• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To slayer or not to?

L

lancelot99

As i honour and use eoo on monsters +100 di from suit/weapons, can i get away without using a slayer weapon?

damage cap 300%
100 from suit, 100 from honour and 50 from eoo = 250 % ? so using a slayer would take me to 300% or is mt math wrong? (i read homour can gove you 150%) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get away without Slayer weaps, but it just makes life a lot easier. If you miss honor ( some mobs bless themselves) or if you are attacked by multiple spawn, or when your EoO wears off, you will still be at max damage. Plus in a multi spawn situation, you will not be subject to the 100% damage increase you receive from the mobs you are not EoO to.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget that those first few swings while you are building perfection you will not be at 300% damage without a slayer. That isn't always a big deal, bit it can be a problem when you need big hits so you have big life leech. For example, I don't like fighting Rikki or Navrey without a slayer. Rikki just hits hard with this EQ attack and Navrey's web at the wrong time can be trouble. I like having big hits the moment I am able to pull my life back up quickly.

However, if you can wait for perfection to build, carry a weapon with HLA instead of a slayer. And just switch to another weapon with a slayer when you miss the honor. Try it out and see what you like more.