• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training using hunting

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before coming into hospital I made my new bard, I am training on giant beetles in the Solent hive, I disco, slaughter with bow, rinse and repeat. It's working ok for gains but I like to earn gold as I don't have much, the bard diff list states giant beetles are 88.2 I am 72.2 or something and gain well off them. I notice ogre lords are only 90 difficulty , I can't test it right now as I am in hospital but I was wondering if I will still gain off them, with my vamp form / chiv / disco I will make very light work of them and they spawn 5 at a time in despise. I figure while I train I can earn gold and it's a decent test of using the skill in a true hunting environment . Has anyone who isn't a power gamer that has used this method at all, once I get home I will test it out, could be a good way for newer players to make money while they train.

Thanks in advance!
Jethro Tull of GL

5% Luck

I assume you are training archrey as well? Might want to try out the sleeping dragon champ spawn for gains and gold. Get a fair bit of spined leather as well as SoTs. If you work it up to kappas the gains should continue.

If you have gm+ archery maybe try the lesser hyrui. They have a harder dificulty but the gold will be welcome. In fact most of the tokuno spawns will yeild gains for both discord and archery plus drop around 1k a kill. Bakes kitsuens ra-jin tuski wolves oni fan dancers more.. All but the ronin and ninja are bardable and again its good good as far as corps lot goes.

You can always work on the twisted weald spawn too. Just work on the shadow wisps until the centaurs spawn. Then you can farm skill gold arrows and SoTs all at once! And, once ya skill up enough the cu sides(lvl 3) are great 95-120 discord and archery!

You can always get imbued skill jewlery to get you right where you need to be not just for gains but gold and fun! Id set up the jewlery to be at the "best gain" for the spawn I enjoyed working and found profitable.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume you are training archrey as well? Might want to try out the sleeping dragon champ spawn for gains and gold. Get a fair bit of spined leather as well as SoTs. If you work it up to kappas the gains should continue.

If you have gm+ archery maybe try the lesser hyrui. They have a harder dificulty but the gold will be welcome. In fact most of the tokuno spawns will yeild gains for both discord and archery plus drop around 1k a kill. Bakes kitsuens ra-jin tuski wolves oni fan dancers more.. All but the ronin and ninja are bardable and again its good good as far as corps lot goes.

You can always work on the twisted weald spawn too. Just work on the shadow wisps until the centaurs spawn. Then you can farm skill gold arrows and SoTs all at once! And, once ya skill up enough the cu sides(lvl 3) are great 95-120 discord and archery!

You can always get imbued skill jewlery to get you right where you need to be not just for gains but gold and fun! Id set up the jewlery to be at the "best gain" for the spawn I enjoyed working and found profitable.
Awesome reply mate, I am currently at around 115 archery working to 120 and same in tactics, I have GM necro on my Mage so will take it off him and train again on the Mage! Discord is 72.2 and music is late 80's so I will train them both together, chiv is still only in the 50's so I will work that too as I go along, never tried the sleeping dragon spawn but pinks and gold are just what I need to buy things like the skill jewellery and perhaps a primer on arms. Don't really want to lose the mace and shields as I can help it lol. I am so looking forward to trying this char, only thing I killed with him so far is giant beetles but when discorded they were going down in 3 hits hehe. Should have trouble with lesser hyrus so I will see how I get on! Thank you for your reply mate!

Jethro Tull of GL

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... I notice ogre lords are only 90 difficulty...
I don't know where you see the OLs at 90 barding difficulty, but that is incorrect. Their average BD is 103.7.

I dont have anything else to add to 5% Luck's suggestions.

Stayin Alive,

BG

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know where you see the OLs at 90 barding difficulty, but that is incorrect. Their average BD is 103.7.

I dont have anything else to add to 5% Luck's suggestions.

Stayin Alive,

BG
I saw it on the list under the bard diff thread on this forum, I have ran my skills through the bard diff calculator and it says I should have around a 40% chance at disco with my current skills, thank you for your reply though, I wouldn't have known that. I believe the post may have been misread as I been back and checked and it's 90 skill needed for a 50% chance to disco.

Jethro Tull of GL

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw it on the list under the bard diff thread on this forum, I have ran my skills through the bard diff calculator and it says I should have around a 40% chance at disco with my current skills, thank you for your reply though, I wouldn't have known that. I believe the post may have been misread as I been back and checked and it's 90 skill needed for a 50% chance to disco.

Jethro Tull of GL
Are you on Great Lakes? If so, ICQ me (620-891-857) & we'll train on Ogre Lords together. I got on them at 88.5 Provocation & I'm gaining like mad. Im at 91.5, using an exeptionally made instrument. This gives me a slight edge, making the challange rating Optimal.

When it gets to Easy, ill use a regular instrument.