• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Hall notes thread...

S

Salty Pete

Agreed a thousand times over. Do not nerf a class based on role play.
UO doesn't have class based game play. I wish players and some of the newer devs would rember that.

This is a game about characters. There are different skills you can take, but not classes.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
>End of UO2d: 2d is not going away any time soon

Worst news of the whole transcript.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

>End of UO2d: 2d is not going away any time soon

Worst news of the whole transcript.

As much as I believe that 2d is holding back the full potential of KR and thus UO, right now I have to disagree. (personally, I think the lack of a KR -only test shard is worse at the moment)

We still need the 2d client because while the KR client is good (I'd say it's better than even the devs are letting on, though admittedly this is due to the efforts of a number of players putting in time and coding effort to fix UI bugs and add UI features), it still needs a LOT of work and is incompatable with quite a few people's systems. Granted there are a lot of people who will simply need to upgrade to a more modern system (i.e. anything 3 years old or newer as long as they have an AGP or better graphics card slot and a 256 meg card that is compatible with KR, BUT there are still a lot of people who do have newer systems that KR is having compatability issues on... Radeon cards have been notoriously problematic with KR and that needs to be fixed. Memory issues need to be fixed and so on.

Until they can get the compatability and long term stability of KR up to par, 2d does need to hang around.

However, once they DO get KR running on as many system configurations as possible and running stable, they need to set a hard sunset date for 2d and stick with it.

2d was good for its time and I know it has a lot of people defending it and refusing to move, but it's not going to bring in new subs if we ever see a UO box on a shelf. UO needs to market via KR screenshots and features if they plan on getting boxes sold to more people than multi-account holding vets with "cars full of CDs" (from the town hall).

But until more work is done on KR, 2d needs to stay... and I say that as someone who is very pro KR and would like to see what it could really do without 2d hobbling it.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I agree Dermott. Killing the Legacy client would necessarily entail actually finishing KR and fixing the bugs. Otherwise it would be untenable.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once KR is compatible with most computer systems it really is just a matter of options for how players want to "view" themselves in game. Legacy options is a crucial part because once you are in game and view it as you want to then who cares what client it is on? I never had a clue who preferred the 3D client unless they said something. There is no reason not to merge the 2 clients if people can use KR as long as there are full legacy options at the check of a box.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

With player mod help, it will get to the point that the ONLY difference between KR and Legacy will be character models and evironmental (terrain) graphics. Modders have been able to convert the classic minimap into KR (I'm using it now) and one is working on a "classic" style UI that removes the bottom bar and looks mroe like the Legacy client (with the functional advances of KR to go with it).

But until we see another strong push at working on the KR client (like we saw last year at this time), we stil need both clients (though I think if people actually spent the time learning the new client and adding in the modders' work, they may be surprised).

R

Revenant2

- Instant GMs with items, Vamp form Bushidos working around skill cap: Needs a HARD look, Vamp Form needs a HARDER LOOK and a "kick in the nutz"

*hears the sound of dexxers being put back into storage*

Back to Mages & Tamers Online....:mad:

Guess it's time to go back to working up my Bard/Tamer....
I know so many straight-up PVM "Trammies" who would be horrified if this were pulled out from under their feet. The sammy vamp dexer template is usually a PVM solo-ist type of deal which can be hard to use properly and hard to get the right weapons for, but once you go to all the time and work, it's good. Some of those guys would up and quit if it happened, they would feel like there's nothing left for them, that's their main thing.

Now's not the time to push those people in the direction that leads out of UO, there's tons of PVM in like, say, WOW, etc.

I quit listening to the town hall broadcast when I heard the vamp form comments actually. I do this with 2 of my chars and the change would be senseless to both of them.

I believe I would stop using my archer if they did that. Forcing him out of vamp form permanently means that I'd have to retool him as one of two things, either a ninja stealth archer or a straight-up chiv archer. I don't want to do either one of those.

My PVM fencer would be trashed.

All that leaves is my mage-based characters. I don't like this. My archer happens to be my favorite one to use in PVP, not them.

If they did it, I can't say WHAT I'd end up doing. The main question would be, I guess, is my tamer appealing enough to override the fact that they took away my archer and fencer?

Like I was saying, I know some people who I feel sure will retire out of UO if they do it, and they are not PVPers, they are living out their happy little UO lives in Trammel and all.

People who feel the need to complain about other people just for the sake of doing it should take their short-sightedness and intolerance elsewhere.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, thank you very much, Dermott and Tina!

I can't understand English spoken through hearing, because English pronunciation is quite different from Japanese, but I can understand written English so your transcripts are great help for me!

C

Connor_Graham

I know so many straight-up PVM "Trammies" who would be horrified if this were pulled out from under their feet. The sammy vamp dexer template is usually a PVM solo-ist type of deal which can be hard to use properly and hard to get the right weapons for, but once you go to all the time and work, it's good. Some of those guys would up and quit if it happened, they would feel like there's nothing left for them, that's their main thing.

Now's not the time to push those people in the direction that leads out of UO, there's tons of PVM in like, say, WOW, etc.

I quit listening to the town hall broadcast when I heard the vamp form comments actually. I do this with 2 of my chars and the change would be senseless to both of them.

I believe I would stop using my archer if they did that. Forcing him out of vamp form permanently means that I'd have to retool him as one of two things, either a ninja stealth archer or a straight-up chiv archer. I don't want to do either one of those.

My PVM fencer would be trashed.

All that leaves is my mage-based characters. I don't like this. My archer happens to be my favorite one to use in PVP, not them.

If they did it, I can't say WHAT I'd end up doing. The main question would be, I guess, is my tamer appealing enough to override the fact that they took away my archer and fencer?

Like I was saying, I know some people who I feel sure will retire out of UO if they do it, and they are not PVPers, they are living out their happy little UO lives in Trammel and all.

People who feel the need to complain about other people just for the sake of doing it should take their short-sightedness and intolerance elsewhere.
Funny you say that. Players quitting because they nerfed dexxers once again was one of the points I brought up several months ago when a rash of complaints started showing up on the boards. Funny that it was mainly tamers that were doing the complaining. It's ok for them to solo most of the Peerless, Doom, and every other high end creature in UO with a Greater Dragon, but when a dexxer happens to be in the spawn location they want to hunt in, then it's time to nerf them and get rid of the competition.

I decided to test a theory, and it turned out to be true. I took a freshly tamed GD to the Labyrinth and put it up against Rend. Not only did the GD handle it with it rarely being in any kind of danger of losing the fight, but it took Rend down faster than my Sampire could even think about doing, and didn't have to move to do so.

Yeah, it's the Sampires that need nerfing.../sarcasm

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quite frankly, damage in general needs a good "kick in the nutz". There shouldbe NO WAY that I can one or two hit creatures that used to take 3 to 5 minutes to beat down, but since they went to DI % instead of a flat +X, insta-kill combat has become the de-facto norm it seems.

The "tactics" of using bandages, support spells and potions have dropped by the wayside in favor of the quick kill.

And of course anything that CAN last over the 2 to 3 hit kill will simply reverse the process and do the same to you (through max armor).

The whole thing is borked regardless of which combat style you use.

The damage rebalance is needed... BADLY.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sampire was a direct response to the continued nerfing of dexxers in general. I find it amusing how tamer types think it's ok that they can solo para balrons/peerless/etc. with their pets, but heaven forbid a dexxer be able to solo a peerless.

D

Deb

I didn't see this asked...but was there any mention on the "Choosing of sides
we did"? or the Glass daggers etc.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see this asked...but was there any mention on the "Choosing of sides
we did"? or the Glass daggers etc.
It was mentioned several times that Draconi is the only one who can answer event questions. Unfortunately he is in Japan working with the UO team there until the end of the month.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sampire was a direct response to the continued nerfing of dexxers in general.
Do no dexxers aside from myself remember how to joust?

There are many viable dexxer templates aside from Sampire... and the Sampire template is most definitely way too powerful.

R

Revenant2

Vamp form was at first intended to be a great, powerful vampire form, the top of the top for necromancers. They ended up nerfing the heck out of it and now it's nothing close to that. It's been nerfed into a niche application for certain dexers.

If they were to make any quickie-type changes to make some of the issues transform into non-issues, they might consider lowering the requirements for Vamp form to match the fact that it's NOT some highly points-valuable necro form, not after all the nerfs it's suffered. IMO when I look at the dexer templates and how their points allocation goes, I'd say no higher than 45 Necro should be required, 35 is better. They might lower the requirements for Wraith to the same thing, for that to make more sense in context.

Those points values obviously jive with what players are saying right now through their template choices. The people who want to run the templates that use the necro forms as they do right now would just use their existing base skill points and it would work, without needing to swap on all the necro gear. Problem solved, perhaps, and people will be happy, and complainers will stop accusing us of cheating the system when all we're doing is trying to make use of what we can to good effect?

The message to the dev team, as indicated by people's template choices, is that vamp form is not worth incorporating into templates unless they can get it for 35 or so skill points of necro. BTW, people who quote numbers lower than 25 necro for assuming vamp form are clueless and should stfu, the common number is 35, with 25 being the absolute minimum if you get the very expensive Mark of Trav for necro+ss.

Why fix what's not broken, you know? Offhand I can't suggest they boost up Necromancy to try to make 99 native points worth having on a dexer who wants to take vamp form, not with the way it works in other templates. Necro is touchy, the less you can change, the less it is likely to end up messed up! I don't want them to boost up Necro to where it becomes worthwhile to replace Chiv on my archer with real 99 Necro only to have them take it away later!

--------

I have both a superdragon-toting tamer and a sammy dexer. I agree they are similar in overall PVM power (but not identical in every situation), and given the choice, I would prefer for both to be left as they are!

Superdragon eating up a rend is great news, I hate those worthless things and am glad there is something that can finally deal with them. Now, if Rend were tameable, that would be cool. After the stat/damage changes post-tame they would still make a sweet rideable that would rival the cu sidhe. And they are black. :).

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do no dexxers aside from myself remember how to joust?

There are many viable dexxer templates aside from Sampire... and the Sampire template is most definitely way too powerful.
Sure, I joust all the time on my 'pure' dexxer. I like using lots of different templates for various reasons. When they nerf I just adapt. The Sampire is not nearly as powerful as a tamer with a greater dragon, though.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vamp form was at first intended to be a great, powerful vampire form, the top of the top for necromancers. They ended up nerfing the heck out of it and now it's nothing close to that. It's been nerfed into a niche application for certain dexers.
Can you please post how they have nerfed it? I don't recall any changes to diminish the power of Vampric Embrace. I also searched the patch notes and found nothing about changes to the spell which make it less powerful.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, I joust all the time on my 'pure' dexxer. I like using lots of different templates for various reasons. When they nerf I just adapt. The Sampire is not nearly as powerful as a tamer with a greater dragon, though.
Greater dragon wins survivability. Sampire wins damage throughput.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can attest to the Greater Dragon's survivability. I saw one on LS early in the Dark Moonglow event that was surrounded by something like 8 or 10 or so berserker daemons and holding its own. I would NEVER consider even TRYING to do that with a dexxer, not even with 120 Parry/Bushido, max Dex, max DCI, 70s resists and a good parrying two-hander.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All it does is allow dexxers to compete on the same level as Tamers and mages. If vamp form needs a kick, Tamers need a good neutering in comparison.
Yep. Take away greater dragons and LRC then we can talk about taking away vamp form from dexxers. Note: I don't want to see any of those nerfs...I'm just sayin'.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quite frankly, damage in general needs a good "kick in the nutz". There shouldbe NO WAY that I can one or two hit creatures that used to take 3 to 5 minutes to beat down, but since they went to DI % instead of a flat +X, insta-kill combat has become the de-facto norm it seems.

The "tactics" of using bandages, support spells and potions have dropped by the wayside in favor of the quick kill.

And of course anything that CAN last over the 2 to 3 hit kill will simply reverse the process and do the same to you (through max armor).

The whole thing is borked regardless of which combat style you use.

The damage rebalance is needed... BADLY.
This.

The entire reason that people set up melee templates to 1-2 hit monsters is because, after many rounds of "DERR MONSTURZ 1-HITIN PPL = BETTAR AI AND LOTZ OF FUNZ AM I RITE?//," monster damage output has gotten to the point that if a meleer takes much longer than that 1-2 hits to kill the monster, the monster is going to 1-2 hit the meleer instead.

In games like WoW, monsters can do thousands upon thousands of damage in one hit, but characters frequently have both hp and defense in the 5-digit range, so they can take it. We don't have that luxury in UO, so every combat strategy can be basically boiled down to "kill it as quickly as possible before it gets a hit or two in and kills you."

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a bit of a story from earlier today to describe what there needs to be more of:

I was up at the little encampment near the Ancient Wyrm's lair in the central part of Ilshenar beating down Exodus Overseers for crystals to turn in and spawned a Paragon.

Well, the battle with the paragon is more of what battle in UO used to be like. It too several minutes, I was dealing a good portion of damage, it was dealing somewhere between 17 and 28 per hit... reasonably high. As long as I paid attention and kept bandages going, downed a potion when needed, kept Consecrate up and threw in some lightning strikes, in the end, I did beat it (died once because I wasn't paying as good of attentiona s I should have).

That's where PvM should be in the mid-range. There also should be larger creatures that do the same amount damagewise, maybe a little more, but require more than one person to be able to effectively handle.

I don't expect to be able to handle EVERYTHING as a solo melee character, nor would I want to (ok, I might want to, but it kind of negates the whole multi-player thing, so I will say that there needs to be small and even large group based encounters). The point is that I want to be able to tank them effectively so that I can be the crazy melee character I always have been and stand toe to toe while other players deal their damage as they desire.

B

Belmarduk

With player mod help, it will get to the point that the ONLY difference between KR and Legacy will be character models and evironmental (terrain) graphics. Modders have been able to convert the classic minimap into KR (I'm using it now) and one is working on a "classic" style UI that removes the bottom bar and looks mroe like the Legacy client (with the functional advances of KR to go with it).

But until we see another strong push at working on the KR client (like we saw last year at this time), we stil need both clients (though I think if people actually spent the time learning the new client and adding in the modders' work, they may be surprised).
Yep :bowdown:
Good work with transscript

What I cant understand is why it takes over a year to make a new client properly...
Eve has a new modern client since beginning of the year and except a few graphic glitches which were fixed in the NEXT patchthe new client runs perfectly - Also they made the "legacy" client (rewrote it)run on the code of the new one and NOT the otherway round....
Greetings Belmarduk

B

Belmarduk

- Not against the rules to "game" the 90 day decay Little sympathy for people who screw gaming the system up
Go on an enforce the 30 day rule then.... I dare you...

I make a careful estimate of about atleast another third of the accounts dropping permanentlythen....

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

With player mod help, it will get to the point that the ONLY difference between KR and Legacy will be character models and evironmental (terrain) graphics.

You highlighted this... go peek over on the KR forum real quick.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Cocoa Trees, 8 new seeds internally testing

Nice. :bored:

- OSI Owned houses are being identified and falling in batches as locations and received.

Good, we need the space. Not for more housing, but so that it doesn't look like New York for no reason.

- Malas area opened in an upcoming publish

Might help the same way the previous will, some people will go there to live, population spreading even more is good.

- Spring Cleaning turned off in August
- 2 weeks notice on turning off Spring Cleaning

About time. :sleep2:

- Account ages are weird, updates once per week, run by elderly asthmatic hamster

1-2 people have been active for 5+ years and still can't even ride Ethie horse in my guild. :p

- Jeremy asks for feedback on Factions, most info is off mic at the moment
- Beneficial acts in Fel had a bug
- Asking for help on updating the Factions Guide

Fix the bug, and as for Factions Feedback.. I can't say I enjoyed them any more than I did before. After a bit of time it gets old... Again. :sleep2:

- Asking for ideas to be sent in on making owning towns more valuable

Ok why do you keep asking? Pay us to give you our ideas, sorry. We tried sharing in the past and you slammed the door on our face and ignored us. :next:

- Dyable Monk's Robes not allowed because they are basically the same as GM/Counselor's/etc robes.
- Dyable hooded shrouds = dupers win

Change the Monk Robes graphics then. Dupers have already won one too many fights and will eventually win the war too. :next:

- Faction vendor pricing is interesting, but what use are the vendors lately anyway.

LOL. This speaks volumes but I'm leaving it at that. :next:

- Threads, Cloak, Daggers: Part of Draconi's secret plan. Scenario is not done yet

"Soon".

- "Dueling" guildstones for player run events being "passed on" to look in to

What's a Dueling Guildstone? Who's idea is this anyway, never heard of that on the Forums. Focus Group maybe?... :bored:

- Contact for clean up of EM content

Hmmmm...

- 90% of weapons are not viable, revamping of weapons being done internally, ",,cannot talk about,," but being looked in to
- Weapon balance tentative for within the next few publishes

Uhhhhhhh what re-balance? All that needs balancing regarding PvP is Potions, Poisoning, Dismount, Disarm, Moving Shot. Not the weapons themselves..
What's the idea here anyway!.. Rebalance as in NERFING (Weakening) weapons or making them stronger? Or generally tweaking? I doubt it's the 3rd solution, I somehow feel it will be nerfing. Bye bye melee.
At least pretend you're fair and re-work Wrestling and 2Handers too. :coco:

- More stable slots: Cannot promise, but "on the list"

Tamer luvin'... again.. :loser:

- Hand to hand combat: "I would LOVE to"

No please, not MORE before you FIX what's there. Maybe add it with the Gargoyles. In fact I don't really care, nevermind. It's Mage love to be honest, yeah allow them to now Mortal Wound someone with Wrestling. That's a good idea. NOT. :next:

- Male KR paperdoll "needs to be changed, no ETA"

"Soon" again. :next:

- Bounties: Cutting off heads and turning them in made parents go nuts

Yeah but it never was a Teen game. Restore the cutting of heads, restore the old Rating, admit you messed up in trying to lure more people and there you are. :next:

- Tinker's Runics: Maybe Tinker BODs, but nothing specific

Yeah save that for SA. Craftable Rings/Bracelets, thanks. More duped Runics on their way to be honest but too good to leave out of the game.

- HCI on shields: Noted for weapon rebalancing

I hope Weapon Rebalance will hit Archers too at least. How about MAGIC rebalance FIRST.. :thumbsup:

- Crafting hats with barbed kits: "We'd have to think about it"

Don't think too hard on such difficult to grasp plans... :coco:

- Controlling layering: going to be brought up to artists

Yeah, give us toggles so we can FINALLY have the Leather Tunics and Leather Sleeves show properly. After a decade and longer.... :bowdown:

- Togglable hood for robes: Good idea, no idea

Toggle to seathe weapon -no need for seathes just let characters carry them on their back a la WoW- and Show/Hide helmet then. :D

- Heartwood quests: Stupidly tedious, looking to revamp or change in some way, especially for runics

Hey that describes almost ALL UO QUESTS. Makes you wonder. :sleep2:

- Buglist in KR "frightening", asking for better interaction for bug fixing "...good idea, but runs into Volunteer problem..", limited bandwidth to fix

No need for better interaction. Just read what we're sending in. And fix it. WTF KIND OF RESPONSE IS "FRIGHTENING".. IT'S YOUR JOB. :talktothehand:

- Spring Cleaning Phase 3 is last phase

Thankfully!

- More cooking stuff maybe

Save for SA please. Give us recipes with it like for the other crafting skills.

- Tokuno Dyes: Good idea, people ask, something off mic "I cannot comment on that"

Probably about the files discovered in that patch, where people found some Metal Dye Tub art... No comment eh? Oh well, we waited 5+ years, we can wait more. :sleep2:

- AOS resists: Damage types Vs armor, not on the table

...Cuz it would mean Mages would have to learn new stuff and they can't be arsed? :next:

- Accounts "losing" expansion status: must research

"We will research SOON(TM)."?

- Speculation on dupe/exploits: "We like fire"

I hope you do. Because right now cheating is on fire literally in UO.
Abundant. I got speedhacking PvPers calling me a speedhacker because they cannot touch me in KR. It's really funny. :coco:

- Stygian Abyss: "Can't talk about it" "Very soon you might hear more" (wow... "soon" and "might" in the same sentence)

Which pretty much says it all, and I now take back all my suggestions for content to be released with SA. Release it all now because SA is NOT happening, is it? :sleep2:

- Oceans: #1 Request for expansions. Ship code would have to be reworked. Ships are houses that float.

#1? No in fact I want an expansion that for once helps melee characters out before they kick the bucket. Every single expansion is about Mana-driven Magical Abilities, requiring a Spellbook of some sort. And Lower Mana Cost to properly use. :next:

- Stables in houses: requested... "On a list somewhere"

Shouldn't you be more organised? And yeah we know it's requested, WE REQUESTED IT. So how about an ANSWER? :bored:

- Damage exceeding 35 "cap" in PvP: unanswered

OMG. Yeah go for rebalancing BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE PROBLEM.. :coco:

- KR Vs 2d: Something about speed, 2Ders whined about a speed fix for KR

WHAT SPEED FIX YOU APES? :coco: 2D'S SPEEDHACK NOT CUTTING IT AND YOU WHINE? MOVE TO KR. :next:

- Cannot speak much about KR right now, but they have a lot of focus group data

They should, I report various things DAILY. STILL... To no avail most likely.. :sleep2:

- Memory usage issues, lot of work needed for KR

Nooo.. Rly? You don't say..

- Player run servers and ideas: Tamer pets growing "cool idea, not on a schedule"

OMG CAN YOU ACTUALLY FIX SOMETHING AND STOP ADDING STUFF UNLESS IT'S KR PATCHES OR SA?

- PvP thieves: Aware of issues, not an easy fix

Isn't it your job? :next:

- Finishing the virtues: conceptual gaps

That too.. Isn't it? :next:

- Marketing doesn't have anything to market ATM

:sleep2:

- End of UO2d: 2d is not going away any time soon

Another sign SA won't be released?

- Question on Green Acres: Jeremy raced Wilki testing Speedhacking

Yeah. Fix Speedhack then we talk toning down KR speed okay? :talktothehand:

- Vet rewards: Cannot comment, haven't forgotten

Lo and behold, here then is born another reply to aid us in our quest for clear answers. After "Soon" and "On The Radar" we now have "On a list somewhere". :next:

- Revamping Detectives: Nothing at the moment

Why do you wanna do that? :next:

- Hacking protection: VERY big issue, Jeremy hacked on a different game via Flash Banner Keylogger

Hehehe.. Give us CHEAT protection first! :bowdown:

- When will KR get some love: Missing art: Have to harrass GrimmOmen

HIS JOB. NOT HARASSMENT....?! :coco:

- High end runics popping up:... FIRE!

With the weapon rebalance? Dupes will sky-rocket with people who will be changing weapons. Please, RECONSIDER this balance of weapons.

- Pandas: "I'll send that to art" Partially hued polar bear?

WTF. :sleep2:

- Powerscrolls: For some skills not for others: No content above 100 for some skills. Skills would have to be rescaled.

............. :bored:

- Balancing Animal Damage: Different balancing pass than weapons, on the list (Specifically greater dragons)

So they are saying.. "We'll **** warriors up with a Nerfing Giant Stick and the rest will continue to rock for another 10 years when the next balance publish will be out. Because there are not enough warriors left anyway."

- Instant GMs with items, Vamp Form Bushidos working around skill cap: Needs a HARD look, Vamp Form needs a HARDER LOOK and a "..kick in the nutz."

Lots of gimplates need A REAL HARD LOOK AND A REALLY HARDER KICK IN THE NUTZ. Especially in PvP. When is all this happening, 2142? No pun intended. :next:

- Something about jewel-encrusted stuff: "That's a good idea"

......For SA. Oh sorry, we're not getting it. I keep forgetting.

- Commodity Deeds: redeem in houses: YES!!!! MUCH APPLAUSE!!!

We deserve Top Quality additions, fixes and systems. They wait 10 years during which we learn to live with cram and left-overs at which point they announce a small little change and we go "YAY" like good little paying customers. :coco:

Actively developing!

Wait. They ARE DEVELOPING!!!?? Like... DOING THEIR JOB? That's... That's... Oh wait. See above. :loser:

- Stacking: "We want more things to stack"

:bowdown:

- Player townstones: really cool but long Dev time

For the 1000th time.. YOUR JOB. AS A DEV. :next:

- Moongates to other shards: "I can see the dupes now"

So dupes ARE about X-Transfer..

- Lots of Stratics questions phrased very negatively

The time to be well-mannered about some things has passed. You need to fix the game and answer stuff CLEARLY. :talktothehand:

- Lots of off mic, can't talk about the good stuff, presentation nixed

What good stuff is there left to hope FOR? :sleep2:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO doesn't have class based game play. I wish players and some of the newer devs would rember that.

This is a game about characters. There are different skills you can take, but not classes.
I know. By class I meant the general samurai vampire.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I WANT a tank-melee character.

Indeed. Melle'ers SHOULD be tanks. But removing sampires will just make more people quit UO...or quit playing their melle'ers moreso. Look around. Who uses dexxers for peerless? Its 90% tamers and mages...and archers. RARELY will you see a swordsman/fencer/macer go in to a peerless. Unless of course they are sampire.

This is stupid. If they do away with sampires, they NEED to redo melee altogether. Bring them up to par with people who use 900 HP meatshields or do crazy amounts of damage from a distance (archers). Melee'ers are simply fun to play and its a shame they are not more respected with regards to game rules.

MAKE DEXXERS TANKS!

R

Revenant2

Can you please post how they have nerfed it? I don't recall any changes to diminish the power of Vampric Embrace. I also searched the patch notes and found nothing about changes to the spell which make it less powerful.

My understanding is this, from reading the accounts of the people who were there at the time.

They made it so that while in form, you couldn't cast spells and have garlic in your pack being used as a reagent, you would take damage if you did. At first it was just people casting from reagents but then they made it apply to people casting from LRC and arcane gems too. This destroyed Vamp form Mage templates because they couldn't heal or cure without half killing themselves.

They also made it so that Vamp form chars would take damage upon drinking a cure pot, and then, they made it so that it was impossible to drink a cure pot at all. This made Vamp form dangerously suceptable to lethal poison. The issues this caused pushed it into practical use where the template would either carry enough healing and anatomy to cure lethal or was leeching so much life back in PVM that the poison didn't matter (and/or used chiv to cure and ran high karma).

The nerf in this case wasn't changing the positive attributes, it was them adding the negative stuff that ruined Vamp for many template types and pushed it into niche uses.

