• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammies won? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

there use to be two types of uo player, they were broken into those groups when trammel came to be, those that played, adventure, and fought in fel/ and those that camped at the bank, wanted a "safe" dungeon experience
, or socialized in tram.... why didnt they give anything to the fel players to make them feel loved too? i think all the patches, and changes for a long time now have been based around the crowd of trammies?, or malasites?, or Tokunians?, i dont know what to call them now that they have all those new lands to adventure.... can we please have some attention in Fel!!!..

and please dont say it isnt added to due to the lacking population, if that is the reason, please turn that statement around, it is a lacking population because of the lacking attention to players of that style...

G

you are a moderater, and you dont know what a trammie is? you must not be on an origin shard......where exactly are you?

B

Babble

Yay, i won?
What do I get?

And you only can adventure if you buy the expansions.
Could not get to Tokuno even as Trammie, evil EA.
Nor to the ML stuff, but you know all those diehard Feluccans went to get the newest arties...

So are Feluccans not Trammies too?

And what is good Feluccan content for adventurers?
Fixing factions? That is pvp that is not adventure.

Adding a new monster ? Is that adventure?

G

where the flowers grow, and the trees are green all year round... no sorrow, or isolation?.... sometimes you need but to open your eyes to see that somethings need a bit of excitement.. like a squirrell with fangs hopping out of that green tree, or a swarm of bees coming to take back their flower

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I's called Siege - no trammel there. We have the other lands but all is fel ruleset. There is also mugen which does have the land mass for tram but is under the fel ruleset.

G

oops, i have to agree then, siege is the happiest place around.. i applaud you... but to you who say pvp isnt adventure, you need to understand that pvp is the best form of adventure. you see, only in pvp can you get a contest against someone or thing that you cannot predict, or may not repeat an action. if you are playing the game for the monsters, or that is what you call adventure.. doesnt it get old knowing that no matter what you do, you will get no reaction that is varried. or response that is non-pregenerated? PvP IS the challenge that CANNOT be faked by a computer untill they come up with AI, and from the last thing i heard, we arent there yet.

G

Look man. I have no issues what so ever with anyone that wants the game their way. If folks want to play in Trammel, that is fine. I thank them for paying their dues to keep the game running. Bless them!

There is a lot to this game. If you want to play a place that has no Trammel, my world beckons. Come on over and play. You choose the place you play.

G

i understand that, i dont hav a problem with them having their world, but what i am saying is what has ea done to improve the fel-based experience for those that dont want a life in trammel, something that leans towards Fel type players who are interested in pvp, or factions?

oh, and i do have a char on siege, but i have played since like 1999 on great lakes then on baja, i would like to keep what i have and have accomplished.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

oops, i have to agree then, siege is the happiest place around.. i applaud you... but to you who say pvp isnt adventure, you need to understand that pvp is the best form of adventure. you see, only in pvp can you get a contest against someone or thing that you cannot predict, or may not repeat an action. if you are playing the game for the monsters, or that is what you call adventure.. doesnt it get old knowing that no matter what you do, you will get no reaction that is varried. or response that is non-pregenerated? PvP IS the challenge that CANNOT be faked by a computer untill they come up with AI, and from the last thing i heard, we arent there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing could get older, quicker, than comparing a Win/Loss record with the same players over and over. What's the difference? PvP and PvM are the same imo..

G

the same won/loss record is, i suppose, one way to look at it, but look also at the fact that everytime they lose inpvp, it improves them, and you never have the same fight over and over. in pvm, you kill the same monster over and over and over in the same maner. that doesnt get old?

G

In my world reds can go any where they please. Doom, Malas, Ilshanar, any where. If you are good you can kill in the guard zone. If you are silly you might pick on a crafter that might kick your ass.

Yeah, you only get one character. How many do you really need?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

the same won/loss record is, i suppose, one way to look at it, but look also at the fact that everytime they lose inpvp, it improves them, and you never have the same fight over and over. in pvm, you kill the same monster over and over and over in the same maner. that doesnt get old?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not up to you to decide what's fun for everyone. Some of us really like pvm . I am such a person. Someone of us really hate pvp . I am also that person. I have no problem whatsoever with pvp enhancements, faction improvements, etc. Why can't you have all that and leave Trammel out of the equation? Why do you care what facet someone likes?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course it gets old. It all gets old. I did it again tonight. I logged in, saw my character standing in his house, I looked around, and logged out. PvP won't bring me out of this slump, contrary to Mod belief, relocating to Siege won't bring me out. But a little new content, just a little new content, will work wonders on everyone. A slight change to anything, would go a long way.

G

shellybean, i agree with you, i think everyone should have their gaming experience the way they want it, and i was not meaning to say that it shouldnt be that way, i was merely defending on that last post, that there is fun to be had in pvp, and my origional post was just to say that some new content for a Fel based land would be much appreciated, and i do like siege, and i know that they can go to a fel based new land, but on other shards, we cannot. and i do like the people, and all on my home shard.

G

Hmm.....where to go with this...where to go......hemmm......

I don't suppose you were playing when they added the books of truth and made the drop rate higher in fel? Or the anti-virtue dungeon changes when it was popular? Did they not turn off the guard protection for the Magincia event?

Seems to me like someone is a little cranky cus mommy EA didn't give them a pen for more sheep? Does our lil pvper need a cookie?

<center>
</center>

Just so you know they havn't exactly added anything to the game in a substantial manner for over 2 years and it was 2 years before then they did anything. The reason there are no people that play this game are not because of the trammel additions they have added it's a combination of the lack of periodic updates and the lack of content of the few updates they have added. UOSE anyone? Perfect example of something we could have received as a patch for as much content as it provided but instead we actually had to pay for it.

Hmmm.....can I get a darkfall reference? I know one is coming...haha

G

I am not trying to convince any one Siege is the answer. I gave up on that long ago. Siege is not for every one. In fact damn few. I just hate seeing some one call out folks that like to play their game as they will.

If you like playing where you are, bless you. Thanks for supporting the game. If you don't... Well, find the place you can be happy. Trammel is going to stay. Get used to it already.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

I gave up on that long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never give up..Never....

G

to tell you the truth, i am tossing up coming to siege, but i own two houses in luna side by side on baja, and a fel castle, and i have a ton of junk and gold that cannot be moved to siege. most of my friends play wow now, and factions and pvp isnt the same on any other shard than fel, i am tossing up selling everything, then transfering in some way all my gold to siege, if i can figure out how.

G

Come start on Siege, live from the bank. Hell, many on Siege will give you a bunk and help you train. Come visit us. Post your thoughts on the Siege forums and watch. You will be overwhelmed with offers to help.

G

It is amazing at how kind and giving people can be. My experience on Atlantic is eye opening.

G

I play Siege and also Chesapeake. I do fathom what ya trying to say.

When they created Trammel despite professing that they were not going to *mirror* the lands they did so. But with AOS the feluccan side did not get a DOOM, etc. They could have at least added a DOOM even if not adding all of Malas to fel side..*or yes just repeated mirroring* with AOS. Then the SE lands come, no fandancers in felucca no mirroring of any part of SE lands..they could have *mirrored* and had just kept duplication. Maybe that was not cost effective but ya do not attract more customers when ya let a land go idle. *and yes Siege has those issues as well even though due to no mirror of all the old world lands cities, and Siege did get AOS lands, SE lands etc. the *old world side the original lands are same as yalls...........older dungeons hardly ever changed fixed nor updated since trammel, our old brit looks just like any fel brit..our fel dungeons look same as Despise does on your shard etc. Overland spawn, overland possible revamping of old dungeons all could have helped keep people IN the original lands. They did not tend to them.

