• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trapless in the DA

• Thread starter Sally Bumblefoot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sally Bumblefoot

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good reason a toon who is maxed in trap would DA or CJ with NO trap doors? Maybe the CJ but when I DA we usually have a trap door and piano on the level 12 skele. I am at a loss as to why this toon would pack level 3 and 4 gags but no level 6 trap. This was intentional, not an oversight. Any ideas?

F

Fangs McWolf

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good reason a toon who is maxed in trap would DA or CJ with NO trap doors? Maybe the CJ but when I DA we usually have a trap door and piano on the level 12 skele. I am at a loss as to why this toon would pack level 3 and 4 gags but no level 6 trap. This was intentional, not an oversight. Any ideas?
Completely ungagged in trap, or just no doors?

Only thing that comes to my mind is either selfishness (working other gags and wants to force others to let them) or just being dumb.

L

Little Sadie

Never seen that before. I always carry 5 trap doors no matter what I'm doing. They are most useful in a DA. I do only carry one sand though. Stange.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

She had TNT...no way of saying one or two, but nothing lower at all. I have been known to forget gags so I whispered to her "got gags" and she whispered "yes". I whispered "lets use trap" and she whispered back "no". I figured I was just missing something.........like a good reason for no doors. I just kinda hung back and she ended up going with a different group. It worked out well because the group I went with was awesome. Turns out it was one of the easiest, quickest DAs I have had in a long time!! After my recent rash of bad DAs I REALLY needed a good one!!:thumbup1:

Z

ZippyW

Except for the discussion you had beforehand, I'd offer an explanation. Trap was the very last gag I maxed. I totally kept forgetting about it. I'd even go with TF and tell them I needed to work trap, and they'd have to remind me to use it. If some toon asked me if I had gags, and I knew I had gotten gags, it would never cross my mind that they were complaining about how many traps I had chosen to bring with me! I guess that falls in the "dumb" category.

F

Fangs McWolf

I like the DA's where at the end, everyone is getting +200 in something (or close to it) and each floor goes smoothly because it's like everyone is thinking the same thing, even if it's different from floor to floor.

One time was on a run where the others just stayed back to let me do the puzzles. I was in heaven (I love the puzzles). Don't remember the other parts of the run but couldn't have been bad because I don't recall regretting anything about it. Just loving the puzzles.

So I'm glad you had a good DA run, everyone needs a good uncomplicated run here and there, it helps to brighten the day.

I still have no clue on why someone wouldn't have any doors on them, unless they needed gag points somewhere else.

I guess that falls in the "dumb" category.
With what she said, I get the impression that this person did it on purpose, thus the 'dumb' reference. I'd classify you as just being forgetful, which is way better. :)

F

Flippers

Hmmm - sounds like they deliberately stocked this way. My guess is they had unmaxed TNT and just kept them for situations which called for it. Not everyone will consider the trapdoor method to help with the lure (which is why we use it over squirting the cog).

Did you run with them? Be interesting to see how they DA'ed.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not maxed out Prof. Bingo Snokelhopper yet on trap. I am 800 from geting maxed.

F

Fangs McWolf

Hmmm - sounds like they deliberately stocked this way.
That's my guess, based on what she said happened.

Did you run with them? Be interesting to see how they DA'ed.
I just kinda hung back and she ended up going with a different group.
I'd be more interested in learning their reason for the lack of trap gags. Could be something simple like needing points elsewhere. Although that'd be dumb (in my opinion) because they don't need to stock up on weeny gags for the DA just to get points.