• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transporting from one house to another house

L

Lore Master

I was thinking of and idea of traveling directly from inside one house to directly inside another house no matter what distance they are from one another even if one house is on another facet as long as both houses are on the same shard it should be possible. what can be done is adding some kind of gate machine or teleporter that allows you to travel directly from inside one house to directly inside another house.
  • There should be a catch though you must have access to both teleporters or gate machines that way no unwanted strangers can sneak in your house of cause if one of the houses or both of the houses are private homes you must have access to the one that is private or both houses if both are private too.
  • How can this be done one way is with house customization you add a special teleporter that allows you to travel from house to house and you must use the same symbol teleporter in one house that you use in the other house which is the destination.
  • Another way to do this is you can add a special recall rune that you can mark directly inside a house when you use it you travel directly inside that house providing you have access and that the other house has your house recall rune too in there gate machine ready and active. that way no one can sneak in to some ones house unless they have access so the other person or accounts house must have your rune too.
  • As for how many houses you can do this with well i suppose there should be a limit to how many runes can go in your machine and how many teleport symbols can be put in your house but you should be allowed a good number like if your in a big guild or have a lot of friends or just have numerous accounts.
Why do i want this well one reason is that one of my houses is a keep in the swamp i have died several times recalling to it a few of those times i had an error report that kicked me out of UO by the time i could log back in i was already dead so this idea can save a lot of frustration up setness and anger too it is something to think about at least i hope you like.

D

Divster

Hah get out of my head! I was thinking something very similar whilst moving things from one house to another today, like the equivalent of bracelets of binding but for houses hehe complete with recdu recsu :)

L

Lore Master

Hah get out of my head! I was thinking something very similar whilst moving things from one house to another today, like the equivalent of bracelets of binding but for houses hehe complete with recdu recsu :)
That is funny feel free to post your full idea too i don't mind regardless if either of our ideas became a reality it would be a nice addition to UO.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I suggested something similar a long long time ago to Wilki when he was with the dev team.
Some sort of vet reward tiles that let you teleport between houses.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a good idea.

It would certainly solve all sorts of frustrations involving moving, redecorating, and just general housekeeping and traveling.

I could see it implemented successfully with player-run towns and events, too.

D

Divster

That is funny feel free to post your full idea too i don't mind regardless if either of our ideas became a reality it would be a nice addition to UO.
Well you pretty much summed up what I had in mind with the pads, I think pads would be better than just a rune location as it would make a nice addon addition to a house and mean you could structure rooms around it for deco purposes , role playing purposes or simply ease of access. I can't see any problems as far as unfair usage as the same flagging rules would surely apply to it and man i could have used one while moving house today :)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New meaning to house fightning is first thing that comes to my mind.

I'd rather see new content put somewhere else, or current content improved.

D

Divster

nothing is wrong with recall, but it would be a cool addition to house addons that could help fun inter player interactions, and would facilitate house moving/redecorating or just moving things from one house to another if you were using a char without gating ability or a bonded pet.

A

Antonio Cataneo

so cheap! I think it's terrible! Just use recall like everyone did for many years!

H

HeathBar

Can't you just gate there? Is it that hard to walk a few tiles into the other house?

If getting killed by monsters is a problem maybe you should get some better armor or find a better location to live.

H

HeathBar

Some people like their old fel homes :|
I like my fel house too but no one is making you stay there. If dying to monsters in front of your house is that much of a problem that you need some new item to save you, then you probably shouldn't be living there. You choose to do it and if you've been there that long then I'm sure you are used to the fact that is comes with some risks.

There shouldn't be an easy button (or item) for everything in UO.