before...we had several people and I still died cause everything jumped me right off the bat.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Treasure Hunting, altho the loots nowdays isnt what it used to be in power, is fun and one of the more enjoyable things i found to do solo. I had a bit unorthodox temp tho, but it was a blast to play, because I wasnt limited to just T-hunting with it.

Cartography
Lockpicking
Animal Taming
Lore
Vet
magery
Eval, for spell strength

When your taming and lore are done, wear MR and LRC jewels and suits, and dont worry about having med. Personal opinion, this was a fun template to play =)

F

fujiflu

i appreciate the help everyone.. ill be making him soon.

anyone wanna help with a name ? HAHAH :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since fujiflu will make me sneeze for sure should I encounter him, visit my dragons and maybe you could use one of those names.. I just love makin' them up :D

F

fujiflu

my name is Kaptain Krunch =D

gonna need help getting started :( lol

F

fujiflu

anyone want to donate a million blank scrolls or blank maps? =D

G

Green Destiny

my t-hunter is:

cartography
lockpicking