• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trapped chests

• Thread starter afreespirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

afreespirit

I noticed some of the dungeon chests have multiple traps. If I detect one (my skill level is 44.7) and then remove it via telekenisis, I can't detect further traps. I try but I get no message, even though there is a second and third trap.

Is it always this way or is due to my skill level?

Oh yeah, these chests never have any treasure.

G

I haven't used my detect hidden skill in years, so not sure why it won't tell you about the other two traps. The chests your hitting though are static chests, which mean they are always found exactly where you see them, never re-spawning in a different spot in the room.

If your mainly doing chests to get the gold/items (which I do whenever I have enough time available to play) go for the spawning chests. The THB section of Stratics has a full listing of all the locations, including the level of the chest, what's in it, and the danger factor of the area around it. The Dungeon chest guide can be found here.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I last tried this. First, a bit of history...

Did you ever wonder where the first 8th circle scrolls came from? They didn't spawn on monsters when the shards were first created, and a scribe can't make them without having the scroll in their pack...

That's where us lockpickers come in. Static chests spawn 8th circle scrolls. Now, I wasn't around when the shards first opened, but I can let you in on a little secret (providing they still work in the same way as they did about 4 years ago)...

If you unlock a static chest, then untrap all of its traps (you can cast telekinesis on them 3 times for example), poison, explosion and magic arrow, it will relock after a while. When you unlock it again, and untrap it again, it can contain random bits of non magical armor/weapons, spell scrolls (including 8th circle spell scrolls), body parts, bones and the different variations of "bones" containers...

Now, as I said, it's been a while since I last tried this, but I'll make an effort and see if it still works, will let you know here...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I forgot, after untrapping them, you need to open them, then close them for the proper respawn to start, and the process resets again at server up...

Am trying it now on 8 statics chests in Wrong. Will make a picture if I get it to work...