Even in rl after volcanos erupt trees get their leaves back...they stripped the trees of foilage with advent of trammel *never put the leaves back on* while some love that ..it also shows they did not *recover* the land from the separation they did not regrow it nor replenish it. Yes we can hit options or wherever to put foilages back on the trees but the land before Trammel the birth lands HAD foilage..it should have grown back after 8 darn years of no leaves. Let the option be to NOT show foilage but have the land *recover heal from the disease and separation curses spells etc that made a *mirror* world.

There is lot they could have done to felucca and ditto for the original land masses on every shard *siege included* from overland spawns dungeons cities etc to reliven them up and they did not do so.

One can not *grow* a place neglecting it be it felucca reg shards or siege all fel old world lands look the same as yours... neglected.

The original world of UO was lovely despite the ability of people to kill people we had flowers leaves life all over the place, and even in a series of events to create a new world ie *trammel*, thus injuring *felucca* 8 yrs cmon is too long to have no regrowth no recovery from what happened in story line way back then as *the reasons the land split and became two worlds* .... the rulesets can differ but no need to make it all *die* and stay dormant ignored for 8 yrs since trammel was born.

I would love to see more ADDED to the original world or at least some storyline that helps *heal it some* like ml healed the yew swamping...there should have been something to yes releaf the trees, not all over just to make it look like it IS healing some...a mix scattered growth and leaves and flowers that WERE originally there coming back to life again..fixes on old cities and dungeons, add more content or new dungeon fel side, something to say..it is ALIVE and it will become ALIVE when given attention. NO it will never be AS populated as trammel but it can be more...if they just did something to it all in development fel related yet have it given something decent new too, even once a year like most other expansion have done for trammel...let some of all this also happen to felucca too.

Maybe for EA UO it is not cost effective but had they done things all along per expansion per year time frame to BOTH fel and trammel lands to enliven them, it would not be so empty..pvp pkin aside .those there would be happier some would venture in, never be AS populated per say...as trammel but suffocating it or stiffling anything new, avoiding putting anything there for fun or visual pleasure like old world trees beginning to recover from 8 yrs ago even, sure don't help it all either.

G

I thought that every time someone crossed the red moongate, Fel got new content?

(you know, you'd think I'd know better by now than to post in these threads)

G

*laughs*

And on Siege my home is by downtown Brit. I may have been in Umbra or Zento and I pop a gate to go home.......and get that big gump warning me the gate I just made myself to my own home...is in FELUCCA ! HAHA DOH what is NOT felucca on Siege anyhow..silly arse gump should not even be on Siege. Well frankly if we are making our OWN gate knowing full well where we are taking ourselves ..I do not need that warning to tell me I am taking my self to felucca on chesapeake either.

I do feel the gump should be there for new players or others taking *other people's gates* but surely we do not need that warning gump for our *own self made gates I think we know where we are taking ourselves on our own runes*

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Let's see....

-Exclusive access to THE most useful and necessary items in the game (power scrolls);

-Double resources/Fame/Karma/etc;

-When the Virtue Artifacts came out, the drop rate in Trammel was nearly laughable, and you basically HAD to go to Fel, yet you Fellies had no interest in those items whatsoever;

-Barring the occasional special event, Fel is the exclusive home to the most powerful monster in the game (The Harrower);

-Remember that PvP balance publish that came out awhile that messed with PvM in a big way, yet you Fellies whined wasn't enough? Didn't think you did.

All this for a facet that only a tiny minority of players ever so much as visit.

If it weren't for the behavior of the Fellies long ago, back before Fellies and Trammies existed, then Trammel wouldn't have been necessary.

It was.

-Galen's player

I

imported_mr.blackmage

just replying to last for whatever...

I have no real input for this thread... I am a PvPer, and this goes for any game that I play. Most games now I just skip any sort of single player aspect and go straight to the multi-player. This isn't always the case, and I WILL still play and beat the single player campaign, it's just that I wish to get a "true" measure of a game and how it will stack up in terms of a challenge for me. In my opinion, UO DOES actually have the best PvP system out there, in terms of original ideas, and the freedom to essentially play how you want. In the past 5 years, since the release of AoS, I have watched hundreds of pvpers (1000+ accounts?), from my shard alone, quit. Now there definitely still is an active PvP scene, but what's left... is just silly. Most of the PvP crowd nowadays are the ones that actually LIKE the system that is in place now, and like the fact that they can get kills on players without having to really do anything. This is all well and good too, I mean millions of players around the world enjoy this sort of PvP, ala first person shooters. The only difference is that in a FPS, you are MEANT to die a lot, over and over and over, so if someone gets a lucky headshot... Oh well.

Death used to mean something in UO. Now, it's more like a FPS in terms of how quickly you can get into a battle and how quickly you can kill people. So... I don't really know if I am going anywhere with this, but my point is that the PvPers that are left... aren't really pvping for the sake of a challenge. Take that, and then realize that 90% of the fel population has quit within the past 5-6 years, and then you can realize the current state of PvP today. And before anyone says "new game this and they quit because of that" (or whatever), the real reason is that PvP hasn't actually been "supported" since the release of AoS. Yes, they have done some changes here and some tweaks there, but we have had RAMPANT speedhacking for the past FIVE (AoS release) years, as in really obvious jumping a screen a step sort of speedhacking, where the gm's would tell you to stop paging on these people or you would get your account actioned against... In addition to the fact that gigantic bugs and insanely overpowered templates have taken on average a minimum of a year to fix. If PvP is to be fixed... I say that death (and kills) must be much harder to achieve, and I don't mean by methods like 80% evasion.

Sure, there are lots of ways to change it, and hundreds of posts have been made about it in the past, some extremely detailed, others just having the highlights. But I really do think it's too late now. Almost every pvper has given up completely on this game now, and I doubt even a classic shard would bring 10,000 people back. Although I definitely do think at least that many would play this shard, I think this game is just too outdated now to pull in many more than that.

Although I have to say, having an ACTUAL active shard (classic or otherwise) would be pretty cool. As much as people say that certain shards are "packed", I used to see hundreds of different players... every day.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

<blockquote><hr>

If it weren't for the behavior of the Fellies long ago, back before Fellies and Trammies existed, then Trammel wouldn't have been necessary.

It was.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain, rationally, why it is these "fellies" fault that trammel came to be? I would've thought that the arrow would have pointed moreso towards the developers that designed the game... You know, the ones that made it all possible in the first place. Call them "fellies" or "trammies" or whatever label, but the point is that human nature came up with trammel, not a certain select group of 10's of thousands of people.

point 1 : powerscrolls. So? If we had a working faction system with REAL rewards, and if pvp wasn't ignored as a gaming experience for years and years (with random days inbetween where they do a bit of coding and change something they inplemented without testing... a year later), what pvper would care about powerscrolls? Again, we didn't put them in the game, the devs did.

pont 2 : double stuff. Uh? What pvper went to a dev and told him "you know, I really wish that I could get double karma when I kill nataS, and that I could get TWO!! ore to weigh me down when I am out killing people.

point 3 : You know, I like that the book event brought some people to Fel, because I had a good time protecting people from pks, and I know that dozens of people ended up pvping (and enjoying it!) as a result of it. However it sure would be nice if that could happen again without a blatant lure such as that. Then again, you know, risk vs reward. And why WOULD we have an interest in that event? If we wanted the items, then we got them, but a random half-assed event thrown in to appease the masses..? Don't get me wrong, I like story lines, but not so much the "kill 4000 lizardmen so that you can get 10 books to turn in" ones. I ended up giving all of my books away, like 30 or 40? when the event first started, because I realized that I didn't need more silly items. Sorry, kinda ran off at the end here

point 4: Harrower... Yeah, about the PvP part? :S

point 5 : PvP balance. Galen... I've always thought you were a pretty smart, rational guy. It took YEARS for them to balance something that was overpowered for pvp AND pvm. What does it matter if you have to heal once more against a monster, or if you have to hit it an extra time? Not a whole lot, but it certaintly matters if thousands of people quit because of things like 100+ point critical hits, infinite ai's (4+ per second), evading 80% of ALL damage tossed your way (which was LITERALLY impossible for a mage to kill using spells), yada yada etc etc. Point being that in 5ish years, the devs have spent maybe 2 weeks working on some PvP issues. If a dev decides to change something to balance something out, then... Why is it a players fault again, exactly?

Last point : tiny minority of the population is in Fel. Besides an event, when was the last time you saw 80+ people on the screen, trying to obtain the same goal, and working together as a group? Do you really think that the current population in Fel is the same as it was 5 years ago? No, it's maybe 1/8th that. The player based was ignored for a significant period of time, certaintly enough that while they're paying for a game, they're not going to stick around for years for it to be balanced enough to play.

blah, whatever. I should stay out of these threads.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Yay, i won?
What do I get?

[/ QUOTE ]

a watered down version of UO?

<blockquote><hr>

So are Feluccans not Trammies too?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

<blockquote><hr>

And what is good Feluccan content for adventurers?
Fixing factions? That is pvp that is not adventure.

Adding a new monster ? Is that adventure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, allowing Feluccans to murder, pillage and plunder throughout all of the landmasses on all shards would be a pretty sweet adventure.

And FYI, not all Feluccans PvP... some strictly stick to PvM or crafting.

The difference between those folks and a trammy [censored] is the fact that those folks actually interact with the other players in Ultima Online and take risks in their gameplay.

I trust you won't ask another rhetorical question again because explaining common sense to you people is quite hilarious.

Now tuck tale and run back to trammy land... where the biggest obstacle is figuring out how to stay 8 tiles from a monster walking towards you.

Whats the hold up??? Get to it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do feel the gump should be there for new players or others taking *other people's gates* but surely we do not need that warning gump for our *own self made gates I think we know where we are taking ourselves on our own runes*

[/ QUOTE ]

I get these same confirmation gumps on gates I make in Trammel to another Trammel location, so I don't think it's Siege specific.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

What's the difference? PvP and PvM are the same imo..

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference?

Are you serious?!?

You really think the AI of a computer generated monster is on the same level as a players free thinking? lol?

And if it's the same... then whats the big deal that players kill other players? Players die to monsters all the time...

Monsters loot your corpse - *rumages through corpse*

Monsters trash talk you - Lady Melesande says some nasty stuff =[

Monsters res kill you if you try and go to back to your body - noobie

Monsters attack you regardless of your hue

but what's hilarious is that all you trammy's can't handle the fact that another player chose with their own minds to do the same damn things to you.

Its the dumbest [censored] philosophy, I've ever heard of. Inanimate objects can do anything to another human being in a fantasy world... but players can't play that role... because you people can't handle the fact that a "person" did it... lol BOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Cry baby cry cry teh bad pk's are sooo mean!

So much for role-play... now go back to playing your watered down version of Ultima... I enjoy my fantasy's in full flavor thank you very much.

bye byes!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It was.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain, rationally, why it is these "fellies" fault that trammel came to be? I would've thought that the arrow would have pointed moreso towards the developers that designed the game... You know, the ones that made it all possible in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh?

I thought it was the panzies that couldn't handle the fact that other players had the choice to impact their gameplay (much like all content in the game does) and didn't think it was fair that another player could impact how they played.

Even though they ignored the fact that monsters serve the same purpose...

so why don't we remove all monsters from trammel!?!?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

the monster killed me then looted my corpse... DEVS REMOVE NPC MONSTERS FROM THIS GAME!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!

