To Everyone

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
I wanted post this to make sure everyone knows that I'm alright.

I have been diagnosed as pre-cancerous for cervical cancer. My doctor was an incompetent fool and didn't tell me for a year... I found out today.

Because of this, my mother (Fatal Beauty), will be flying me out to see her doctors... I most likely will not be ingame for a few weeks while I'm there being seen and possibly treated.

As for the Zoo Spawns, I'm going to leave it to either Timberwolf, Anne or Vallend to keep those going while I'm gone.

I'll be okay, I'm sure, so there's no need to worry at all, but I wanted to be sure everyone knew what was going on and understood I wasn't just ditching out on them.

I wish you all the best of luck with the spawns :) Get some great replicas!

Cal

C

CatLord

Keeping you in my prayers... I wish you a Hasty recovery...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Best of luck to you, You'll be in my thoughts.

Here's to a speedy recovery/return. :pint:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
you are in our thoughts and prayers...

We will keep thinks trucking along until you return.

Vallend and I promise not to break anything....and if we do we will blame it on Anne!

L

Lady Vivian

Lady_Calina, Good Luck with your new Doctors and be assured all our thoughts and prayers go with you on your journey. We will all be waiting for your return.

S

Stucky

I had 2 friends go through this. After the initial freakout period with the "c" word each went through treatment (an outpatient procedure) and are doing fine with no reoccurrences. I hope everything turns out well and you're back in game asap! :)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
Good luck Calina. Going to miss talkin to you! :sad3:

Hope to hear from you every so often to know you're alright. We'll all be here awaiting your safe & healthy return!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
May 17, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Calina, take care of yourself and keep us posted. I won't promise to keep Vallend and TW from blowing things up cause, well, that would be impossible. However, I do solemnly swear to sweep all the evidence under the rug!

Getting a diagnosis is the biggest part of the battle. Once you know what you are fighting, you can plan your defenses. We'll be here for you when you need us. *HUGS* and hang in there. You know where I am when you need me.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
Val and I held a secret vote and elected Anne in charge of the ZSA....

She of course demanded a recount!

So we recounted each of us and told her she still won...err lost...errr won!

:)
Get better Cal....and come back to us soon!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 16, 2005
Ohio
Everyone should be glad I was not put in charge. How many of you have come to dev designed events when I called? You all know how I love a huge challenge of a battle. Can you picture the carnage if I was in charge of zoo events? mahahaha!!! The Zoo events are suppose to be for fun is what Anne keeps telling me... Isn't getting half the shard killed over and over and over in an attempt to kill an over powered monster fun though? The biggest thrill is when it finally goes down and I can yell. "Take that sucker!!!" I always say the best reward is winning..But I digress..just be glad Anne lost.. umm.. won the vote. Because all of you do not know how lucky you are.

D

DPudding

Calina....someone very close to me recently celebrated seven years of being cancer free. They'll fix you up....and you'll be back hanging out with your newest buddy (Me) in no time!

I can say without reservation...that if you need anything...the old catskills folk will be there in a sec.

M

Moonwynd

Hey Calina,
Sorry to hear this news even though we haven't met in game. Good to know its still in precancerous stages and not cancer yet. You're plenty young so you will be fine. Don't know why your doctor would keep information from you though... unless he's looking for a lawsuit? :confused:
Anyway, this is a good kick in the butt for me to get my check up for this year. I'm about 6 months overdue for it. :eek: Especially since I have an ovarian cyst that I should keep an eye on. ugh!
*kicks self in butt and anyone else out there who's behind with their check up*
Good Luck to you!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
You guys are fantastic :) Thank you so much for the support :)

My first appointment is tomorrow, and hopefully the news will be good. I won't be on as much as I normally am, since this computer is in my parent's room and I don't want to impede on their sleep, but I will be ingame alot during the day... mostly at my new home :)

You can find it at the North Zento Gate, closest to the Makoto-Jima MoonGate. It's named "The Manor: Under Construction"

If anyone knows me well, they know that when I have a house to decorate I disappear until its done :)

B

Branwyn of Errol

*hugs* I will keep you in my prayers; been through this same situation so I know. And as others have said knowing what you are dealing with is the hardest part (was for me anyhow).
Decorate your new house to your hearts content milady! It is good therapy.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 16, 2005
Ohio
Calina!!!
Nice to see come out from decorating your house to visit us. Hope things are going well for you...and I warned you about letting me lose on the Zoo Spawn Group.. you see...well..I sort of talked Anne into going to Bedlam last week. I promise to behave this week though and someone else pick where we go.
You better be taking good care of yourself and when you get done with that house maybe I will let you work on mine. *Pushes more empty ale bottles into the corner to make it look cleaner.*

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Well, I wasn't able to been seen by my doctor yesterday, so they rescheduled for Tuesday. Depending on how it goes that day, perhaps I will be joining you all :) I was thinking maybe the Humility spawn would be neat, same time and setup as always, with us meeting at Humility Ilsh gate?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
An Update!

I saw the doctor today, and they said I have to undergo a simple surgery to remove the cells :) It should be an in and out (pardon the pun) procedure!

Bad news is, they have to see me a month after the surgery for a follow-up, which means I'll be out of town at least until the end of March.

So, along with missing my wedding anniversary I will also not be home on my guild's two-year founding anniversary.

But HEY look on the bright side! I'm NOT sick and I'll still be ingame for the Zoo Spawns and both my wedding and guild anny :)

OH and I almost forgot... in about 6 days, the ZSA will have it's headquarters in Luna! My guildmate is giving me his South Luna 15x14 to do with as I please :) And this pleases me!

*Hugs to everyone* When good news rains, it pours!

M

Mikeee

Well that is certainly good to hear. I heard Magyar has been getting lonely sitting at home without you.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Well that is certainly good to hear. I heard Magyar has been getting lonely sitting at home without you.
Aye, that he has :( and I miss him alot. Hopefully, I'll never have to spend so much time away from him again. I left home on Feb 13th and we talk every night before bed and every morning when we wake up, but I miss him still! :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Since we last spoke, my husband lost his job of 10 years out of nowhere. To make matters worse, his employers changed his schedule to make it appear as if he just hadn't shown to work, making it his 'fault' and making him unable to collect unemployment from them.

At the moment, we are running around trying to find him job where I am now and gathering the funds from family and friends for a move, since the small town we were in will make it hard for him to get another job there.

Our priorities have shifted away from UO and onto survival, as the company just 'happened' to fire him as I was seeking medical treatment and he mentioned he may have to take leave to come be with me for a few days.

Luckily, our four accounts don't come out until April, May and July, so we have about a month to get him a job and move. We've had to make last minute moves before, so hopefully this will go alright.

I already have some links sent to him so he can get his resume together and make calls, and I scouted one of the apartment centers I lived in as a child that we'll be able to afford. He's turned off cable, set internet to the lowest speed and is working on packing up things he won't be using...

Not bad progress for have only known for two days. If I don't make it to Zoo Spawns, you all have my apologies.

C

Corvak

Ok, seriously, I can't stand the dirty tricks that companies are doing to their former employees. And it's mostly american companies that seem to be doing it.

I have no idea what employment insurance is like down there, but it seems like these companies do this specifically to screw people out of collecting it.

You have to lay some people off? Fine. We understand, the economy is currently ****. But don't lie to blame your own damn employees for it.

God this pisses me off sometimes.

</rant>

Sorry to hear about that, Calina. I hope everything will work itself out. The Zoo wouldn't be the same without you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
If I don't make it to Zoo Spawns, you all have my apologies.
There's no need for any apologies, you do what you have to right now. UO and the Zoo will be there when you get back. In the meantime, I'm sure the folks of Catskills will have little to no trouble keeping things running. Best of luck to you both.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
Cal it has always been my experience that everything happens for a reason. Lets hope this has some hidden blessing you are unaware of yet.

Thoughts and prayers dear.

M

Moonwynd

Ok, seriously, I can't stand the dirty tricks that companies are doing to their former employees. And it's mostly american companies that seem to be doing it.

I have no idea what employment insurance is like down there, but it seems like these companies do this specifically to screw people out of collecting it.
True, companies will use all kinds of tactics and when they don't have good reason, eg: the employee hasn't done anything wrong, so they'll jump on the attendance wagon. But it doesn't mean an employee can't fight it and win. Seems to me that Calina's husband should fight it, especially since he's been working there for 10 yrs. Seems he's been a loyal employee and although they can fire him for whatever reason they want to dig up, it doesn't mean they can win at a hearing.
Not sure if it applies here but there is a Family and Medical Leave Act in the US that allows people to be away from work for certain periods of time when a family member is sick. It might be something to look into. If this doesn't apply, he could still win by fighting the attendance accusations.

In my own case, I worked for a company that let me go because they needed someone full time. (I was taking classes and couldn't work full time and they knew this) Anyway, I fought it and when it came time for the hearing, they made up all kinds of stories about how bad my attendance was over the whole time I worked there. Well, I won the case. The hearing officer said they allowed it. If I was as bad as they were saying, they should have fired me a week after they hired me instead of letting me work there for 2 1/2 years.

Anyway, Calina, things will work out. Good people just seem to attract good things in their lives. Not always what you expect but things usually work out for the better and will probably work in your favor. Some things take a long time and may have bumps and grinds and other things happen rather quickly and efficiently. But your a mover and a shaker, :D, and your not letting it get you down. Best thing of all, you have alot of good friends and family supporting and helping get you through it all. Like I said, Good people just seem to attract good things in their lives. :hug:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Just remember this if they gave you pain pills:
Sharing is caring! :D

Glad to hear everything went well.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
lol! no pain pills, sadly :( j/k
But when I was waking up, I apologized for not having passed out from the gas and stuff yet :D