• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tonights HoC Response

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sorry but whenever I spoke up for people that were afraid to speak up about events, the EMs had no problem jumping down my throat and say "Who?" "Give us names" and no one had any problem when it was bash on Gareth/Merik.

But when I want to know what towns don't care about being a town and just want the items. I get my butt flamed. I am sorry but its comments like that that are just destructive and FYI they just make you look worse. Also after seeing the comment "how many more towns populated with alts and scriptors?" after EM Dudley left the summit chambers just ticks me off.

To be honest I care most about the people in the towns and guilds I am apart of, allied too or friends with. The people that matter to me know what I do, why I do it and that I will help them in any way possible, they know what I am about.

That being said the only townships I can think of that are "Some towns only wants items" since this is not about me so ill assume its not about an Imperium town or a USA alliance town is Cimmerians Pass, Zedland, Colt, Action, Templar. And why am I listing these town names? Because I know not many have gone out to actually get to know the people in these towns. Really gone that extra mile to try and help the leaders and citizens of these towns. Just to chit chat or toss around some ideas. Honestly the people that lead these towns and the people that inhabit them are some of the most kind, helpful, community driven and imaginative people I have met in UO. And NO ONE is giving them a chance.

The only thing going on is town bashing and "We need to get rid of some of these towns." Why doesn't everyone try to get to know these people? and not just try to assimilate the townships? or disassemble them?

Ps. Instead of sending messages asking where is your allegiance? Then just ignoring them once they say were part of the Imperium, you actually get to know those people too. Everyone talks about shard unity and working together but its funny how fast communication is cut once you say Imperium and FYI that just makes me work TWENTY times harder on building the community.

~Gareth (Just my own opinion)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but whenever I spoke up for people that were afraid to speak up about events, the EMs had no problem jumping down my throat and say "Who?" "Give us names" and no one had any problem when it was bash on Gareth/Merik.
Thats part of speaking up for people too scared of those who they are complaining about to do it themselves. They will rant and complain to you quite vocally, and even threaten you, but quiver in fear of those they are actually angry at and hide in the corners and give you no support while you try and fight their battles. I spent better than ten years working for a Union and that was a normal thing. Those with the guts to fight, fight for those who don't have the guts to fight for themselves.

But when I want to know what towns don't care about being a town and just want the items. I get my butt flamed. I am sorry but its comments like that that are just destructive and FYI they just make you look worse. Also after seeing the comment "how many more towns populated with alts and scriptors?" after EM Dudley left the summit chambers just ticks me off.
Scriptors are the current evil bogeyman. The angry players need someone to blame their frustration on, so it's The Scriptors!! After all, everyone but them and their buddies are probably scriptors & the other vile nameless scum just out of sight in the shadows. rolleyes:

To be honest I care most about the people in the towns and guilds I am apart of, allied too or friends with. The people that matter to me know what I do, why I do it and that I will help them in any way possible, they know what I am about.
And hopefully they stand with you. Not safely out of sight way behind you

... Because I know not many have gone out to actually get to know the people in these towns. Really gone that extra mile to try and help the leaders and citizens of these towns. Just to chit chat or toss around some ideas. Honestly the people that lead these towns and the people that inhabit them are some of the most kind, helpful, community driven and imaginative people I have met in UO. And NO ONE is giving them a chance.
There is little community in UO these days. Too few Players and far less roleplaying. Players need to speak of their in game village or town as if it were real to their characters, not just some part of a game world. The things they do in game should be spoken as if seen from their characters viewpoint, not theirs from RL. Players need to play the role of their characters, not just play their tamer or Crafter.

The only thing going on is town bashing and "We need to get rid of some of these towns." Why doesn't everyone try to get to know these people? and not just try to assimilate the townships? or disassemble them?
People need someone to blame the wrongs of the world on. The other guy is just unknown and convienent. Can't blame their own lack of effort to change things after all.

Ps. Instead of sending messages asking where is your allegiance? Then just ignoring them once they say were part of the Imperium, you actually get to know those people too. Everyone talks about shard unity and working together but its funny how fast communication is cut once you say Imperium and FYI that just makes me work TWENTY times harder on building the community.

This is something the EMs should be doing with their events. Instead of challenging monsters or stressful intense play of some sort, they need to plan some low key ongoing events that inspire, not require, working together. EA needs to bring in a few sales & public relations people to help the EMs come up with events that inspire community, not competition.

N

Nastia Cross

Unfortunately I did not attend the HoC meeting last night but I understand what Gareth is trying to say.

I was at the Township Meeting when that comment "how many more towns populated with alts and scriptors?" was made and I saw who the person was facing when it was said.

As a member of a newly recognized township, this comment certainly upset me. I've been playing this game off and on for about 8 years now and I guess I expected more of a civilized community among the role players of Chesapeake. I've had contact with almost every township and associated guild over the past few years and with the decrease in participation, especially when it comes to RP, I guess I expected everyone to be much more welcoming and happy to have new members.

I understand that people have misgivings about new townships, our group in particular seeing as we are comprised of primarily pvpers and our township is in Felucca, but maybe everyone should try to get to know new people and see what else they bring to the table. The members of the Citadel are very excited to be recognized by the Crown and have alot of exciting ideas for events and activities that we'd like all the townships to participate in. We're most certainly open to assisting any township (or any citizen of the realm for that matter) in achieving their endeavors. Alot of us have fond memories of days past and are hoping to bring some of that back. We entreat all of you to keep an open mind to new people and ideas.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That being said the only townships I can think of that are "Some towns only wants items" since this is not about me so ill assume its not about an Imperium town or a USA alliance town is Cimmerians Pass, Zedland, Colt, Action, Templar. And why am I listing these town names? Because I know not many have gone out to actually get to know the people in these towns. Really gone that extra mile to try and help the leaders and citizens of these towns. Just to chit chat or toss around some ideas. Honestly the people that lead these towns and the people that inhabit them are some of the most kind, helpful, community driven and imaginative people I have met in UO. And NO ONE is giving them a chance.

Gareth, I'm not sure exactly what you are implying here, but when you were asked to provide information as to who was submitting the questions it is merely because we do not respond to anonymous inflammatory comments. If someone has something to say, they can ask the question publicly, post it on the bulletin board if they cannot attend, or even E-mail one of us privately.

If you are referring to the line of questioning started last night by Winfield and the subsequent remarks directed at you, I stopped it immediately and we moved on, because as I always mention, Cross-Talking is against the Rules of the House.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth, I'm not sure exactly what you are implying here, but when you were asked to provide information as to who was submitting the questions it is merely because we do not respond to anonymous inflammatory comments. If someone has something to say, they can ask the question publicly, post it on the bulletin board if they cannot attend, or even E-mail one of us privately.

If you are referring to the line of questioning started last night by Winfield and the subsequent remarks directed at you, I stopped it immediately and we moved on, because as I always mention, Cross-Talking is against the Rules of the House.
You are all set Dudley and my wording in the first paragraph was NOT worded well. Funny thing is I just got done reminding someone of "Its not what you say but how you say it". Which in this case "Its not what you type but how you type it".