• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Training .....

S

sikooovision

I was wondering how to train my archery via Golem?

The more details the better, thanks in advance.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can start training on a golem once your skill is around 70. If I use a golem, I usually wait until it is around 80. Be in a guild with a 100% poison bow with no hit spells (ie fireball, lighting), mana leech and things like that is ok. In the past all you had to do was say "all guard me" three times and then start hitting the golem. It would hit you once be after that I wouldn't, but I think after they made the changes to the pet commands you need to say "all stop" or it will continue to hit you. Load up your char with items to get you to 150 dex and as high Stam that you can get so that your at max swing speed, carry as much arrows or bolts as you can, and have someone with tinkering or spellweaving come by and heal your golem every once in a while (unless you have a prepatch golem). Might put max durabilty on the weapon your using as well, and your all set.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend soulstoning spellweaving and using an arctic ogre lord. I've had better luck with them.

Tell it all stop, all stay. Shoot away with the 100% psn dmg bow (no hit spell).

S

sikooovision

Cool enough ...

Now will this raise my anatomy and tactics as well?? And I'm guessing if I Lightning Strike, I can work Bushido all the while.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it will take anatomy and tactics to 120 as well. I would have both of them at least 70+ before hitting the golem as well.

S

sikooovision

Aight appreciate the info... One last question (I think, lol), you mention having a tinker or spellweaver come by to heal the Golem ... Is there anyway I can heal this thing on my own? I mean it appears that people using Golems in Luna or elsewhere aren't even doing any damage?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Golems can be healed by their owners, but not by the usual methods (bandages or magic). In order to heal a golem, you must be within 2 tiles of the golem, and have tinker tools and ingots in your backpack. Then, to heal, double-click on the tinker tools, choose the "Repair" option from the menu, and then target the golem you wish to heal. As you heal the golem, the ingots in your backpack will be used.
this was from the uo site
just make sure you have a 100 poison weapon with no hit area or hit spell or anything like that!
it did not say anthing on tinker level to heal so i dont think it matters to much I will continue to look though
hope this helps

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JoAT tinkering is enough to heal it if you are human. If you are elf it won't work.

Thats why I suggest Arctic Ogre Lords.. they are 100% resistant to psn dmg.