Its like a bad joke. Vamp form is presented like it's some great top-of-the-line form for necromancers if you read the notes about it, but in reality, to use it to good effect takes a template that supports itself better than a real Necromancer one can.

And some people blame us for using it this way, like we are cheating and bypassing skillcaps or somesh*t. It's actually nothing like that at all; what we are doing represents one of the few realistic uses of the thing.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And some people blame us for using it this way, like we are cheating and bypassing skillcaps or somesh*t. It's actually nothing like that at all; what we are doing represents one of the few realistic uses of the thing.

QFT

I don't know how many more damn dexxer nerfs I can stand. In years past, tamers get super love and dexxers get nerfed. They have always favored tamers in UO. Look around. My 11 years in game has seen it. There is a reason most people are on freakin tamers. There is a reason I've made 2 of them myself. Tamers are easy mode and dexxers are where the real fun is at. But making it harder and harder to compete by nerf after nerf gets real old real fast. Archers got quivers. Melee got no sheath's. Archers got balance bows. Melee...NOT. Tamers got 900 HP. Melee ....NO

Either leave sampires alone or give melee templates some damn love finally.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Dermott for the transcription (even with the 2D jabs thrown in.) Too bad an unbiased person could not have reported.

R

Revenant2

Archers got quivers. Melee got no sheath's. Archers got balance bows. Melee...NOT. Tamers got 900 HP. Melee ....NO

Don't forget how mages got LRC but we dexers did not get LBC (lower bandie cost). Mages rez up in the middle of nowhere and will be able to use all their skills as normal as soon as their mana is back, but our 200+ skill points invested in Healing and Anatomy did not justify a blessed or insurable bandie pack. We instead got a stinking Talisman of Clean Bandage Summoning that gives 10 backwards-facing bandies that the UO client cannot even use in the bandageself macro because it does not recognize the item as a bandage.

L

love2winalot

EA: "OK everyone listen up, we are going to schedule a town meeting in Ca, and at the same time we will send Draconi to Japan, so that way we can not have to answer anything, we just say it is Draconis project."

So, i asked before, what was the purpose of this town meeting? What did we learn that we could not have learned here, or on a FoF? NOTHING.

Oh, there was one response that i think flew under the radar, "Marketing has nothing to market at the moment". So much for the current event leading up to the launch of SA..........

Wait, maybe i am wrong.........Maybe this is why each stage of the event just drags on an on an on, they are streatching it out as long as possible so it will end with the SA launch, and marketing will have something to do after all....:next:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My understanding is this, from reading the accounts of the people who were there at the time.

They made it so that while in form, you couldn't cast spells and have garlic in your pack being used as a reagent, you would take damage if you did. At first it was just people casting from reagents but then they made it apply to people casting from LRC and arcane gems too. This destroyed Vamp form Mage templates because they couldn't heal or cure without half killing themselves.
The spell details have always said that garlic based spells cause damage. Using LRC to avoid this damage was a bug. So the spell was never nerfed in this regard.

I will ask someone to test cure potions tomorrow.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but not having garlic on your person will nullify that. 100% LRC is exempt from the restriction because....wait for it...no garlic.

Another example of the jealous people crying.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take: Sounds like fun, but they should save the Town Hall Meetings for when there is something of substance to discuss.....Indeed, preferably, when there is something particular to promote.

This material belongs, I argue, on the boards.

-Galen's player

R

Revenant2

The spell details have always said that garlic based spells cause damage. Using LRC to avoid this damage was a bug. So the spell was never nerfed in this regard.

I will ask someone to test cure potions tomorrow.
I can't picture how that one woulda made it through QA if you know what I mean? LRC is so common and stuff. It's possible that their interpretation of 'garlic' may have been literal in the beginning, with the sense that reagent-carrying mages were maybe stronger, and then they changed it to anything remotely resembling garlic later when that didn't work out as expected. It could have been just as you say, though.

Cure potions, I've already checked for sure, you double click one and you get a message that "surely the garlic in this would kill you" or something like that, and it won't let you drink it when trying repeatedly. .... but heck, if you find a way let me know! ehhhh.

