• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Tournament Pairings

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The bracket is set and here's the pairings for the tournament for March 17th. I ask that each contestant to be at the Occlo Arena 30 minutes before the start to check in. All citizens are invited to attend this,and I hope you do. This arena is in a GZ so no shenanigans.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is it me or some have to win 4 fights , and some others must only win 3 fights to be champion? hrm

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
is it me or some have to win 4 fights , and some others must only win 3 fights to be champion? hrm
With it being a ten-man tournament,there's not much I could do to make it even.I basically had two choices. Set it up like I did,or give two players a bye in the first round which would have meant they would have won at least 1 million gold even before they stepped into the arena.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am ok thanks :p one more fight isnt a nightmare but if you insist sure i can take your place

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you both want to switch,I don't see a problem with the change,I guess. I just don't want to have to keep rearranging the pairings is all.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I sent you an ICQ Dag, but like I said in the messages - I don't care who I fight. I just want the fights to be fair-ish and fun for everyone.

Quick is an old Fel PvPer - correct me if I'm wrong. Chris and I are as well. I'd personally like to fight them if we could arrange the brackets that way.

I don't mean to cause you a PITA, just looking for the most entertaining evening for everyone :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I sent you an ICQ Dag, but like I said in the messages - I don't care who I fight. I just want the fights to be fair-ish and fun for everyone.

Quick is an old Fel PvPer - correct me if I'm wrong. Chris and I are as well. I'd personally like to fight them if we could arrange the brackets that way.

I don't mean to cause you a PITA, just looking for the most entertaining evening for everyone :)
I don't know if picking your opponents is such a great idea. Shouldn't it be more "drawn from a hat" random?

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I could see how it could be seen that way.

I'm just attempting to make it fair for the participants. I'm fairly familiar with every name on that list outside of Quickblades.. but now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Quickblade took first place at that EM hosted PvP Tournament about 8 years ago... - again, correct me if I'm wrong. I only remember that because I took second.

So I'm just trying to match myself up with equal to or greater caliber characters than myself - not knocking anyone, I just know how far progressed some of the characters on this list are as more than half of them are RP toons.

But most of the people signed up just want to see the event go well and I am amongst them. So I'll fight whomever Dag chooses to toss in the arena with me.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All my chars are :p

But, 120 doesnt always make someone good :) I fight for fun

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I concur. Fun is the only reason to play a video game in my opinion. If I didn't enjoy my time online, I would quit.

Being good at the game is just a plus ;)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably wont be of much competition, but wanted to participate and do my best. I'll be entering on "Ultrakill" most likely, as Smoots skills are almost there but not quite up to a full template.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, my own skills are far from finished, but I held my own against one of Va'lis' characters! At least until he remembered that he had that bloody warfork.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Verily, I love the weapon of my choosing. That most trusty fork of war.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I paid Scarst well to fight in the tourney.

Looking forward to watching this event.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll wait for the next one, that way you don't have to mess with brackets and I don't have to remember to show up haha.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*volunteers flutter to fight scarst"
I honestly would but between the surgery and the medication post-surgery my reaction time is slow motion. That and the fact that I haven't logged on my PvP mage in so long I don't even know my macros or what she's wearing. I'd embarrass myself.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
After thinking about changing the pairings as has been suggested,I am leaving the pairings the way it is now. If you are correct,Dantes,you'll end up facing Chris and/or Quickblade anyway. It'll be in the semifinals and finals instead of the first round.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I do plan on attending, please keep in mind:
1. It's my birthday, I may be kidnapped by friends or only be half available because friends will be HERE watching you all.
2. EM Barnaby has an event at 7pm that I feel I should attend as sworn RBG and Governor of Skara.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First I want to thank everyone that came out to the tournament. It was very entertaining and all the combatants put on an excellent show for all of us. Below is the results of tonight's tournament.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
That definitely wasn't the same "Quickblade" from 06.

I dunno why you put on such a front Ludes, like you don't PvP, nor why you have like 19 different Stratics names, but whatever lol.

Had fun fighting players - could do without the magical dragons.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That definitely wasn't the same "Quickblade" from 06.

I dunno why you put on such a front Ludes, like you don't PvP, nor why you have like 19 different Stratics names, but whatever lol.

Had fun fighting players - could do without the magical dragons.
Huh?

Lol.. no my friend.. I assure you there is only one me.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you against for hosting the tournament Dag. Next time I'm determined to make it past the first round!

Though, it was a good fight and an honour to lose to Dantes. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Dag Nabbit! i was glad i could participate, got excited when i almost killed my opponent at the start, but alas ran out of mana and met my fate. Hopefully by the next tournament ill have a better pvp character. something to work towards :)

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I will be limiting the available control slots for the next tournament. Possible that I will not allow pets,summons,or winged cats, :D into the battles. I'll have to think on it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All i have to say is LOL! Ten person tourney with pets and vollems allowed. hahahaha, only on catskills. Have fun with that, I am no longer a catskillian!