• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tomahawk Steak Recipe Scroll not a Recipe

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to put a Tomahawk Steak Recipe into a Recipe book and it won’t go into the book. I get the message, “That is not a recipe”. Is this working as intended?

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a Kotl Black Rod recipe that gave that bug even though other copies were fine. They probably need to update something on the recipe or book, so might be worth reporting the bug. Won't fix your copy though sadly.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cant remember off the top of my head but there are a few other recipes that wont go in the book either. If memory serves correct the recipe book has a preset list of recipes so the Dev team might have overlooked that and forgot to add the row for Tomahawk Steak to the recipe book. Sadly, I'd expect nothing less from the caliber of QA that Misk provides; just be happy it's spelled correctly. :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i reported that on the official forums on Dec 11th
so they are aware of the issue already
Unfortunately this also doesn't surprise me. The bug is reported and nothing has been done; not even an update like "looking into this".

If I were a gambling man, I'd put my money on nothing being said about this until pressed during a M&G at which they would say "This is working as expected". :(

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hovering Wisp (or whatever it is) wont go in the book either
Hang onto that Hovering Wisp recipe as it is now a rarity. As of December 2018:

• The Hovering Wisp no longer requires a recipe to craft, and recipes are no longer available as Heartwood Quest rewards. This corrects an issue where multiple items had the same recipe ID and caused issues with the new recipe book.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hang onto that Hovering Wisp recipe as it is now a rarity. As of December 2018:

• The Hovering Wisp no longer requires a recipe to craft, and recipes are no longer available as Heartwood Quest rewards. This corrects an issue where multiple items had the same recipe ID and caused issues with the new recipe book.
you can still get that recipe from tmaps
so watch when you put recipes in the book
because it will go into the book, but you can't take it out
since its not considered a recipe

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cant remember off the top of my head but there are a few other recipes that wont go in the book either. If memory serves correct the recipe book has a preset list of recipes so the Dev team might have overlooked that and forgot to add the row for Tomahawk Steak to the recipe book. Sadly, I'd expect nothing less from the caliber of QA that Misk provides; just be happy it's spelled correctly. :)
They’re working on NJ, cut them some slack. Just you wait, NJ is going to be sooooooo cool that it was worth the wait and ignored production shards /sarcasm

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On the other hand, unless they ever fixed it, you can only get Stone Anvil (east) recipes from Treasure Maps, and you can actually get Bone Machete recipes from Treasure Maps as well (instead of having to do the quest with your crafter).