• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

town crier is missing.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went to brit tram and the town crier is nowhere to be found?Kinda funny that Lake Austin doenst have a posted schedule and they tell us if the schedule doesn't include your shard to check the town crier in britain tram.Well hoiw the hell can we ask someone that isn't even there?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I found him earlier and all he said was hail to the new king. Then he disappeared. Kali found him later and he told her the king will appear tomorrow (sunday) at 5:30 pm pst. Now he is gone again. I wonder if Sherry the mouse has him tied up so the new king won't get a chance to corrupt us.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to picket the new "king" and laugh at his supposed "martial law",Hey I spent 3 and half years in the US air force and I will not stand to live under a dicatatorship in real life or a virtual one.

So I guess I will get my chance at 5:30 tommorow.
Thanks for the reply.

PS. I really wont spam anytihng I will listen intently(sp?) though.

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st... and to keep on topic, I am also rather upset about not really getting any info on this event. Why are we so late in this? When are we getting it or info of it? Who is the 3rd King of Spain? Where is the planet Pluto? lol you get the idea... I actually don't expect much of anything from the game last few years. Just look at our 11th Anniversary... its been said so many times its disgusting yet still there is no concrete info other than the fact that Asian Shards got them even though they are not even 11 years aged!! They didn't even exist then!

Now off topic regarding some comments by Raider Red that have me a little irritated. So skip reading this right here if you could care less!

I just want to picket the new "king" and laugh at his supposed "martial law",Hey I spent 3 and half years in the US air force and I will not stand to live under a dicatatorship in real life or a virtual one.
Martial Law, while yes would be a horrible experience (if it were declared for some reason or another) is designed to instill stability into a Country that otherwise would statistically become unstable and likely not exist very long.

3.5 years in the US Air Force? That's not a normal tour length. Why may I ask did you do 3.5 years when contracts are not hashed out in 1/2 year increments? I won't judge you, even though I REALLY REALLY am thinking I may want to, but something smells. I for one, if ordered by my Commander in Chief, will answer without hesitation.

I have served our Country for 9.5 years roughly so far and will be going for my 20yr Letter, and I am rather disgusted that you would use the US Air Force in your argument... oops I think I started to judge you already...pft.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He could have been a 3-year enlisted maintenance person who got stop-lossed until his unit returned from deployment.

Or, he could have been in an accident that got him a medical.

I'm more inclined to believe him about his service, than you about yours, because of your quick pre-judgement.

Oh, and Martial Law can always be used for non-good purposes. Examples abound in the Third World.

I guess you could use your definition "designed to instill stability into a Country that otherwise would statistically become unstable and likely not exist very long" to also apply to a dictator (especially one that siezed power via a coup de etat) trying to stifle popular uprising to restore the rightful government, after all. After all, if the people do rise up, the country's "order" (as defined by the usurper) will fall....

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He could have been a 3-year enlisted maintenance person who got stop-lossed until his unit returned from deployment.

Or, he could have been in an accident that got him a medical.

I'm more inclined to believe him about his service, than you about yours, because of your quick pre-judgement.
Actually Basara, you are overreacting to my inquiry on his service. What I smell as fishy is the fact that he states he would "not stand to live under a dictatorship in real life" in the same instance as he refers to his service. Thus I concluded that he basically just stated that even when he was in the Air Force he would not have supported living under such condition. I have bumped into soldiers like this and it disgusts me. Now if he refers to a Dictatorship only and not the Martial Law bit, I agree... but that's not specified rather it is used in this case as if the two are the same. They are FAR from the same. One (Martial Law) has a purpose to correct a situation otherwise uncorrectable (in our Gov. Officials opinions, whom we ELECT and can IMPEACH)... the other is just the opposite (Dictatorship) think Cuba and Castro (Corruption designed to earn gains ONLY for those in power). Large difference between the two. And don't even get me started on the point that while this person was in the Air Force, I now question would they have said "Oh no... I don't support Martial Law" and sit back and disobey his orders? I'm sorry but you swear an oath when you join and I read that statement of his to reflect the opposite values of those we had pounded in our heads going through Army Basic.

I did NOT accuse him of falsifying his service... I DO however question his comments. Now Basara, if you need proof of my service, I'll send you photos of my last tour out of the US if you would like. I will not post pics online but if you must see for yourself as you seem to think that I am falsifying MY service to our Country, ask and I'll send them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate to break it to you, but most dictatorships START as a "Martial Law" condition that becomes permanent by the choice of the leadership - or is declared whenever there is any attempt by the people to rise up against an oppressor (and in some cases, to stop or rig elections). From the last 20 years, look at incidents in Myanmar, the PRC, any number of African nations, Venezuela, etc.

It's typically only in the US, Canada and some of the Asian & European countries (ones with functional democracies) where Martial Law ISN'T abused in this manner. Don't confuse how WE use the Term "Martial Law" with how tyrannical governments misuse it.