• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To snip or not to snip?

E

edda

Dunno if this has been addressed in an older post, I cant find one. But I have a hard time judging if I should cut plants or not :\ .. A lot of the white ones come out looking so pretty, its hard to turn them into a dye.. Its only blacks and whites that I have a hard time cutting. So any feedback on which ones are taboo to cut, would be awesome.

D

Drazasamus

it is getting harder and harder to move plants or dyes on nappa, but you might just sell the plants instead and the clippers to:p

as for me, the white plants might look good with a winter motife, otherwise i look for only certain plants...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones which are highly sought after for decor you can try to sell as plants. Hedges, campions, trees etc. Stuff like the cactus and such go ahead and snip.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones which are highly sought after for decor you can try to sell as plants. Hedges, campions, trees etc. Stuff like the cactus and such go ahead and snip.
Yah this! Hedges definitely will go for a lot. I think hops are pretty too. Don't cut em up if you don't want to, just do extra runs and hope for the ugly ones. :p

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is the collective side of plants also. Over the years the titling has changed. Real old ones titled as "decortive plant" or "decortive (color) plant." There is no plant type in the title. Also what few rare plp had living plants in storage before seed stacking have the off titled seeds. PreTitled plants that are bright, seed titles lack the word bright in them but are bright seed color.

Beside on what is collector or deco pricing right now is driven by what the dyes sell for. What a collector or decorator is willing to pay is much lower then a dye vendor charges. Put to low a price on them and someone will make the profit destroying them for dyes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as black and white go.... I keep most all mine save the cacti, I'm not a real fan of catus... too many painful childhood memories I suppose... that and there really isn't much "sand" you can deco with... so just never appealed to me...

But hedge I wouldn't cut that's always good.... I also cut the palms, ponytail palms, and whatnot just because well... they aren't something I use ever in deco...

Mostly deco wise I use the champions, poppies, ferns, and hedge.

U

uoBuoY

Do you... really... want us women to come up with ways to customize vasectomies?
That could be asking for nightmares.
Not if the snip-snip "imbued" male chars with extra STR or a higher voice.