• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To whom it may concern,

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best pk in uo, has finally been bested!

Monday before last, I was diagnosed with Follicular stage 2 cancer. It's not that bad, but I've been going through doctor's appointments non stop since. I start chemotherapy on Monday the 16th, and wanted to let everyone I know in game, wether I own you, laugh at you, beat you like a read headed step child, or genuinely like you, that it was never anything more than me playing the game. Never personal. It's been fun killin you guys, and I hope to be back eventually, but for now, I'm concentrating on health and happiness outside uo. :) I might be back, might not, but for those interested I got another 10-20 years before it takes me out. :) So I'll be around one way or another. I wub joo guys, and I'll stop in when I feel well enough to kick some of your butts and macro a key to yell I HAVE CANCER DONT GANK ME. :) Later guys. Have a ton of fun for me. I genuinely do wish you all the best. Until and if I play again, then you're all dead. Laters. :) P.S.: I just got my Power Port installed in my chest today, you think my coffee girl will mainline my caffeine for me? NICE. hehe

D

Dor of Sonoma

Damn it, Bal. That really bites! GRRRR
Thanks for letting us know, though. Damn. My bet is on you in this fight!

(Could you please PM your contact info to me again? I think it got left on my other comp. Thanks!)

F

Freya/Passion

Bala this is so sad to hear. Our prayers and good wishes are with you.
Hopefully everything turns out for the best and get better already!!

Freya

S

Skullcollector

Damn Bal!.....I really hope you beat this bro, there is no room in hell for two devils! Try to come in game and let us know how you are doing if you can. We will be thinking of you Bal, get well you newb!

Your Daddy,
Skully

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. :) I start chemo tomorrow. FUN FUN! Maybe I'll take the laptop and play a little while I'm gettin shot up with the koolaid. :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. :) I start chemo tomorrow. FUN FUN! Maybe I'll take the laptop and play a little while I'm gettin shot up with the koolaid. :)

Good luck on trying to explain the whole point of the game to the nurses. Hope you get well soon.

S

Skullcollector

Just wondering how the treatments are going so far.... are you lit up like a glow stick yet?
Let us know that your doing good and the dr are saying good things... the nurses on the other hand prob would like you to keep your hands to yourself you freek. Write soon damnit!

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how the treatments are going so far.... are you lit up like a glow stick yet?
Let us know that your doing good and the dr are saying good things... the nurses on the other hand prob would like you to keep your hands to yourself you freek. Write soon damnit!
Oh man you dont even know. I feel a ton better. Anyways, funny story about the nurses. I was in this chair gettin chemo for 6 damn hours. Imagine how grumpy I was getting. And this nurse brought around a basket of granola bars. And I saw this yummay lookin peanut butter chocolate chip one and ate it. Then at the end of the chemo session I stood up and the nurse goes, UH OH, looks like someone had an accident. I was like WTH??? NO WAY DID I DO THAT. A chip had fallen in my lap and melted on the chair... guess what it looked like? haha She said shes going to give me "crap" about it for the rest of my chemo visits... haha I said, "I hate you." hehe Good thing she doesn't know I like killing people for pleasure. Damn her. :)

S

Skullcollector

Oh man you dont even know. I feel a ton better. Anyways, funny story about the nurses. I was in this chair gettin chemo for 6 damn hours. Imagine how grumpy I was getting. And this nurse brought around a basket of granola bars. And I saw this yummay lookin peanut butter chocolate chip one and ate it. Then at the end of the chemo session I stood up and the nurse goes, UH OH, looks like someone had an accident. I was like WTH??? NO WAY DID I DO THAT. A chip had fallen in my lap and melted on the chair... guess what it looked like? haha She said shes going to give me "crap" about it for the rest of my chemo visits... haha I said, "I hate you." hehe Good thing she doesn't know I like killing people for pleasure. Damn her. :)
Ssuurree, blaim it on a chocolate chip, you were prob dreamming about fighting me and sh*t yourself a little....Glad to hear your feeling better. A friend of mine while going thru same thing said he felt better a day or so after the visits but its was short lived. Just keep fighting and keep us informed.

Be nice to the nurses!

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa. I went through day 7-11. 2 days in the hospital and I feel like I walked through hell. Funny thing is they didn't want me, so I'm back. :) I think the devil is scared. Little noob that he is.

S

Skullcollector

Hiya Bal, glad to see you still on earth. Keep fighting this crap and keep updates comming. So if neither God or the Devil dont want you does that mean you cant die???

L

Lord Drakelord

I am glad to see your post as it does keep us up to date with your live, and just letting you know we are praying for you. Be strong sir!

R

Ruffles

Hiya Bal, glad to see you still on earth. Keep fighting this crap and keep updates comming. So if neither God or the Devil dont want you does that mean you cant die???
He might not be able to die...but still can be knocked off his horse! Thinking of you often, friend, and know that I do love seeing ya at the gate...even though everytime I do reveal myself, I get thwapped by ya.

On a serious note..know that the prayers for you to recover fully are even being said on your behalf from down under.

Rose

S

Skullcollector

Hiya Bal!
Hey bro just wondering if your still ok or are you the loser many think you are and you died on us?? I dont play UO much at all anymore bal so you need to post here or get me more info how to reach you. Once in awhile I do a Tokuno champ but thats about it in UO. Maybe we can play some cards on line if you like playin poker. For free of course, i would hate to take a cripples money. Write soon Bal! Its your turn to respond.....

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm good. 3 days into my second round. Same thing different shot. :) What a crock chemo is. :) I feel like crap. But alls good.

S

Skullcollector

I'm good. 3 days into my second round. Same thing different shot. :) What a crock chemo is. :) I feel like crap. But alls good.
Hiya Bal,
Glad to see you still kickin bro. Did you lose your hair yet? If so i can mail you some back hair to make you some new eye brows. Just super glue them on, no one will know. Be strong, keep fighting and you will beat this crap. Nothing new here, just trying to make it and stay out of trouble. Write again soon bal.

N

noxyoursox

Good Luck on the Cancer....I know what it feels like to fight for your life...it isnt easy...but its worth it;)