• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammie in fel

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hail fellow Sosarians,

I for one def put the T in trammie. However I do enjoy going to fel. I even like the 10-15 seconds of melee prior to being a ghost. My question is I would like to put up a little better fight. I usually cant even get off an all kill macro or a heal prior to being in monochrome. I do not flag or any of that, nor do i ask to be ressed from my encounters. My suit is all 70/75 weaver mage tame template. Most recently i got smoked with a GD, how can i be better prepared to give back a little bit of fight and maybe come out on top occasionally. I just started roaming around in fel in last cple weeks and lets just say Them 12 me 0. If this is in wrong forum please put in appropriate one.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suit is all 70/75 weaver mage tame template. Most recently i got smoked with a GD, how can i be better prepared to give back a little bit of fight and maybe come out on top occasionally.
If you are rocking a tamer and a greater dragon then carry some bolas. If you are out spawning or whatever in Fel at least you can try and dismount them with bola then try and set the GD on them.

To be honest if you are just looking to try out some PvP don't use a greater dragon.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some suggestions:

- Use 120 resist and have Max DCI. Have a weapon skill (and have that weapon in hand) or wrestle OR 100 anat / 120 eval (the anat/eval combo might be your best/easiest bet considering your temp, though i don't know the rest of your skills) OR a mage weapon.
- Use potions if you don't already and trap boxes and enchanted apples.
- Consider Parry.
- 4/6 chiv.
- Hide/stealth
- Ninjitsu for animal form
- Since you are using spellweaving, make sure you have gift of renewal and attunement on

Last edited:

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If a tamer with a GD in PvP you need to be a gargoyle, if not then this would be a big contributor to getting smoked, I have PvPed a fair bit on Siege using a mage gargoyle tamer with reasonable success, but Im using the GD just to keep the other guy from being able to stay on me or from getting a good spell combo off, I just keep it near me and fight as if it were a regular PvP fight, Im playing as a mage and the GD is an accessory that forces him to keep moving and keeps him off balance, and sometimes lands a nice bit of damage : )

Im actually not a fan of using tamers for PvP, I play parry mage when looking for PvP or at VvV etc, but if attacked in Fel while using my tamer, then you do what you gotta do :D

If you are not a gargoyle I believe one of the the most effective types of "PvP tamer" build is the dismount stealth archer with a Dread Warhorse or even a Nightmare, I personally hate this but each to their own, its certainly effective a lot of the time, but its really a PK build as mostly for ambushing and Im thinking thats not the playstyle you are looking for?

If you are a human or elf on foot using a GD, you are going to have to use a bola to dismount them or you are dead meat, GDs just arent very effective vs a mounted player, if you dont call it back constantly the guy is going to just lead it a screen away and double back and kill you before it even gets near him, riding a mare and using a runebeetle is more effective as you remain mobile and the beetle has useful abilities, but you will still be relying a lot on your own PvP ability with the magery and spellweaving.

Either way relying heavilly on a big pet isnt going to cut it, and really it shouldnt as it would make PvP a joke.
Your best bet would be to try to find someone in main chat or whatever who will do mage duels with you so you can train up in that area

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO unless you are somehow cheating... with programs to heal you and to make you move as fast as they can you will never win...

Best option is to sick your dragon on them invis and bolt... Get as far away as fast as you can log in log out get your pet... and call it a day. You lived.

To fight them as a crippled mage is nearly impossible... to drop 120 skill points into resist will make you even less of a mage... to drop enough into parry (which won't work for you if you don't invest in the DEX and such required don't bother).... to take up Chivy or any other skill again makes you 1/2 a whatever... face it tamers are just that... whatever skills you take besides taming, lore and vet are back up skills.... nothing more. They won't let you fight someone designed to PK. They just won't. Unless you brought PK killing pets.... which a GD is NOT... then sick the dragon.... invis.... and get out of there as soon as they are far enough away however since most of them have some sort of program to skip 2 and 3 screens at a time and you are on foot.... the chances of getting away from them are slim to none. Just don't give them anything... Use Bless deeds to keep all your stuff blessed and not insured that way they get 0 gold from your death... do NOT give them a murder count so they don't get that either... as if it matters anyway as they can just pardon that away in an instant... just don't give them anything to get from you.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I appreciate all the advice from all. I def never go to fel thinking im gonna win lol. I do however would like to be Somewhat self sufficient. I do have a dread and a gollum maybe ill go run around and use some of the stuff you all reccomended. Once again thank you and if you get me out there say hi

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I appreciate all the advice from all. I def never go to fel thinking im gonna win lol. I do however would like to be Somewhat self sufficient. I do have a dread and a gollum maybe ill go run around and use some of the stuff you all reccomended. Once again thank you and if you get me out there say hi
You'd be better off making a pvp tamer using the dead, depending on the rating.

Use archery for dismount or swords with a no dachi.

Some use mysticism on top of that.

Or you could make a 4/6 chiv template with spell weaving, wrestling party and chivalry. Spam holy fist and fairies. The heal stone is also a plus.

Lot of options, just pick one you think you'd like and we can go from there.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most important issue here is that you're bringing a pvm template to fel. That's equal to the old saying of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

If you want to venture into fel, I would suggest starting with an easier starter template like an archer or the classic parry bushido dexer. After you learn basic mechanics like what spells are being cast on you, how much damage each does, casting times, potion timers and swing speed you can venture into more difficult templates. I consider playing any tamer a more advanced pvp template because you not only have to keep yourself alive but your pet as well.

It's not hard but there is a lot to learn.