• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the collectors or black rock boxes...

S

Sunrise

Which ones do U have so far?

I like it how when you get one from a Deamon it has the name of the monster on it :D

So far I have 2 deamons. an earth. a mummy, lich, Mage, Drake and dragon....and a couple more I really need to find.

Just wonder what drops what. Its a long but fun process. Thanks.

C

Connor_Graham

I have 1 from a Daemon Berserker :)
As do I. :D

I've also got an ultra rare Dark Guardian box, along with a Drake, Rotting Corpse, Lich Lord, Mummy, Ettin, Dark Wisp, Troll, Gargoyle, Earth Elemental, Molech, Gazer, Ophidian Matriarch, and 9 different named Daemons, including El Chupacabra.

:D

I turned them all into a cool storage unit for my workshop.

C

Ceridwen

Friend of mine is collecting and so far has these boxes:

Ancient Wyrm
Arctic Ogre Lord
Bulbous Putrification
Crystal Hydra
Crystal Lattice Seeker
Crystal Sea Serpent
Cyclopean Warrior

Balron :
Collector of Souls
The Slayer

Dark Wisp
Deep Sea Serpent

Elementals:
Acid
Blood
Dull Copper
Earth
Efreet
Fire
Water
Poison

Demon:
Aglasis
Aiwaz
Astaroth
Azatoth
Ba'al
Bathsin
Bechard
Brulefer
Clitheret
Cthulhu
Faraii
Fleurety
Frucissere
Haristum
Inocard
Khil
Marbas
Mephistopheles
Nebiros
Pursan
Segal
Sergulath
Sirchade
Tarihimal
Y'reif Eci

Dragon
Greater Dragon
Drake
Ettin

Gargoyles
Gargoyle
Blistering Gargoyle
Stone Gargoyle

Gazer
Elder Gazer
Ice Fiend
Leviathan
Lich
Lich Lord

Mages
Nabius
Xyrot The Black Archmage
Kwan Li, Lord of the Mists
Ylthallynon, The Insane

Greater Mongbat
Mummy
Ogre Lord

Ophidian:
Apprentice Mage
Avenger
Enforcer
Knight-Errant
Matriarch
Shaman
Warrior
Avenger

Orcish Mage
Sand Vortex
Shadow Wyrm
Succubus

Therathan:
Warrior
Avenger

Titan
Troglodyte
Troll
Frost Troll
White Wyrm
Wyvern
Still have to find a way to deco with them without it just looking like a bunch of black boxes.... :/

C

Connor_Graham

That is a nice design for sure. Very nice :D
Thank you. That is a result of my stubborness in wanting to use those boxes in some manner, and the ingenuity of Ashyn in figuring out how to make it work. It just happened to work out that I had EXACTLY the right number of boxes to complete the wall with no holes and none left over.

Now that we've got a breather in the event I'll be making a little bit of time to get out and try and get more boxes.

Hollywood-

Those boxes are obtained by either carrying a piece of blackrock around with you and randomly infecting something, or being infected as a mage by casting armageddon on yourself.. The only creatures that will drop the boxes are ones that would normally drop a treasure map. The boxes are 1 level higher than the creature's normal map drop and are locked so will require a lockpicker of the appropriate level. The BR infected creatures themselves become something about halfway between a normal creature and a paragon version of it. They also have a loot boost when infected.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone tell me how to get those boxes:lick:
You need to blackrock-infect a creature that can drop treasure maps. They will then have a chance (1-in-10? now sure) of dropping one. There are three ways to blackrock-infect things. First, you can blackrock-infect yourself by casting Armageddon on a mage until you get voices (I refuse to explain how for RP reasons :) ) - you will then have a small chance of blackrock-infecting creatures around you. Second, you can simply carry around a small piece of blackrock to have a similar small chance. Finally (and probably fastest), there is a item from a past invasion (the exact name of which eludes me at the moment) which has a high chance of black-rock infecting things it hits.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Dragon one and 2 Shadow Ore Elementals boxes. :)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ceridwen all i can say is:bowdown: WOW. I infect all the time but not that much. Connor I love the way you are displaying the boxes. The only ones i have out are my dragon set. I still need a WW,a skeleton, and serpertain box to complete it. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one from a Crystal Lattice Seeker I believe.
I'd have to check when I get home.
you can simply carry around a small piece of blackrock to have a similar small chance.
So that's why my miner was attacked by a blackrock infected sheep last week.

X

XavierArcanus

Does anyone have a mouseover screenshot? I'm curious what the name of the box is and how it identifies the creature it came from.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 1 from a Daemon Berserker :)
Not that it does/doesn't exist, But I personally would have to see it to believe it. I killed probably close to 700-800 Berserkers throughout all the events, a good 25-30 of them being BR infected and never seen 1 chest.

I was also lead to believe the boxes can only spawn on creatures that drop tmaps, is this incorrect?

One of my favorites I got:

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that it does/doesn't exist, But I personally would have to see it to believe it. I killed probably close to 700-800 Berserkers throughout all the events, a good 25-30 of them being BR infected and never seen 1 chest.

I was also lead to believe the boxes can only spawn on creatures that drop tmaps, is this incorrect?

:D

That reminds me, does anyone remember if the ethereal shadowlords could be blackrock infected?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got a Berserker one from the Moonglow event. If I knew how to do a screenshot, I would show you a pic. No time to learn how to take screen shot at the moment. I also have a snow elemental, two shadow elem, a lich, and it seems like one other that i am forgetting.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sighs*

Well that says I was very well mislead on them only spawning on creatures that drop tmaps. GRRR!! Time for more hunting.

C

Connor_Graham

could you humor me and tell me why you kept it locked and unpicked?
It's been picked since I made that pic. I was wanting to brag a bit about my good fortune so I snapped the pic of the box as soon as I'd gotten it home. :D

C

Connor_Graham

*Sighs*

Well that says I was very well mislead on them only spawning on creatures that drop tmaps.
Actually, no you weren't. I believe the Berserkers and Dark Fathers (from Magincia invasion) were both excluded from the map requirement. Any other creature follows the rule of having to drop a map in order to have a chance at a box. I don't think there were any other exceptions made. I know there were a few creatures that weren't supposed to be on the list of things that can get infected, like the Peerless bosses, but those have been fixed now. The players that got boxes from things like that are sitting on serious rares.

S

Sunrise

aye speaking of picking..

anyone have a high lockpicker on napa :D Lol.I have about 3 boxes to pick.

BTW how long did it take to kill that monster that was infected? dang. Nice box tho. It makes a little extra for the rewards

C

Connor_Graham

aye speaking of picking..

anyone have a high lockpicker on napa :D Lol.I have about 3 boxes to pick.

BTW how long did it take to kill that monster that was infected? dang. Nice box tho. It makes a little extra for the rewards
Not very long. Maybe 5 minutes I think, possibly a bit less. When they're at full health they're a handful, but once you get it's health down a good way, they slow down and are very easy to kite with an archer. Plus I've got one hell of a Mystic Crossbow to help out.