• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To report someone in the chat channel

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
To report someone in the chat channel:

BTeng_Mythic
UO Software Engineer

1. Open the Help Menu by clicking on "Help" on the menu bar.
2. Select "Another player is harassing me".
3. Select "Verbal Harassment".
4. Enter a brief description and click on the "Okay" button.
5. Select "Type Player ID's of Involved Players from Chat".
6. Enter the ID numbers of the offending players in chat. (If you see in chat: "<12345678>John: hi" then the ID would be 12345678).
7. GMs will be able to pull chat logs from those ID's and take any necessary action.

Original Post Link

If you guys have any problems in the chat here are the steps you need to take. For those players who are doing the harassment by publicly communicating Real life personal information, using every curse word in the book or taunting players. I strongly suggest reviewing the Ultima Online Terms of Service.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Wow. I wasn't on yesterday (and am at work now) but, obviously, but whatever I missed certainly seems juicy.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sorry to ruin the gossip but this wasn't for me. I know how to page on people but some players were led to believe you couldn't page on global chat because it was not moderated. Global chat has the same rules. Just because it is not coming from the top of your characters head doesn't mean you can say whatever you like.

From what I am being told. This last week has just been extreme and I went to find the exact procedure for paging.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

It's crazy to me what people spout in global sometimes. I swear like a sailor, yet, some of the words I see come out of global make *me* blush.

C

Clair The Mystic

Some nasty things were being said about a friend in global a few days ago. When I defended this person someone called me a feminist. I'm kinda happy about that. But, yea. The harassment in global chat is way out of hand, although I love to hear the PvP crowd trash talking each other. I find it very amusing.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Trash talking in global chat is stupid and classless.

Although, I love me some forum trash talk. Guild websites are the ultimate best for flamewars. No moderation. :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Little bump for those who dont know how to page.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to Atlantic and watch the general chat if you want a laugh. You see some crazy messed up stuff being said. The one day.. .lmao well i can't even repeat what was being spammed but it made me chuckle for a long time.
Generally i feel that when someone has to talk that much crap they are tryin to make up for something lacking in there real life, however there are times when even the most civil of us take the bait and say some rather unpleasant things. As of late I dont even go into the chat channels, however i've seen nothing, at least on chespeake shard, that comes close to some of the stuff i've seen in diablo2 or wow. It's amazing how much americans are hated in other countrys. ;/
But keep in mind that pvp can get frustrating, especially when you only pvp and sometimes you need to blow some steam. I've heard of ppl kicking there dogs, yelling so loud you blow your speakers, and other sorts of unpleasant things. So when i see someone going off in general chat i just pray there isn't a dog nearby.

L

longshanks

if you want a laugh, goto youtube and search for ventrilo rage.

some of the links are incredibly funny.

Agreed that some of the things said via chat are out of control, especially the f-bombs and people being told to do some sexual imposibilities.

:stretcher: