• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Gains Reduced?

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I just noticed that gains seem to have been reduced? I'm working on a two slot pet, and where Navrey use to give like 2.5% per gain, she's giving about .6.

Gonna take longer to fully train stuff now. >.<

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just noticed that gains seem to have been reduced? I'm working on a two slot pet, and where Navrey use to give like 2.5% per gain, she's giving about .6.

Gonna take longer to fully train stuff now. >.<
Things with less than 90 wrestling get .6 gains at Navrey and they wont get but about 6% per Navrey. That's a Crazy mage pet.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I always found navery slow for 2 slots.

Either as above with the crazy Mage or the pirate ships. I've abandoned navery in favour of the Pirates lately. Can take 2x2 slot and a 1 slot and not worry about a tank for damage.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You will need a ship that you can put cannons on. Easiest one to get is on the vendor at sea market for around 200k from memory.

Load it up with cannons and the neccessary items (ramrod, swab, charging powder for the cannon type used, cannon balls for the cannon type, fuse cords, match).

Best place to go is jhelom, seems to be lots around there. Say 'start tracking' (kicked myself when I found out that command as I had been sailing aimlessly searching). If there's any ship within 200 tiles you will get an arrow to it.

Shoot the ship with your cannons until it's scuttled while avoiding hits yourself. Once scuttled double click their mooring ropes to board with your pets and go to town. Most of the guys are pretty weak and the captain has a lot of health. Even a weak pet will only need the odd bandage.

Just don't take anything with disarm as I heard they turn into pro boxers.

With low slot pets they will take a while to kill giving plenty of gains

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The other good thing with the Pirates is you can let pets train casting skills while your trying to scuttle the boat since they can't get to Melee range until you board

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
You will need a ship that you can put cannons on. Easiest one to get is on the vendor at sea market for around 200k from memory.

Load it up with cannons and the neccessary items (ramrod, swab, charging powder for the cannon type used, cannon balls for the cannon type, fuse cords, match).

Best place to go is jhelom, seems to be lots around there. Say 'start tracking' (kicked myself when I found out that command as I had been sailing aimlessly searching). If there's any ship within 200 tiles you will get an arrow to it.

Shoot the ship with your cannons until it's scuttled while avoiding hits yourself. Once scuttled double click their mooring ropes to board with your pets and go to town. Most of the guys are pretty weak and the captain has a lot of health. Even a weak pet will only need the odd bandage.

Just don't take anything with disarm as I heard they turn into pro boxers.

With low slot pets they will take a while to kill giving plenty of gains
Just picked up the Brit ship from the cash shop. Was going to use it for my miner, but I think its WAY too big for that after trying to mine Minoc coast. Going to get a small row boat. Wondering if I can transfer that ship (dry docked) over to another char on the account? It doesn't say anything about being character bound.

I might have to give pirates a go. How is the loot?

Alternatively, I've been doing navrey with my disco tamer and it seems to go pretty quickly. I tried to find the Crazy but he was MIA! So I did an energy vortex and that was as slow as Navrey. :(

Thanks for the info!

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Things with less than 90 wrestling get .6 gains at Navrey and they wont get but about 6% per Navrey. That's a Crazy mage pet.
Weird, I was training a lesser hiryu with 106 wrestling. I just remember my phoenix and cu getting much better gains.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
with lower level pets you can do the rat spawn in the cavern of the discard.
You gain pretty quickly with the reknown

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Caverns was quite good for 1 and 2 slots. Also a great way to get their skills up while gaining slot training.

I might have to give pirates a go. How is the loot?
loot isnt anything to write home about. Have had greater artifact level drop off the captains (in trammel so dont know if you may get legendary occasionally in fel). The best part of the pirate ships is i usually get 4-6 armor refinements per ship which is a lot quicker than doing my tmaps.

However if you hit the merchant ships you come across, can usually get a good haul of crafting materials.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Caverns was quite good for 1 and 2 slots. Also a great way to get their skills up while gaining slot training.

loot isnt anything to write home about. Have had greater artifact level drop off the captains (in trammel so dont know if you may get legendary occasionally in fel). The best part of the pirate ships is i usually get 4-6 armor refinements per ship which is a lot quicker than doing my tmaps.

However if you hit the merchant ships you come across, can usually get a good haul of crafting materials.
Refinements are good for 1 thing and 1 thing only...... The Trash Bin.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weird, I was training a lesser hiryu with 106 wrestling. I just remember my phoenix and cu getting much better gains.

