• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Total Health Bar Limitation Stifles Large Group Play

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an issue which has been around for years and years but I think it is time to try and bring it to the attention of the developers. There is currently a hard limit on the number of health bars you can have open of 10. This includes health bars for allies, enemy players, monsters and pets. If you are a tamer with 2-3 pets, you only can have up 7-8 bars. if you are in a group with 5 people, that is 5 bars taken. If you are a tamer with 2-3 pets in a group with 5 players, you only have a couple slots left!

The only way around this is to be in a party. Then you can double the total. But every time someone joins/leaves/etc a party the bars jump all over the place. This prevents you from using it. Even if you are very careful and decide not to add more people, if someone gets a client crash the bars freak out when they log back in.

In other MMOs you see the health of every person on the screen, which sometimes can be in the hundreds. I don't see why the cap could not be raised to 20 or perhaps 30. It shouldn't cause that much of a performance hit, be a rather easy change than fixing the party system (perhaps as simple as a single number or perhaps not) and be a big help to players who adventure with a sizable group of players. Plus with the upcoming expansion they said epic encounters will require ~10 players to do. How are you going to have the bar up for the champion when you have all your allies and pets?

This is especially relevant in Factions play.

P

Paradox_

Signed.

Definately been a hate of mine. I honestly dont see why it couldnt be increased, or guild/allied faction members dont count towards the total.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
/sign

Especially on shards where the zerg guild outnumbers your own guild 10-1 ;P

S

Sir Kenga

I just hate when health bars jump on my screen when someone joins party...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently learned that you can move a bar by itself (i.e., without dragging along any other bars it has stuck to) if you hold down the Alt key while dragging it. May take two tries to get it to work, but it does work eventually and it helps somewhat to straighten out the tangled mess they sometimes turn into with folks and pets leaving, joining, etc.

Sure wish I'd known that little tidbit of information a long time ago!

I agree we need to be able to display a lot more status bars. It is very annoying to have them pop off the screen if you add new ones without realizing you've reached the max.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had the party bar problem in a long time.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party bars will jump if you put them in the black area. You can only keep the stationary by leaving them in the play window.
I never connect them, I leave them just a little bit apart in the black area. Never had an issue since I started doing that.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either you are using Kingdom Reborn or there is something else. This is a well documented issue and it can no be worked around. Keeping the bars separate does not prevent it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Connect your party bars vertically and they wont move.

S

Sid Vacuous

/signed

It's borderline criminal that the party system has also been allowed to be so heavily bugged for so long.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not just the party system but like the OP says pulling bars only to have that stupid "you have too many non party status bars" is just a pita. It's hard when someone calls target only to not have that bar on your screen b/c you only have 10 others pulled.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was playing around with a party tonight and it seems they snuck in a fix some time ago. The bars don't jump around like they used to but they still do sometimes and it still wrecks everything. It just doesn't happen every time someone joins a party now.