• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training wrestling

H

Hariss

Hi. I have a new character and I am doing the wrestling quest in New Haven now. I did the parry and healing quests already. What I was doing was to get a shield and wrestle about 9 sheep at a time (and trying not to kill them). My skill gains seemed to stop so I have wrestled zombies and skeletons and haven't gotten a gain since.

My questions are 1) Can a person wrestle while holding a shield? 2) Should I be wrestling harder monsters? 3) Or should I just be more patient?

Thanks.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That depends on what your current wrestle skill is. I would assume that since you are still doing the quest, that your skill is under 50, in which case the zombies and skeletons are exactly what you need to wrestle.

You can wrestle with a shield.

How long have you not gained?

Are you close to skill cap?

Is your dex sufficiently high? (This won't change whether you gain, but will change how fast you swing and thus you get more chances to gain)

S

Sir Kenga

1). Yes.
2). Yes.
3). kinda yes, but consider 2)

Also you don't need multiple opponents at once, because wrestling raises only when u hit, doesn't matter how much u get hit.

G

GFY

If your training a mage character keep bless and agility cast on yourself to increase youe swing speed. It also wouldn't hurt to carry some agility potions and total refresh potions as well. One to raise your dex and the other to keep you at full stamina for max swing speed.

You could also aquire a golem and hit him for gains as well. (This can be boring and mind numbing but it does work)

X

xStrikerx

Use a fishing pole. It counts as wrestling weapon, doesnt damage your enemy, and swings at max swing speed. You MUST stand on the same tile as your enemy though.

Once you reach 85-90 the best way to gain is off of summoned earth elementals then summoned daemons. BTW, wrestling is very slow.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could do what I did and find a buddy who needs to train wrestling also. Get in the same guild or go to fel and hit each other. good way to get some healing and anat gains also.
As long as the 2 of you are within 20 wrestling points of each other you'll gain pretty fast! Took about 10-15 hours total to get to GM.