• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trap or Drop?

W

Winky

Its my choosing point between Trap or Drop..

Anyone have suggestions?

G

Granjell

Both my toons are trapless. I love dropping pianos! And the Toontanic after sound is awesome!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Drop is my Favorite BUT!!! organic trap is the strongest gag available.

I am trapless also.

S

soupandquackers

i would say trap because an organic train track and kill level 12's, but drop is easier to train because with trap you either need another toon to help or wait a turn and use lure wich would make you lose laff faster than one turn of drop.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I would have to agree with soupandquackers on this

F

Fangs McWolf

Trap
Pros:
  • Strongest gag there is
  • Organic level 7 can kill a row of 12's
  • Helps increase odds of lure working
  • So long as lure works once on a cog that is trapped, then you get credit for the gag (in essence, it never 'misses', unless the cog is killed before the trap gets used)

Cons:
  • Harder to train unless you have someone luring for you each time you trap
  • Only 1 trap can be used per cog. If one than one is used on a cog, then both traps go *poof*
  • You cannot carry as many traps as other gags (Max of 2 TNT and 5 doors, instead of 3 and 7).
  • When using train, if someone lures with a single instead of a group, it will still use the trap but will only work on that one cog (train will be gone for the rest of the cogs).

Drop
Pros:
  • Organic level 7 does 198 damage (bike horn + Toontanic, both hitting will kill a row of 12s)
  • More than 1 toon can drop on the same cog at the same time.
  • Is a great backup gag since it's the last in line
  • Can train without help from another toon

Cons:
  • Won't work on lured cogs (if you drop on a cog that is lured and not woken, then drop will miss)
  • Has a low hit rate (misses frequently), so it helps if someone sounds or squirts the cog you want to hit to stun it for you.
  • Is the last track to get used, so can be harder to train if others are killing all the cogs before it gets to drop.

There are other pros and cons for each but those are some of the main ones. For the level 7's, both gags require 2 gags to be used to kill a row of 12's. For trap, the train and lure. For drop, sound and toontanic.

I have made 3 toons, 2 trapless and 1 dropless. I think drop has some good points over trap, especially if you want to make a toon that will solo things like VP, because it doesn't require a second gag to work. Just like trap has good points over drop, such as being the first (attack) gag track used. Great when you need to take out a strong cog while others are lured and held and 2 others use TU.

Comes down to what you like. Try to tag along with some trapless and some dropless toons, see how often they use the gags, how well it works for them and decide which gags you like seeing used.

L

Little Sadie

I have two toons with drop and one with trap. I love pianos and toontanics so I love drop. I do think is a lot harder to train then trap. I breezed through trap. Drop is such a pain because of the misses with lower gags. I think I dropped 15 times tonight in a building and only 8 hit!

S

Steveo

I go back and fourth between the two. I think its easier for me to work trap with my new toon because I have someone that is GAG training with me. I like trap because a train can take out a row of 12's and I also like pianos and the ship. Just for me drop takes longer to work. So my overall choice would be Trap

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like trap over drop. I have 2 dropless, one trapless and one with both. The one with both has organic trap :)

W

Winky

I chose drop :)

I couldnt wait any longer to decide heh, It will be my organic.

Thanks for all the info. :thumbup1: