• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade deal problems

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually, for Europa Britain, we have run with the SDI increase, since that was the only one anyone ever asked for (despite asking folks in-game, on the old and new message boards, and on the forums.... feedback was pretty much zero) and it made sense given the proximity to the arcane circle - but our EM has a PvP event on Sunday, and someone asked me if I could change it to FC1 since he could not change towns in time for this, and the SDI would be wasted for him - seems a reasonable enough request so I agreed I'd try .... then problems kick in...

The existing deal was set to auto refresh, turned that off but still seem unable to set a new deal - and I have a horrible suspicion that even if I do get the new one set in time for their event, it will be stuck on that for a week until I can change back to the usually more popular SDI.

Given that you have to be logged in as the Governor to change a trade deal, and it comes from the town funds - why is there ANY delay on how often you can reset it? Again, it seems, trying to actually interact with the citizens of the town to help them out is prevented by an apparently inflexible system that I can't see any point for..... :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It takes a full week from renewal date to the time you can change it and yes with it auto-renewing you honestly have no clue when it reset..

I wish we could switch after 24 hours or something from canceling the last one.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the citizens could individually choose their own daily buff from the list instead of locking everyone into one that may be completely useless to them...

Dare to dream.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish that the citizens could individually choose their own daily buff from the list instead of locking everyone into one that may be completely useless to them...

Dare to dream.
Oh I couldn't agree more... just let me front the cash as the Governor and let them chose what they want/need.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you cant change it instantly because then i would become governor to just change it for whatever toon i was on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you cant change it instantly because then i would become governor to just change it for whatever toon i was on.
I understand not changing it instantly but I still think that each Citizen ought to be able to decide what deal to use if I pay the fee. Like one person might take the FC1 and another the 5% SSI. But it lasts 24 hours and you couldn't change that. But one day you might want FC1 and another 5% SSI...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given the duration of the buff is 24 hours for the user, needing a week to change it makes little sense - and if someone did keep changing it so the people who can use it can't get the one they want the players can raise it with the EMs and Devs as there is a process to remove people not doing the job right... pretty certain arbitrarily changing the buff to suit yourself falls into the 'abuse of the office' category.