• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Hall Meeting 1/14/2017 2 PM Eastern

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thank you all for the continued support and thoughtful discussions. I am reading them all whether they be on Stratics or The White Council Forums. Both forums are available to those that follow rules of conduct when posting. I believe you can read the Public Forums of either without signing in as a user.

I want to meet at the Public Gardens of Magincia. It is a fitting place for such a gathering and the Seat of the Governor with the longest tenure, Morgan Ironfist. The list of house owners is like a who's who of the Shard.

Topics of discussion will include:
  • Make up of the Siege Community Council
  • Mission of the Siege Community Council
  • Venues for future meetings
  • Open discussion to include preliminary rules of procedure
Remember, nothing is set in stone and this can be a lot of fun.

On the make up of the Council, I like the idea of the sitting Governors automatically having a place. I propose the recognized towns have a place on the council chosen as each community wishes. Gilfane and Safe Haven are considered to be recognized townships.

Perhaps an "at large" member if anyone could garner the popular support.

In my opinion, I would like to start small. All of the Council seats have been decided. Gilfane and Safe Haven must decide who represents them for now. The Governors will change every six months.

On mission, I believe we have much to discuss. Event support has been a popular topic.

On venues, I believe a centralized and secure meeting place is in order. People put a lot of effort into events like this. Disruption for the sake of ruining an event should not be tolerated. There could be opportunities to have meetings elsewhere.

Open discussion should begin with thoughts on procedural rules. Boring stuff I know. Let's keep it simple.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will be out of town that day but am looking forward to read what you all have decided so far when I get home.
I hope many will show up and that the meeting will be productive.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all for the continued support and thoughtful discussions. I am reading them all whether they be on Stratics or The White Council Forums. Both forums are available to those that follow rules of conduct when posting. I believe you can read the Public Forums of either without signing in as a user.

I want to meet at the Public Gardens of Magincia. It is a fitting place for such a gathering and the Seat of the Governor with the longest tenure, Morgan Ironfist. The list of house owners is like a who's who of the Shard.

Topics of discussion will include:
  • Make up of the Siege Community Council
  • Mission of the Siege Community Council
  • Venues for future meetings
  • Open discussion to include preliminary rules of procedure
Remember, nothing is set in stone and this can be a lot of fun.

On the make up of the Council, I like the idea of the sitting Governors automatically having a place. I propose the recognized towns have a place on the council chosen as each community wishes. Gilfane and Safe Haven are considered to be recognized townships.

Perhaps an "at large" member if anyone could garner the popular support.

In my opinion, I would like to start small. All of the Council seats have been decided. Gilfane and Safe Haven must decide who represents them for now. The Governors will change every six months.

On mission, I believe we have much to discuss. Event support has been a popular topic.

On venues, I believe a centralized and secure meeting place is in order. People put a lot of effort into events like this. Disruption for the sake of ruining an event should not be tolerated. There could be opportunities to have meetings elsewhere.

Open discussion should begin with thoughts on procedural rules. Boring stuff I know. Let's keep it simple.
Is there another place we could hold this meeting somewhere else I'm really allergic to flowers?

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are the current seat members and what guilds/alliances do they come from?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will be there for Safe Haven this time, I just started a new SH Election so who it will be in the future, I can't tell. I hope it still will be me, but it is the City's choice.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the idea of a siege council, I'm just trying to understand more about it.
Also would like to understand how the council is being picked.
I'm wondering are my opinions gonna matter or even be heard by the council?
My game-style is most likely different from some of those on the council so are they gonna represent my needs or concerns too?

I have a few concerns that i would like to address concerning the Council but im not sure who to talk to, so who is in charge?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Kelmo is in charge, the setup is not done yet, the meeting is about how to make it work, so please join the debat here and at the in game meeting.
I personly wish it to be shard wide with room for groups with different playstyle.