• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Tokuno Hunting Spots for a Necro-Mage

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was inactive in UO during the first two Treasures of Tokuno events. I'm very excited to hear that it is coming back. But I will also admit I've spent very little time in Tokuno except for the one champ spawn location.

Where are good places for a solo necro-mage to hunt in Tokuno? I don't have a good tank element, so I will be using fields, summons, debuffs and direct-damage spells. What do you recommend? Template is below.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think about ladies of the snow.

With corpse skin and a fire elemental to tank, they should die to a simple double flame strike, they have high fame and a good respawn rate.

Or if you have an undead slayer spellbook (everyone should have one of those), revenant lions are a good thing to kill. Again, corpse skin and a double flame strike will kill almost every one. But they have a lot less fame and thus will be less productive in the long run.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you, Farsight. I'll make my way up there, mark a rune, and check it out tonight. What slayer type affects Lady of the Snow? UOGuide says 'Abyss'. Does that mean Demon?

Anyone else have a suggestion? Again, I'm looking for a good solo spawn when I can't work with guildmates.

Also, can anyone confirm that you still get ToT credit for the Sleeping Dragon Champ Spawn? I don't know if the other drop types interfere with ToT drops.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

B

Barl DeAbreago

With the first TOT it was really easy to camp the demon rooms in the fan dancer dojo (or the fan dancers themselves for that matter) and I got points pretty quickly. Only problem you run into there is competition.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ladies of the Snow gave me a little surprise when they spawned reventants. I wasn't prepared for that. In any event, they needed way more than a double flamestrike. I must not be optimizing the right slayer book. I tried demon and that didn't seem to work out very well.

I made my way down to tusuki wolves and that went better with EVs tanking and corpse skin, explosion, fireball x a lot. Looks like their resists are pretty even so I went the CS & fire damage route. Any other suggestions for them? I couldn't find a slayer for them either.

What other good spots are there? I'd like the spawn rate to be one at a time and near immediate respawn so I can loot the gold. It would be even better if I could animate dead and get a skeletal dragon. I got one minor yesterday evening so this is going to work out great!

-OBS-

G

GFY

See me in Vent and do the champ with the rest of your guildmates you NOOB! ;-)

(Just a joke between guild mates not intended to flame)

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if you have no one to hunt with there is always a group doing the Tokuno champ Spawn, been having good luck there myself with my necro/mage. With the different levels you will get a mass of kills at lower levels and better fame/karma monsters at higher levels. And you never know you might even get a replica/etc from champ. The spawn restarts every 15+mins so usually when done I was just randomly hunting fan dancers but you can jump to Snow lady just as easy then return for next sapwn.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would recommend FanDancer dojo, esp if you get there early, there is a corner on ground level that spawns a single FanDancer. I run w/protection on so I can invis in a hurry. Just cast 2 EV's and stand back and loot bodies (800-900 gp each). If targeted, just invis and they will turn to EV. I use no direct spells on them because they can reflect serious damage back on you,a nd lower your Fire Resist.

I also have good luck at spawn. There you have a chance to get SoT and/or arti drop and if very lucky, a relic. The other night I b*tched to myself Champ died, and there were no artis in my pack - BUT then I noticed a pair of INT+3 Boots:) There were 4 Tamers there, but I got the relic from just casting EV's and animates (the hiryus become Bone Dragons). I run in wraith form for mana regen and so I can glide through mobs.

A

Arch Magus

Nope, you're all wrong. :p

The best spot (it actually works better/easier/faster with 2 mages) is in the Fan dancer Dojo.

Head down to the room where 1 succubus spawns with hell cats. Find a way to keep that ronin away, and setup the room with a couple EV's and poison fields.
Equipping a Demon slayer spellbook makes it all the faster.
One well played mage can do it solo, but with 2 mages working together you can get about 2 drops or more every 10 minutes once you find your groove.

The constant mix of low fame hellcats and hounds plus the high fame succubi is beautiful.
Absolutely the best spot. :thumbsup:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After having played Tokuno for a couple of weeks, I have to confirm Arch Magus' analysis.

The Tokuno champ spawn is also very good, but you have to play it right. Use wither once on every opponent for the first two levels then move on to the next targets, someone else will come along and finish off all of the first targets and you both get credit for everything.

The competition there is fierce (and during the last level nobody on Cats will res you... very annoying), but the drop rates are very high. Many people do the spawn then head to the fan dancer dojo between spawns.

Myself, I still prefer the revenant lions with the undead slayer book. The drop rates aren't as fast, but the competition is a lot lower. And the lions almost all spawn with bone mages and skeletons which could be killed with one spell.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Where exactly is the best orc spawn in the wastes? I've heard reference to that location and want to check it out as well.

-OBSIDIAN-