• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

to bushido or not

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having just finished my sampire template, it is frankly astonishing. Mind you, I was already using bush/chiv and swords and felt invincible, but with the addition of necro to 99 for Vamp embrace, I can not die anymore. I am seeking out monsters that previously would have owned me, and now I actually stand toe to toe., and kill them. Leeching is key, as well as DI on a weapon. I noticed that for the first time my HML50 DI48 rad scimi is hitting harder than my soul seeker. It is an unbelievable template, but also a lot of work and tweaking. Not something for too casual of a player as it requires a lot of calculated decisions, even in the heat of the battle. Having had almost every other template possible, they all have their merrit, but this one flat out is the best in solo PvM. Not being able to heal a fellow guildie by x healing is something I have been dinged for, for example. So in those cases a nice fencing/healing/anatomy template with a bit of ninja voodoo works actually better in teams. All I can say is wow. now, i just need that elusive twink scimi with 50 HML, 50HSL, 50 DI and 30 SSI.... anyone have something like this for sale on CHessy? I am not rich though....

G

gmcbroom

All I can say is wow. now, i just need that elusive twink scimi with 50 HML, 50HSL, 50 DI and 30 SSI.... anyone have something like this for sale on CHessy? I am not rich though....

Lol.....yet. :) Your wealth is coming no doubt about that. Congrats man. :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The inability to x-heal guildies & the drop in fire resist is what's keeping me from doing it. Not to mention I somehow lost my uber Twinkling.

T

Turdnugget

A sampire isn't really meant to be the assist character in group PvM... it's the tank. People are supposed to heal you, not you heal them.

Unless you can manage the skill points/items, then you can roll with Lynk's template and have the best of both worlds, ability to be the tank + cross heal when needed.

The drop in fire is well worth the abilities of being a sampire. It's fairly easy to overcome the drop in fire as well. Even w/out faction item resists bonuses it's fairly easy. It might be a little time consuming finding the right equipment, but definately doable and well worth it.

Being able to leech so much life back is less of a pain than having to remember to hit your bandies everytime. A lot of times I forget, or mi**** my heal button...that never ends up very good.