• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Resist on my GD

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I can't avoid it any longer. My GD is max'd in everything but Resist, so we gotta do this.
Any suggestions - or your fav mob ?

I'd put him on the other side of a fence and cast on him, but he seems to want to cast back...... hehehe. Besides, he's jones'n for something tougher than Swoops anyway. :rolleyes:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I can't avoid it any longer. My GD is max'd in everything but Resist, so we gotta do this.
Any suggestions - or your fav mob ?

I'd put him on the other side of a fence and cast on him, but he seems to want to cast back...... hehehe. Besides, he's jones'n for something tougher than Swoops anyway. :rolleyes:
If you feel like going into Destard, I always got good resist gains off that spawn (drakes, dragons, greater dragons, wyverns). If you have discord, it makes the kills faster

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you discord your dragon it will gain resist faster also.

Doesn't "All Stop" work to make your dragon passive to your attacks?

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Go to new haven, do all kill on spectres the all follow me, that way he can aggro 20 of them at one time. He will follow and not attack and Resisting spells will go up easy...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell him to "all stop", "all stay", and then cast on him until you fall asleep or die of boredom. As Angelus stated, you can also use the Spellbinders in Old Haven area. Or, you can stay awake and take him anywhere with casters and he will gain.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd get a group of any small casters, tell your pet to stop so he doesn't fight back and just watch his health. When their casting slows as their mana runs low, I tell my pet to guard me, then it wipes the casters out and we start up a fresh batch casting full blast with full mana. My favourites are imps, but you can use any small caster. Ilshenar is lovely for this - blood dungeon has a great imp pack, and you can take breaks from the imps and slap the balron or blood eles and daemons too. But with a greater, you can really load on a silly amount of spawn so look for the largest crowds. I don't bother with Haven simply because it's nicer hunting somewhere quiet and not having anyone else come to use the spawn :)

I've also finished resist just using a greater to kill balrons.

Wenchy

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually go to Twisted Wield, get a Satyr to discord the pet and have either the pixies or changelings cast on the pet.

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote for Haven! Wont take more than an hour if you collect like 15 spectres. Also the spectres spells do not do damage and are all resistible.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny thing about New Haven. I took my Rune and rode my Mare out there today. Each had about 5 points more to go in resist, so I thought I would train them up using the spectres. Each got up to 100 in due time, less than an hr each (did them one at a time). But when I made a mistake and one of spectres was killed, they didn't respawn. When I was done training the two pets, I stabled them, and went back for a look see. No spectres out there at all.

Is there something that stops them from respawning? I ran around and killed everything in sight and none of it respawned, hah! At least not immediately.

DM

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny thing about New Haven. I took my Rune and rode my Mare out there today. Each had about 5 points more to go in resist, so I thought I would train them up using the spectres. Each got up to 100 in due time, less than an hr each (did them one at a time). But when I made a mistake and one of spectres was killed, they didn't respawn. When I was done training the two pets, I stabled them, and went back for a look see. No spectres out there at all.

Is there something that stops them from respawning? I ran around and killed everything in sight and none of it respawned, hah! At least not immediately.

DM
I've heard this complaint before, spectres not respawning - never heard a reason for it but supposedly they are back the next day

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this problem before and just killed off the rest of the spawn in the area. Everything, including spectres, respawned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk