• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Animal Lore

Finegold

Journeyman
Has anything changed with how to train Animal Lore now? (just taking it from 110 to 115).

Saw this:

"Using veterinary on a tamed pet and getting a passive gain is the preferred method of training. Once you get one passive gain, lock Veterinary and keep vetting your pet for endless gains."

So.... with vet locked I will still gain lore?

I guess you can still just macro lore a pet or something to gain too right?

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Using vet would gain you lore for sure.
You can also use the taming mastery to gain taming and lore...
I use the EC, lately I have to close the animal lore gump, in order to use animal lore again, so the macro could be a little tough to make. Could be just me...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can honestly say I've never trained animal lore, by the time I've trained taming and vet, lore has long since reached max with no specific training of the skill.

Finegold

Journeyman
Speaking of Panda. Why no Panda (other than the deco valentine bear) in UO?

I wanna tame Panda... roll attack!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I was shifting around skills to reduce the amount of equipment-based Taming, my Lore temporarily dipped below 120 displayed. I was able to get it back to 120 quickly from just vetting, rare secondary gains from using Taming Mastery, and loring the pet during training.

I went from just 102 real taming to 115 during that time (now using just the talisman bonus), and changed up the amount of Lore on my ring (taking all the points from Vet, which had been 120 natural, and is now 105 plus 15 from ring).

As long as you have it set to go up (and have room), and are using things like the taming mastery, don't sweat the gains - you'll get them without much effort.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking of Panda. Why no Panda (other than the deco valentine bear) in UO?

I wanna tame Panda... roll attack!
There ought to be some in Tokuno one would think... there is bamboo...