I

imported_mr.blackmage

No, there definitely was a lot of griefing going on. It never bothered me, but I can easily see how it can bother someone else. However, a clearer set of boundaries and some GM action would have rectified that. For example, I LOVED being a thief, but only when I was the thief, haha. It was highly frustrating to be disarm/stolen and then having absolutely zero chance of getting the weapon back due to connection (or speedhack, heh). I think the premise that "people will behave like a good community" was sort of foolish. Put people in a sandbox, and sand gets thrown around, heh.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

No, there definitely was a lot of griefing going on. It never bothered me, but I can easily see how it can bother someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Griefing?

If you're not exploiting the mechanics of the game it's not griefing....

So are you telling me because I can't get to the back of the orc cave... I should page a GM because the orcs are griefing me and not letting me play the game how I feel it should be played on my terms with no regard to anyone else but my own selfishness?

Its that simple.

The only griefing I can understand as legitimate is verbal harassment, and even then... the trammel ruleset does NOTHING against this.

Any other form of griefing such as killing you, or not letting you have access to an area... is NOT griefing. Infact, it's role-playing. People are playing the same role, monsters in that area would otherwise be playing... and let me tell you... if you can't handle that level of game play there are newbie dungeons designed for your type of character.

They should of never ruined every single server in UO just to accommodate a MINORITY of fickle players (who wind up jumping ship the second a prettier pixelated version of the same game comes out... aka WOW.) They should have made some new servers focused on an entirely trammel ruleset... rather than screwing up one of the best things about this game.

I thank all those who confused the real issues at hand, constantly whining and crying about OH NOES TEH PKS!!!! The people who royally screwed things up for all of us because they can't hack it in this virtual world and had to cry and complain the poor developers heads off until they got so damn sick of your complaining they had to cave.

Way to ruin what IS to so many, their favorite videogame... maybe if we do the same damn thing, we can get a proper slice of the pie that we definitely deserve.

So listen up people... it's feluccas time to shine!

Mark my words.

*nods*

I

imported_mr.blackmage

You're starting to go off on a little tangent here, I do agree with most of what you are saying, but what is griefing to one person is another persons enjoyment. But really, griefing to me would be the deliberate intention to inhibit ones gameplay without any sort of game reward possible to be achieved through it. Meaning sitting there for a week straight with a guild to nonstop cast blade spirts in a house, or something like that. Also verbal harrasment in terms of just trying to make someone cry over the internet, heh. GM enforcement would have helped here (for issues that the filter cannot get around, such as references to a person family, for example).

I do agree that making segregated shards would have been a better idea than splitting up the playerbase on every server. Too late now

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

But really, griefing to me would be the deliberate intention to inhibit ones gameplay without any sort of game reward possible to be achieved through it.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, I say... no.

Deliberately trying to inhibit another persons game-play is the whole damn point... because they are playing the role a monster otherwise would have.

You want gold don't you? What do you do when a monster (who is holding the gold) is so hard that you simply can't beat it and it instantly kills you in 1 hit?

Page a GM?

Come... ON.

It's the same damn thing.

Maybe the developers should have looked at better ways of protecting players from being exploited by others... maybe protecting them better in their own homes... hell I don't know... but not one example of "griefing" you're giving me is legitimate... not one.

Monsters do all that to you... hell, we even have monsters invade our towns!

What in the hell is wrong with you people that you have to limit the experiences in this game soooo damn much that you make it impossible for players to experience THAT aspect of the game if they want to?

What about those who Role play an ORC?!? They guard their orc fort (wear the green orc masks so orcs dont attack them) and kill humans and any other creature that invades their turf?

Oh... I know what you do about them... you screw them over and make it damn near impossible to play this game the way they were once allowed... the way they love and make some of the most fabled postmarks of this game extinct.

Like I said, trammel is the dumbest philosophy I've ever heard of... not to mention the most hypocritical.

GOOD night.

PS. I've spent the last 10 years of UO as a Knight of Virtue... I have hunted PKs and Criminals for 10 YEARS... and I have to thank all of you carebears for making my beloved playstyle so damn hard to play because you killed off those whom I played with and against.

Good job, now we're all ITEM hunters or SELLING BLAH BLAH FOR 80 BILLION GOLD... way to kill off all of the fantasy that ever made its way into this game.... GREAT JOB on that one.

again,

GOOD NIGHT!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I'm just going to summarize what I'm saying because I'm doing a lot of bashing and it's really not fair. People who enjoy the Trammel ruleset have just as much of a place in this game as those who enjoy playing a Felucca ruleset.

The differences in the two playstyles I see loud and clear are

Feluccans enjoy experiencing the world of Ultima where the 8 virtues and anti-virtues are expressed in a players in game actions.

Trammelites enjoy playing a videogame like any other videogame out there set in an Ultima setting.

I'm a role-player at heart minus all the rules the average "HAIL HOW ART THEE" D&amp;D player thinks a role-player should adhere to.

I relish in the notions of other players filling the roles of merchants, vampires, theives, knights of virtue, murderers, criminals, savages, orcs, pirates, hunters, adventurers, townsfolk, you name it... there's someone who will fill that role. I am a feluccan and I believe that the interactions these "players" have with one-another foster the strongest, best and most unbelievable community you could ever imagine in a fantasy world that can last for 10 years strong because it was built upon a foundation that pivoted upon this philosophy.

I hate the fact that the direction this game has gone has done nothing to strengthen this philosophy but, only serve to destroy it.

I am a bitter old veteran, who has seen every phase this game has gone through and have lost soooo many friends AND enemies because of the neglect and down right disrespect given to our playstyle.

It's time we start changing that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Trammelites enjoy playing a videogame like any other videogame out there set in an Ultima setting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm ... I've read all your posts in this thread and with all due respect, I don't think you know your enemy as well as you believe.

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

I also would like to see some kind of felucca expansion just for once. An for seige well i have two accounts and have two char that never see the light of day.. I have chars on 3 shards other than seige an iam done building chars.

I agree the powers to be needs to show just a little love to the felucca player base.

Now saying that they need to tighten the rope on cheaters. There are way to many bugs an cheats that to many people use just so they can win an that is the down fall of UO.. A lawless land will never make it.

Risk vs reward an doing the crime than do the time... They need to make it so blues have a chance... hehe hmmm like weed out the sinners.. Good vs evil Order / Chaos Factions any thing just so we can fight all night..

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Let's see....

-Exclusive access to THE most useful and necessary items in the game (power scrolls);

[/ QUOTE ]

Risk vs Reward.

<blockquote><hr>

-Double resources/Fame/Karma/etc;

[/ QUOTE ]

Risk vs Reward.

<blockquote><hr>

-When the Virtue Artifacts came out, the drop rate in Trammel was nearly laughable, and you basically HAD to go to Fel, yet you Fellies had no interest in those items whatsoever;

[/ QUOTE ]

Risk vs Reward.

<blockquote><hr>

-Barring the occasional special event, Fel is the exclusive home to the most powerful monster in the game (The Harrower);

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG Risk vs Reward.

<blockquote><hr>

-Remember that PvP balance publish that came out awhile that messed with PvM in a big way, yet you Fellies whined wasn't enough? Didn't think you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got news for ya, this isn't about PvP vs PvM, this is about Fel vs Tram, that is landmass and the content involved in said landmass (including PvM and PvP for both).

<blockquote><hr>

All this for a facet that only a tiny minority of players ever so much as visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you pull this assumption from? Oh wait I know nvm...

<blockquote><hr>

It was.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was Trammel so necessary? I would love to know this. Considering that UO's subscriber numbers were only going steadily UP from day 1 all the way through the Second Age (UO's golden age), and only started going DOWN AFTER UO-R.

