• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Travesty solo

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today i went for travesty. Getting the keys was fairly easy... But fighting travesty was well... Long.
The first time i went in there with 120 parry. Bad idea travesty copied that and i needed about 25 minutes to kill her.

Then i read if i equip a shield travesty wont parry because of bushido. I did that and switched weapons after she transformed. Well it seems travesty transforms every 10 sek or so. She immediately had the shield unequipped and again i needed about 25 minutes to kill her.

3rd i read travesty doesnt copy skills that are below 50. so i went in there with 49,9 parry. Well what should i say she seemed to copy that too because some hits were parried. Anyway this time it went a bit faster. Was down in about 20 minutes.

But this fight is very annoying anyway. There must be a way to killher faster. Does anyone ave any suggestions?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today i went for travesty. Getting the keys was fairly easy... But fighting travesty was well... Long.
The first time i went in there with 120 parry. Bad idea travesty copied that and i needed about 25 minutes to kill her.

Then i read if i equip a shield travesty wont parry because of bushido. I did that and switched weapons after she transformed. Well it seems travesty transforms every 10 sek or so. She immediately had the shield unequipped and again i needed about 25 minutes to kill her.

3rd i read travesty doesnt copy skills that are below 50. so i went in there with 49,9 parry. Well what should i say she seemed to copy that too because some hits were parried. Anyway this time it went a bit faster. Was down in about 20 minutes.

But this fight is very annoying anyway. There must be a way to killher faster. Does anyone ave any suggestions?
The parrys you experienced should have been the 5% parry chance your bushido GM or higher gives you.
Undead slayer in wraith form was my trick with 50 bushido chivalry and parry, since she becomes a wraith too, undead slayer does the 100% increase. But you are not running necro anymore, so for your temp, I have no better idea than chop away with a good area attack weapon

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It looks like exchanging parry for spirit speak could help. Althoung I myself know nothing about necro spells. Is JOAT necro enough for Wraith Form?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like exchanging parry for spirit speak could help. Althoung I myself know nothing about necro spells. Is JOAT necro enough for Wraith Form?
It is, just a very very hard time getting it successfully cast, so bring some skill jewels and maybe some midnight bracers to get the spell in, then you can switch back to your regular gear. Spirit speak just 50! Or Travesty will copy it and she will heal with it amazingly well.
But the 50 spirit speak gives you enough mana leech to get enough AIs or doublestrikes in....just remember to have high area attack on your weapon.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be fine with JOAT Wraith form: I always ran 40 necro, so she should not have coppied that either.
The mirror images die well, yes......but,
You were asking for a quicker way, the mirror images is exaxctly what slows you down, since every hit on a mirror image is a no damage hit, so if you get those out of the way better, you hit Travvesty herself more often, and so she dies faster.

Edit.: P.S.: 50.0 is not copied. I think it is stated that every skill over 50 can be copied. Chivalry 50 back then gave the whole EoO bonus, just took you a few tries to cast it:drama: (this smile was selected by my daughter btw)

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i made another try. Went there with 49,9parry joat necro and some archery to get the mana reduce. Also cafted a double axe with area poison damage and equiped a conjurers trinket for undead slayer.

Though travesty transformed into wrath form she sadly was not affected by undead slayer. In fact i had the feeling i took double damage wearing the trinket. Or i was just missind dmg reduce from my swampy. Anyway she killed me after a minute.

I then returned with swampy and the axe and battled her in normal form. I needed about 20 minutes to kill her. Well... Other peerless go faster for me indeed

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you kill ninja spawn at end? Even HLL 100 with (HCI 45) does not keep me a live

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With WW spawn is easy. But Travesty heals while you do it and then spawn again. So I honor myself, finish Travesty, then do spawn.
It is still very hard to hit on him.. I need run whole time . Got bushido 0, Parry 120 and shield. My suit is also pretty good: stamina 210+ full recist etc. DCI 20 , HCI 45.
Is long sword good or should I use something else? Any further tips?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Does it block your hits? I used Bushido + Shield to be sure it doesn't block. I also used Hit Area to kill the copies.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it block your hits? I used Bushido + Shield to be sure it doesn't block. I also used Hit Area to kill the copies.
Aye. I use long sword: HML, HLL, Hit poison area, Hit Fatique, HLD. Also bushido 0 + parry 120 and I wear shield.

