• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) To Catch a Spy...

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The sorceress was seething. It was less of a visual experience, but more of a deeply felt tension that captured Ethan from the moment he entered the little office by the docks. Without any spoken words she pushed the evening edition of the Trinsic Beacon towards him. ‘Crime wave in Trinsic’, he read aloud and then skipped through the first paragraphs. ‘All forms of crime… from petty to heavy… spies… thieves… will murder be next?’ He finished reading and looked up at her. ‘Is it really this bad then?’

In response she pushed a heap of paper towards him. Near the edge the veritable tower of reports toppled and spilled onto the floor. Ethan could see the familiar handwritings of the city watch.
‘This man makes a mockery out of our city.’
Her voice was quiet, but Ethan could hear the anger flowing freely now.
‘Not enough that half of our letters to the gargoyles do not reach the recipient, they are invading everything now. Every dim-witted thief has by now discovered that posing as an agent of Skaros yields a good chance to go free. There are more cases of burglary than there are doors and windows in the entire city. Citizens have taken to paying with promises since their pouches are cut too often to bother even with repairs, let alone filling them again. The postal service has nearly collapsed since letters are likely to be delayed, if they arrive at all. Disputes under neighbours are boiling all over since everybody is accusing everybody else of being a spy. Even the mail for his Grace is being sifted through on a regular basis, according to his clerks. And the watch is overworked and barely able to maintain even a sliver of control. This ends now. Criminal or spy, I want them caught and tried.’

She swiped a hand over the table and the paperwork was caught in a sudden gale that swept it into a corner. Ethan halfway expected it to catch fire, too. Instead he watched a quill run over a parchment. Only moments later she cut across her finger with a sharp letter opener. Ethan held his breath and watch silently as the drop of blood seemed to spread out into a complicated pattern on the paper, forming a gruesome but intricate seal at the bottom of the page. Without further regard for him she strode out, leaving him with the neatly drawn message.

In the name of his Grace, Duke Irvyn Middlethorn of Trinsic
And with the power of the Governor of Trinsic

I hereby authorise all law-abiding citizens to act as temporary deputies in support of the Trinsic City Watch. If you witness a crime you are authorised to question the accused as well as any potential witnesses or victims of the crime. You are also authorised to detain a suspect for questioning by the City Watch. If you do so, you are obliged to prepare a written report detailing the charges and all gathered evidence, along with your name. The detained person is to be delivered to the cells at the West Gate of Trinsic. The reports are to be left with the City Herald by the City Stone.
This authorization ends on Sunday, the 29th day of June by sunset.

*signed and sealed with a blood red pattern*
Aryala, Countess of Trinsic
Governor
OOC explanation:
This is a quest in which all players can participate. From today until Sunday night, beginning of the King’s Council, there will be characters available in Trinsic for you to observe, talk to and, possibly, arrest. The characters will be available from 8pm UK time onwards. If you are not available at these times but wish to participate anyway, feel free to leave a report with your (made up) case with the City Herald. It will be used if it can be made to fit the plotline.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked a couple of old friends to have a look around Trinsic and see what they could find, so far they have met one or two intriguing people, but not any clear evidence of thieves, or spies - so far.....

We shall see if anything more comes to light this evening.

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The desk groaned under the weight of the paperwork that was being piled upon it. Nevertheless, she found it hard to determine if the campaign against crime and espionage in Trinsic could be considered a success or not. On the one hand, they had not reached a breakthrough yet. According to the city watch there had been citizens prowling the streets, hunting for evidence and suspicious behaviour, but they had not made any arrests yet. However, the sudden wave of attention had apparently flushed most of the culprits into hiding, almost instantly lowering the amount of reports of actual crimes coming in.

And to be constricted by the law was still a rather vexing state of affairs. Once, long ago, such things as spies would not have posed a problem. But here in Trinsic, one had to find evidence and witnesses. Worse, one had to have a trial, which would take hours and in the end lead to mostly unsatisfactory results. But it was the way of Trinsic and thus, it would be honoured. Pun intended.

With a sigh she cleared a space in front of her and started to go through the papers one by one. It would be imperative to have results before the Council meeting tomorrow night. But how? There had to be ~something~ of use hidden within these papers.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
**Calls the main courier in service under the banner of Drake IronHeart, and orders him to deliver the message in great urgency**
*From the hand of Ivyln Sharpblade*

Dear Governor Aryala,

I was answering to your call to check the city for any spies or thieves that might be around your wonderful city, While walking I saw some suspicious activity outside, THE KEG AND ANCHOR, these two individuals, YOLLO and PENNY, dressed as Jugglers, where extremely keen to find information about me or any information that might be considered of great importance to the Governors and of safety to the realm....
While they pretended to juggle between themselves, they were looking with eagle eyes at whom went in and out of the tavern.... like if there were in a mission to inform of the movements of someone...
I have seen this behaviour previously and it comes to me that they are planning something, maybe a hit against your life.....
This struck me as I hadnt seen them before and seemed to be very figgity when I examine and asked where they came from, Id advise you send your loyal Royal Guards for a chat and maybe interrogation.
They did not seem to be here for any good.
Hope this helps you catch any trouble or problems that may arise in the future.

Signed,

Ivyln Sharpblade