Something to think about for all of you who think Trammel was 'necessary.'

When UO was the number 1 MMO in the world (1997-2000), ya know the title held by World of Warcraft ATM? Guess [censored] what.... NO TRAMMEL.

TRAMMEL WAS NOT AND IS STILL NOT NECESSARY. Same with Fel.

BRITANNIA IS NECESSARY.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rtlfc
Ya know I'd be tempted back into PvP again if there were some sort of rank system tied to arena fight circuits for 1 on 1, 2 on 2 etc. Perhaps even a single circuit tied to a single arena shard accessible from all shards. Something where combatants were stripped of their gear and goodies then given standard equips just for the battle. Maybe benefits outside of the arena for top ranked fighters.

But for now my pvp is limited to fighting off folks while I mine. It has been ages since I actually got involved in it. Well before speed hacks were the norm.

Overall I agree with the op. Fel needs something more than it has now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Griefing?

If you're not exploiting the mechanics of the game it's not griefing....

[/ QUOTE ]

That mindset is what made Trammel....now negativly affecting another player is exploiting the game mechanics.

I

imported_Warpig Inc

but what's hilarious is that all you trammy's can't handle the fact that another player chose with their own minds to do the same damn things to you.

Even with the speed hacks and BS of fel I still hung there till being at a adead run and being hit by flamestrikes by someone closing the gap got old.
Last straw was losing a personal bless deed item to some hack.

As I like to say plp act like this in a Pixel World they must be real winners in RL

I

imported_bioras

Kelmo does play his shard. EA has given him that choice. You have it too. Seems to me that you want to bash the game because not everyone wants to play the way you do.
I don't PvP. I lack the conn speed to even think this as an option for me. I spend VERY little time bank sitting. I am also a solo player, so I am not here to sit &amp; chat. I don't go to Fel because I don't care for the type I meet there.
I do however, enjoy Siege.
You don't seem to have any real issue other than player preference. I'm wondering why you feel that is up to EA.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

the monster killed me then looted my corpse... DEVS REMOVE NPC MONSTERS FROM THIS GAME!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Felucca was abandoned within days of Trammel being created, and has stayed that way ever since. It was abandoned long before Doom, or Tokuno, or anything else was added to the Trammel ruleset. It stayed abandoned, even after it was given extra goodies like champ spawns, khaldun, factions, double resources, double karma, and so forth.

And in the seven or eight years since Trammel was born and Felucca abandoned, there have been ******* like you coming to boards like this, to whine about how Trammies don't love their precious PVP and just want easy-mode or whatever. Eight years.

Here's a clue, kid. We don't care what you think. We didn't care eight years ago, we didn't care now, and we never will. Sit in your empty little PVP world and like it, or quit the game, because it's been this way for the better part of a decade now, and it will never, ever, ever change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's a clue, kid. We don't care what you think. We didn't care eight years ago, we didn't care now, and we never will. Sit in your empty little PVP world and like it, or quit the game, because it's been this way for the better part of a decade now, and it will never, ever, ever change.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't you get it?
You, me, and the rest of the vast majority of UO's players are clueless trammies. We'll never understand what the game's truly about.

M

mr crabs

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Felucca was abandoned within days of Trammel being created, and has stayed that way ever since. It was abandoned long before Doom, or Tokuno, or anything else was added to the Trammel ruleset. It stayed abandoned, even after it was given extra goodies like champ spawns, khaldun, factions, double resources, double karma, and so forth.

And in the seven or eight years since Trammel was born and Felucca abandoned, there have been ******* like you coming to boards like this, to whine about how Trammies don't love their precious PVP and just want easy-mode or whatever. Eight years.

[/ QUOTE ]

u want some one to quit because of there play style and every one thinks pks and pvprs are rude its nothing compaired to this trammie dip [censored] u sir are a narrow minded [censored] stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.