Skills:

Swords 120
Necro 20
SS 100
Ana 120
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Chiv 120

I use wraith form. SSI 35 with stamina 213

What I should do different way?

What kind of skill set you use CorvinXX?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What kind of skill set you use CorvinXX?
IIRC last time I did it with Melee Archer: 120 Archery, 120 Sword, 90 Bushido, 120 Chivalry, 120 Tactics, 120 Anatomy, 120 Healing. But I didn't used Archery against Travesty because of mana issues.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IIRC last time I did it with Melee Archer: 120 Archery, 120 Sword, 90 Bushido, 120 Chivalry, 120 Tactics, 120 Anatomy, 120 Healing. But I didn't used Archery against Travesty because of mana issues.
How you get 810 skill points and still good suit? I know it is possible to put skill jewerly as much skills but it will ruin your suit? Also no parry?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
+60 skill points: 120sword/90archery or 120archery/90sword depending on jewels - I needn't 120 archery with an axe in my hands
and yes - no parry

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh found out how to solo it. Took 12 min and not even near death thanks for all info.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So i made another try. Went there with 49,9parry joat necro and some archery to get the mana reduce. Also cafted a double axe with area poison damage and equiped a conjurers trinket for undead slayer.

Though travesty transformed into wrath form she sadly was not affected by undead slayer. In fact i had the feeling i took double damage wearing the trinket. Or i was just missind dmg reduce from my swampy. Anyway she killed me after a minute.

I then returned with swampy and the axe and battled her in normal form. I needed about 20 minutes to kill her. Well... Other peerless go faster for me indeed
Took me two attempts to beat Travesty and I didn't bother with it since...so I'm not 100% sure about the following. Undead slayer should add 25% dmg against Travesty's wraith form. I wouldn't expect the typical 100% damage bonus that you see against monsters. Depending if Travesty copies trinket slayers, then you should also take an additional 25% more damage (feels like more since you're off the swamp dragon). Also, have you done any comparison with armor ignore damage vs. corpse skin/onslaught damage? Might be worth testing the two to see which one nets you more DPS.

If you really want to make Travesty a cake walk in the park, there is an easier way that I don't think anyone has ever mentioned or discovered. I did some research and testing on changeling mechanics and it transfers over to Travesty. If you understand how Travesty copies your skill, armor and weapon set, you can figure out an way to abuse that mechanic. It almost makes it too easy...which can ruin the fun...With my secret tech, you should be able take on Irk, Sprite, and Guile at once. Makes farming Dreadhorn keys a walk in the park as well.... I quit UO quite some time ago so I have little attachment to the knowledge base that I have developed in my short time playing. If you want to know, ask away. Just consider this your spoiler alert. =)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For those wondering what my secret tech was and...I'm like 90% sure this worked when I soloed Travesty. (I tested it a few times but honestly not enough to say 100%.) Equip a weapon with Use Best Weapon. I figured out that Travesty copies skill 50+, copies your weapon type BUT not your weapon mods. So it was pretty clear I could abuse this by using a UBW. I tested this on changling (Irk, Guile) bosses and it seemed to work. So when Travesty copies your weapon, she will be using a mace with 120 swordsmanship. I think she is programmed to still have a minimum skill level for all weapon skills, but at least it won't be 120. Travesty still used 2nd level special moves on me (which requires 90 skill) so that seemed odd. I also don't think you can go in with 0 fire resist and equip a fire weapon to wreck her so abusing the fact that she doesn't copy your weapon mods isn't exactly cut-n-dry...Hope this helps!