• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Transitioning" Suggestion for Devs

G

Judging from what I've seen around City Hall and in game, it is apparent that people are not going to take kindly to the change of terminology within the game.

To help aid players during this time of transition I suggest that EA implement an automatic filtering system in-game.

For example...if an avatar says "simoleans" it will be automatically replaced with whatever the new currency is to be called.

If an avatar says "TSO" it is to be replaced with "EA-L"

If an avatar says "Sim" it will automatically be replaced with "Avatar".

If an avatar uses the word "past" it could be automatically filtered with "a long long time ago in an MMORPG far far away."

Overall I think that this would help in the transition and "train" players, so to speak, on the newest doubleplusgood terminology.

If in fact this does not work I strongly suggest that the team refer to 1984 by George Orwell. It is a very informative reference as to how to, in my opinion, properly run a government. I believe in this case "government" could be automatically interchangeable with "game".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok. I'm going to go be pathetic and laugh at my own jokes now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If an avatar uses the word "past" it could be automatically filtered with "a long long time ago in an MMORG far far away."

[/ QUOTE ]

G

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a sim such or other.
What's a sim such or other? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a computer animated figure. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So TSO would, were it not TSO call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which it owes
Without that title.

*cough*

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Without that title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forsooth!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Judging from what I've seen around City Hall and in game, it is apparent that people are not going to take kindly to the change of terminology within the game. To help aid players during this time of transition I suggest that EA implement an automatic filtering system in-game.

For example...if an avatar says "simoleans" it will be automatically replaced with whatever the new currency is to be called.

If an avatar uses the word "past" it could be automatically filtered with "a long long time ago in an MMORPG far far away." <blockquote><hr>

Do you think people are gonna take kindly to having it forced down our throats in the name of "aiding" with the transition?

G

ROFL It was a joke!

I figured someone would take it seriously and get mad. LMAO

I

Isimsalotta

<blockquote><hr>

Without that title.

*cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye there's the rub! ::Applauds::
For in that transition to EA Land what dreams may come...

Oh my~That is tooo FUNNY!

G

<blockquote><hr>

If an avatar uses the word "past" it could be automatically filtered with "a long long time ago in an MMORPG far far away."

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Judging from what I've seen around City Hall and in game, it is apparent that people are not going to take kindly to the change of terminology within the game. To help aid players during this time of transition I suggest that EA implement an automatic filtering system in-game.

If an avatar uses the word "past" it could be automatically filtered with "a long long time ago in an MMORPG far far away." <blockquote><hr>

Do you think people are gonna take kindly to having it forced down our throats in the name of "aiding" with the transition?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether we like it or not, these changes ARE going to take effect, no matter how much some players rebel against them, so I don't think a system like Sindran suggests would be a bad thing. It would allow those players to type the same things they've been typing all along, but would replace the terminology with what it is supposed to be, just like how you can type profanity in the game, but if a person has their profanity filter on they will see !@#% instead of the swear word.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. I'm going to go be pathetic and laugh at my own jokes now.

[/ QUOTE ]*backs away slowly*

R

Rennay

LMAO! I would deffinately go for the "Past" one! April Fools is coming up soon, I think it would be good to do it that day haha.
Well, you just made my day, Thank Ya! lol

G

OK. Just to show that Im not totally inflexible...I wouldnt mind if when someone typed the word EALand it showed up as !@#$!@

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Well, that would be interesting, monkey face!

If we type something it changes it to something else, your uncle is a monkey!

Seems like there is a special occassion that occurs already, you smell like a monkey!

BTW, I like bananas!

I

imported_CherryBomb

That gave me a laugh! And yes, I do know a hand from a hacksaw. (O, wait!) I was thinking "1984" after I read the first line. Imagine my pleasure when I got to the end of your post.

CherryBomb

This is really weird to see right now, because of the post I was just about to write.

E

ethanphillips

Now granted you were joking but boy if that happened, someone would have o deal with some serious castration!

:O

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Without that title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forsooth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, LMAO, forsooth? and i thought i had laughed hard enough at the other posts but forsooth did it for me, LMAO LMAO LMAO