• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] Training question

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I know this is long, bear with me)
I think I have a problem with one of my characters. First a little background:

One of my Alts was a swordswoman. I decided to switch her to fencing. Got it worked up to mid 70's before I decided to leave her with swords. Rather than just trash fencing, I stuck it on a soulstone for my thief.

My thief takes the fencing and starts working it up for defense, I gave him tactics and anatomy as well. Trouble is I had to start him at 40 by training in haven, and got him to 50 doing the old haven quest. At this point I have a 25 or so point between the 2 skills. Ideally, I know they should be about equal when training. For a time normal fighting mobs ideal for his fencing gains tactics rose at a decent rate. Well, this past week I hit GM and started pushing towards 100 in fencing. Suddenly his tactis has ground to a halt at 89. Everything I fight for fencing is too challenging for tactics, and mobs ideal for tactics die to quickly because of the higher fencing.

I tried a golem thinking that might help even things out, but tactics are still not budging. I get maybe .1 per session if I'm lucky. I'm sure I'm not the first one to have this problem. Is there some trick to get his tactics moving again?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem. I found working rat champ spaws was excellent as well as the renowned rat spawns in the abyss. Additionally krakens at 2nd level shame were also good.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
throw on a piece of jewelry to get tact up so it gains?

J

[JD]

Tactics gains much slower than weapon skill...

You gotta fight stuff with appropriate tactics to get it to gain.

For now a Golem should be working, but if its not try Tsuki wolves.

If you find you're killing stuff with higher fencing, switch to a less damaging weapon like a dagger.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I had 75 weapon skill and 50 tactics I would start with lizardmen in despise. When I hit 80-85 weapon skill and about 75 tactics I would move to ettins and earth els also in despsie. When ready, about 90/90 head to the earth el & dc el spawn in the front of yomatsu mines. When you hit 100/100 head into the mines and fight the warriors to 120/120. Your weapon skill and tactics should almost even out around 95-100. That is what I would try.

-OBSIDIAN-