• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training a pair of bake kitsune

T

this guy

While training these two, I'm trying to use the training guide, but I find that I'm wasting a lot of time testing out different monsters to fight. Some things, the kits kill too fast. Some monsters just kill me too easily. I'm looking for a balance of difficulty and quick skill gain for the foxes. Could someone help me out a bit with a short list of what they like to fight in skill ranges of about 10?

I did 50-70 on Gaman
70-80=?
80=90=?
90-GM=?

I''m not sure what's best off that big list in the sticky for these 3 ranges.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While training these two, I'm trying to use the training guide, but I find that I'm wasting a lot of time testing out different monsters to fight. Some things, the kits kill too fast. Some monsters just kill me too easily. I'm looking for a balance of difficulty and quick skill gain for the foxes. Could someone help me out a bit with a short list of what they like to fight in skill ranges of about 10?

I did 50-70 on Gaman
70-80=?
80=90=?
90-GM=?

I have a peacer Tamer so this is fairly straight forward for me to do .......

I go to the Mines and drag a Shadow Iron Elemental to the entrance and get the Elementals near the entrance to hang out in the next room ....

Now you can probably get the Foxes to GM most everything except Spell Resist (more on that later) with in one or two Shadow Elementals. The Magery could be a problem. Train Magery you really want the pet(s) to do nothing but cast spells. A good example of this might be swoop. Swoop can on occasion fly up into the rocks and when attacked is inaccessible except by magic spells, as swoop is not a caster ......

To train Spell Resist use the Soulbinders just outside New Haven. I tend to get 6 on my pet and that takes maybe an hour or two to cap out Spell Resists and also cap out Dex/Stamina. (That is per pet)

T

this guy

I'll give that a try. Thanks a bunch. I know I'm going to train another 2 kits when I find some really good ones, but in the meantime (before I can get a GD or Cu Sidhe) I really need a couple decently strong pets.

BTW, I took that magic the gathering personality quiz. My color came up blue, haha. :danceb:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did 50-70 on Gaman
70-80=?
80=90=?
90-GM=?

This is the kind if thing that tamers tend to learn through trial and error. My method is to look at the list of monsters in my pet's skill range and pick out whichever I feel will survive longest and not mince my pet. I also look for casters whenever possible to get resist gains.

This is the list I refer to most often. It's lacking the more recent monsters, but I've used it since I was a newbie so I tend to base training hops on that list and the sticky one.

I would suggest letting your kits run riot at the earliest stages of champ spawns or in heavy small critter spawn areas. If you're at a champ spawn, take care to pull out before it gets too tough, but you can also stick on the outer edge and work on controllable quantities of higher end spawn if you wanted to hang around. Kits are pretty hard to kill during training ;) I remember most early sessions involved turning up, saying guard me and then just standing back and watching the carnage lol.

You can also train them by sparring on each other while you vet. I had a newbie tamer training vet on her kits and that saved a bit of time on the low end spawns when they were fresh. It also prepared the tamer char for vetting adequately at the tougher spawns. If you haven't finished training vet, that's an option for you. I sparred them somewhere quiet in Fel so they kept doing damage for me to vet, but you can also say "all guard me" if they turn blue and stop damaging each other. They do need pretty rapid vetting, but the vet gains were great :D

From memory at 70-80 skill the kits had a mix of efreet and daemons (Ilsh near gargoyle city for efreets)

80-90 was poison eles in shame, then kirin/unis at the oaks spawn. It's easy to work the spawn up to that level solo, just build up your karma beforehand and target wisps rather than pixies ;)

Then you can finish off with blood eles.

Wenchy

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good way to train a pet's resist is to tell it to stay and cast the minor curses (clumsy, feeblemind, weaken) on it. Do not have it guarding, so tell it to stop first.

Stayin Alive,

BG

W

Warrior of Time

I do them a little diff. than most it seems. The shadow ele takes up the skills first then the stats. Killing things though will take the stats up first. They end up a little better at fighting that way I think. Resist needs to be done first when they have very little skill to kill things. A demon or dragon works. I use demon temple. One thing I use them for after the mage resist is up is the crystal eles. They pay almost as much as a blood if you count the gold from the 4 gems with the gold. (Depends on the gems. 4 diamons at 200 each + the gold) They cast a little but have very little chance to kill a bake. Bakes have good poison resist. Once your done there and you want to get to 120 vet. Go to Despise and try and keep it alive fighting an OL. (Take lots of bandages) recall out if it gets too low on health. once you invis they will never attack you. Also all damage is physical.

I don't think you casting on a bake a good idea. They cast back. Only takes one slip to die to a bake.

As you may have guessed I run a pair of them all the time.

O

Old Man of UO

Pet training goes much quicker if Disco the pet.
Pet training goes even quicker if you disco both the pet AND the target (e.g. shadow ele, or whatever). Skills are closer to each other for optimum gain, and your pet needs fewer heals.