I took a beetle from 2 to 5 slots yesterday, and a Fire steed 3 to 5. Gains were normal. But 2 slotters at navrey have not gained well for me. Especially if others with better pets are there. If you try it alone with a 2 slot, they don't live long.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I took a beetle from 2 to 5 slots yesterday, and a Fire steed 3 to 5. Gains were normal. But 2 slotters at navrey have not gained well for me. Especially if others with better pets are there. If you try it alone with a 2 slot, they don't live long.
Working on a beetle now in shame but its a 1 slot. Gets rocked by the Crazed so I'm using a tank lesser hiryu but gains are slow. The % increase is nice, just the beetle only gets an increase once every 10 mins or something silly.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Never seen a Crazed myself, but I am guessing it's Wrestling skills will be too high for your Beetle to hit it regularly. And since it is not being hit either, no wonder the gains are few and far between?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never seen a Crazed myself, but I am guessing it's Wrestling skills will be too high for your Beetle to hit it regularly. And since it is not being hit either, no wonder the gains are few and far between?

All of what you say is true except the gains part. Sometimes you get lucky and one takes you to 100% from 0%. in 30 mins.

The problem is the crazed mage is a 1 gainer mob. You don't want a tank or someone else there.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 slot beetles both capped at 74.19% on a pirate today

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The problem is the crazed mage is a 1 gainer mob. You don't want a tank or someone else there.
Yes, in that scenario the pet itself gets hit and thus gets gains for being hit. So that is exactly what we said? When a pet can't gain itself (with skills too low) and doesn't get hit, the gains are rare.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, in that scenario the pet itself gets hit and thus gets gains for being hit. So that is exactly what we said? When a pet can't gain itself (with skills too low) and doesn't get hit, the gains are rare.

Ive gain up 3 beetles and 2 2 slotters on the crazy mage with the longest 0 to 100% being 60 mins. Some were 40 min.

After I posted I took this 0% pet there.

Now its

upload_2017-6-2_13-40-26.png

That's been <20min.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Crazy mage stopped at 64.75% so I went to the nearest vortex and got bored when it hit 86%, Went to a different vortex and now he is done. I lored a vortex. It had 135 Wrestling.

upload_2017-6-2_14-2-38.png

I gained nothing but training %/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for the sake of testing I took a fresh Cu down. The same crazy mage got it to 51.9% Then I went to the same near vortex and it went to 100% I didn't chat or read the internet. I am literally shaking because I usually goof off a lot more than I play. So this was very stressful.

I think its my record.

upload_2017-6-2_14-39-29.png

upload_2017-6-2_14-41-0.png

I finished at 2:35 but I lost the timestamp when I edited the first pic...

20min to 100%

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally when I use the Crazed Mages I take my archer down and just kill them as I train... grab the next one and so on... generally takes 3 Mages to hit 100... roughly an hour or less.

Yogi969

Visitor
Would you take a fresh non bonded cu down to train there? Is there a specific strategy that works best. I'm a returning player working on training a CU. The gains have been very slow, l2 mud eles and clay golems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you take a fresh non bonded cu down to train there? Is there a specific strategy that works best. I'm a returning player working on training a CU. The gains have been very slow, l2 mud eles and clay golems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
You can go down alone and put the mage in a safe place. Then return with the pet. But, If something bad happens you cant recall and take the pet with you. It can be done. And some people ride motorcycles on highways.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The cave with the Crazed is pretty safe. I marked a rune directly inside.
When I take a Cu there, I port in riding, immediately cast Invis, then dismount. The Crazed will aggro the Cu and the training begins.

A fresh Cu will be able to tank it easily. I had a 120hp cat without resists tank this mob.

Yogi969

Visitor
The cave with the Crazed is pretty safe. I marked a rune directly inside.
When I take a Cu there, I port in riding, immediately cast Invis, then dismount. The Crazed will aggro the Cu and the training begins.

A fresh Cu will be able to tank it easily. I had a 120hp cat without resists tank this mob.
Thanks, I notice people have really good results with dread pirates also I'm going try them both this week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have disco you can start at the crazy move on to one of the unbound disco it, then when gains are done or dry move to the next unbound for more gains,discoed or not. does not take me more than 1.5 hrs to fully train a pet even from 2-5...

Note: A lot of people I have seen train will leave at the first message no longer gains skill thinking they are done gaining. Train a bit longer most of the time you can still get gains.

Last edited: