• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Town Loyalty System

T

Tazar

The Town Loyalty System is being turned off on all shards until after the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is "supposed" to not decay when you log in everyday. So they turned it off so people can spend time with thier families and take trips and not worry about donating more items to get it back up. Would be my guess.

T

Tazar

Sorry - but the message that I received was kind of rushed and not too specific so I can't answer why. SunWolf guess is probably as good as it gets at this point. I'll update further if I get more info.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Does that mean that resources, etc. donated to your town won't be credited to your characters during the interim? Would be nice to know. o_O

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Could someone remind me why we were asked to pick one city and commit ourselves (loyalty) to it? I always had the idea that there was a big Civil war or invasion that was going to happen and, for whatever reason, it was important to be aligned with a specific town. Are we still waiting, did I miss something or just have it wrong. Thanks.

T

Tazar

1.) Town Banner.
2.) Nobility Titles.
3.) Town Council with ability to add special items to the town (Discussed at the Anniv Party - but not in game yet).

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1.) Town Banner.
2.) Nobility Titles.
3.) Town Council with ability to add special items to the town (Discussed at the Anniv Party - but not in game yet).
Thanks Tazar. #3 sound interesting, look forward to hearing more about it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been no word of this on UO.com? How are we assured that it's actually so?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been no word of this on UO.com? How are we assured that it's actually so?
Because Tazar is part of the Community Liaison Team - see the (CLT) under his avatar
One of the roles of the team is to post such things when we are requested to do so.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the whole thing is turned off as i started to add fishsteaks from my fisher to the town box, although its giving the thanks message i am still Unknown after 20k raw fishsteaks.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i wondered what the CLT meant.
good to know.

guess i can stop guessing now.
my latest guess what a acronym for Crazy Loony Trollhunter.

Last edited:

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because Tazar is part of the Community Liaison Team - see the (CLT) under his avatar
One of the roles of the team is to post such things when we are requested to do so.
CLT?

Really?

;)

"I am the CLT commander!"

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged all my chars on Dec 17 in the AM, Dec 18 Xmas shopping and never played UO yesterday and to day (Dec 19 around noon I logged all my chars and had no loyality loss and it said the moons aligned. That is about 53 hours between log-ins.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I wasn't questioning authority, ..............well maybe I was but it's just rather strange to not see a post on this on the official webpage. Well, considering all that's going on, maybe not. Thanks for the replies, I just didn't wanna have to build loyalty again.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should put this on the main site, and should specify what it means, for reasons I should hope are obvious.

Why do something good and then not publicize it? This is not the time to worry about being Prideful.

-Galen's player

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever think that maybe they are dealing with the other big issue atm and just made a quick notice to the CLT here on Stratics for now. So When they actually do have time they will post it on the main website.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ever think that maybe they are dealing with the other big issue atm and just made a quick notice to the CLT here on Stratics for now. So When they actually do have time they will post it on the main website.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
:thumbsup:FACT

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Town Loyalty System is being turned off on all shards until after the holidays.
Would it be safe to say that it will not be turned back on until after 2 Jan, 2013?
From the Devs
2012 Dec 22 12:38 GMT
With the holidays quickly approaching we wanted to let everyone know that the team will be out of the office until January 2nd. Not to worry though; our elves will continue address any issues that may come up over the holidays.
Is there any way for you to find out for sure?

Last edited:

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO NEWS? Nothing? Will this ever be addressed on the UO Site?
I sure would like to use this system...
What a horrible way to learn of something imo
(PS First message in 6 months here)

T

Tazar

From personal testing - the system decay is off - but the options to gain loyalty still work. I took a character from adored to venerated last night.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wierd cuse from my personal testing the only thing decaying is bad rep, we been on sonoma trying with no news of any gains, we are actively working ilshenar & tokuno spawns,
I have been at adored from Mid december, last spawns where last night...
Maybe you can use your contacts to contact some one who might be able to know and post more information?

T

Tazar

I checked my loyalty and it was adored - then I donated 20,000 plain boards at the donation box and rechecked the loyalty and it was venerated. It's a long way from Adored to venerated - it sounds like the gains from spawns may be much smaller than the gains from donation.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Understand, on your shard it works, on sonoma there is question, As your the guys with the contacts IE.the CLT I am asking if you can ask some one in the know (IE Someone at Mythic)and report back? if you can do that i would be most greatful.

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the donations crate on Europa recently and there it works fine too.

T

Tazar

Contacts are still not that easy - or regular - it is when they have time amongst other duties.

To help though - I did a test by starting a new character on Sonoma with 50 Lumberjacking skill. I bought axes and then went to the West Brit dock area and started cutting wood. After I had 209 boards - I dropped them into the turn-in box and got a message that said "Your deeds in the City of Britain are worthy of praise".

I did four turn-ins totaling 891 boards and went from unknown to commended. It looks like the turn-in system for gaining loyalty is working on Sonoma... It's just a very long way from adored to venerated.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your efforts but i think your still wrong, but thats imo.
It would have been nice if you caould have contacted them though, a shame you cant get a hold of them as the CLT.
Thanks
Lord Sir Scott.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

If you wish to try it yourself 900 boards isn't that much. The system is working. It takes between 80,000 and 100,000 boards to go from unknown to venerated.

As to contacting them, I try hard to let the team do their job. If they are dropping their work load every few minutes to answer questions then they'll never make forward progress. In this case - the answer was easy to test out. Sorry you disagree with my findings - you are welcome to perform the same test.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did and did not even get the same results, hence why i am questioning it.
its cool, i paged a gm and they took my request to forward it up the line to get some info....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the same comment and observation keeps coming up, if they'd give us a rating (number of loyalty points we have) for our loyalty standing that raises and lowers with gains and losses, we'd know wouldn't we.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

I've done two more new characters on Sonoma. One I took to Commended and another I took up to Respected. I really don't see any problem on Sonoma.

T

Tazar

Most all of the donation boxes are at docks... so I tend to put a ship by the dock and redeem a commodity deed in the hold... then take the boards to the box by packhorse.

You can also leap-frog the logs from the bank to the box in larger quantity - but you can only drop 2000 stones weight at a time.