R

Revenant2

but not having garlic on your person will nullify that. 100% LRC is exempt from the restriction because....wait for it...no garlic.
At first it was like that then they changed it. Reagents, LRC, arcane, it all causes garlic damage now. The "essance" of garlic or whatever.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget how mages got LRC but we dexers did not get LBC (lower bandie cost). Mages rez up in the middle of nowhere and will be able to use all their skills as normal as soon as their mana is back, but our 200+ skill points invested in Healing and Anatomy did not justify a blessed or insurable bandie pack. We instead got a stinking Talisman of Clean Bandage Summoning that gives 10 backwards-facing bandies that the UO client cannot even use in the bandageself macro because it does not recognize the item as a bandage.
Revenant2:

Apparently you do not know that the reversed bandage Bandage talisman is fairly rare, and that most bandage talismans give normal bandages...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so, about the whole Hooded Shroud looking like a GM robe thing...

1st, GMs are rarely seen as it is. 2nd, the two don't look a bloody thing alike -- GM robes have gold fringe/belts on them, and are quite noticeably different. 3rd, no one can make a name that starts with GM, EA, or OSI as far as I'm aware, so, uh, it's not like that would be an issue. 4th, GMs, when they make themselves visible, usually do all kinds of silly stuff that makes people laugh.

Yes, hooded robe and hooded shrouds would be "less rare," but, uh, honestly, the elven robes are NOT an alternative to cool hooded robes that HUMANS should be able to wear.

Good grief.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!! Finally back from the trenches in San Diego!!

Dermott did a fantastic job with the transscripts. When I am a bit better rested, I will expand on his transcripts. Many of you have the wrong idea about some of the things that were said. Having seen and talked too both Jeremy and Patrick (Great People BTW), there were facial expressions and comments made aside that probably did not come through on the WRR broadcast (Thanks WRR). Anyway this is one very tired Oriana saying, Patience is a virtue and.......We like Fire!!!!

Ori

C

Connor_Graham

QFT

I don't know how many more damn dexxer nerfs I can stand. In years past, tamers get super love and dexxers get nerfed. They have always favored tamers in UO. Look around. My 11 years in game has seen it. There is a reason most people are on freakin tamers. There is a reason I've made 2 of them myself. Tamers are easy mode and dexxers are where the real fun is at. But making it harder and harder to compete by nerf after nerf gets real old real fast. Archers got quivers. Melee got no sheath's. Archers got balance bows. Melee...NOT. Tamers got 900 HP. Melee ....NO

QFT

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah.. Dermott, at least one of you list isn't explained very well:

"- KR vs 2d: something about speed, 2ders whined about a speed fix for KR"

Basically, the devs said they know how well KR runs is still an issue, and they implemented half of the fix for that into the client, but it made people in 2D rubberband madly and people complained (im sure most of you can remember the exact patch), so they removed it. In other words, the 2D client is keeping KR from being able to run well. Funny when they say exactly what we say.

F

Flora Green

Thanks for clarifying the KR vs 2d thing, Crysta. At least we know now what the 2ders were "whining" about.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It WAS whining. And I never said I didn't like 2D, either.

F

Flora Green

So, I looked back over the notes and a few jumped out at me.

Will we ever be able to get more Tokuno dyes with the brighter colors and/or more charges. --Good idea, didn't really confirm anything.
How hard is this? They were in game already and for sale on UOJapan's site. Considering how much EA loves to get our RL money, these should be a no brainer for the UO store.

How do you get 9th Anniversary boxes? --It was intended to be a limited release. Have discussed other ways to get that so you can get the housing tiles. A player mentioned that some gaming stores have it but it's often in the back and is referred to as "Ultima Online 9th Collection."
Why were the tiles part of the limited edition in the first place??

Will you add back the ability to choose your starting town when making a character? Not in the near future.
Why not? It's not a big deal, but it's an annoyance.

Can salvage bag be updated to accommodate recycling wooden and tinkered items? --Good idea, but not coming soon.
Too hard to do right in the first place?

What's up with the stuff mentioned about items for weddings? --They announced a system at the May townhall, but it was pushed back by some of the other publishes. No promises, probably was announced too early.
UO weddings were mentioned/planned YEARS ago. :loser:

This is my favorite. '

Why can't we have more than one house per account on separate shards? --It's to prevent people from taking up all the real estate.
So, I can own ten houses on ten shards as long as I pay you ten times. I can own ten houses, on the SAME shard as long as I pay you ten times. It's not about about the land, it's about the money. How stupid do you think we are? UO doesn't have a housing issue as it once did with possible exception being a highly populated (for these days) shard. And considering I can find reasonably sized spots on Atlantic and 18x18's on Chesapeake, is this REALLY an issue?

F

Flora Green

Crysta,

I think you misunderstand, I was truly thanking you for clarifying that as I had no idea what it was about. The whining I alluded to was in regards to what was initially posted, not a jab at you whatsoever. Sorry for any confusion.