• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To All City of Yew Highlights

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all highlights of the city of Yew.

If you are looking on your highlights list and see the guild High Five World Tour 2k16, please do not drop them. They are friends of Rowan Arlo’s here to PvP with him in felluca. Seems that their spells were accidently doing in in Rowan, so they asked for an alliance to keep him from biting the big one.

I have spoken to a couple of them and they are good folks. Rowan has also given his pledge as to their conduct towards those of the RP community. They will not attack any hl’s that they see, because they know they are RP community. They will not be joining in on any RP battles that the city of Yew may have with others.

Thank you so much

Aedon

If you have any concerns please free to address them with me, Baron Arkon, or any member of the Yew Alliance council.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Okay,

So let's start with.. a lot of us have pvp friends. That isn't the issue. A lot of us rp with them too. The point is that when you are in an rp group, if they aren't willing to rp and stick to the rules you don't highlight. Some of us, while trying to integrate have taken a lot of crap over everything from names, to tactics.. etc. Not only did you just say "Here.. We allied and I don't want you to drop.." You basically gave a group we don't really know the ability to drop us, those who are highlighted to you.. In tram. And you did all of it without bothering to say "Hey guys, this is what's going on."

Now, I know you don't answer to any of use. What you do with your guild is your business. I'm great with that. What I'm not great with is a group that is supposed to be rp suddenly going.. well we really aren't rp. If that was PGoH, Rangers, Thom or I... this would have been an all out blood bath argument. I think it shows a lack of common courtesy to the rp community as a whole.

But that is *my* opinion.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right there Gillian, I messed up and forgot to inform folks earlier. I take full responsibility for that. The group in question have had certain restrictions placed on them which we intend to hold them to. I have not only spoken to some of them, but also Rowan has talked to them all and pledges their intent. They are only HL'd to make it easier for Rowan to hunt with them. If this becomes a real issue, we can suggest to Rowan that during the nights they are here, he can exit the Yew guild and rejoin after the night. I assure you that though I screwed up and forgot to post any notice ahead of time that I have the well being of the RP community at heart in any of my dealings with those on the outside.
My guild, the City of Yew and all guilds within the Alliance other than Rowan's friends are strictly RP and have never claimed to be anything other than that. I fully understand and appreciate your concerns.

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This was meant to be a response to the ICQ thread I woke up to. But then I got on a rant and decided to make it public.

First off I generally stay off boards because of ******** like this. But all throughout my hunt last night with the Rangers of Spiritwood this topic kept coming up and it was mildly annoying. But I let it go because it's just a game and I forgot about it.

So I thought I was popular when I woke up to 47 ICQs. I guess not. It was just a mass ICQ because my guild the Crimson Alliance - Resurgent is apart of the Yew Alliance.

So here is why I don't care other than to say why this is an annoying topic. I've been living in Fel since always, I suck at pvp, and I rarely insure my armor unless I made it and used expensive ingredients. Literally anyone one the shard could come and kill me and steal my game pixels any time they want and so far they haven't. Let me put that another way I live in Fel Yew, I own multiple houses in the heart of PVP-dom on any shard and I'm left alone.

The only argument that I see against my opinion is that I'm just one person and I'm a lot harder to find than the Rangers of Spiritwood or PGoH. And now they're freely attackable on any shard. So other than the mental anguish of possibly being griefed. I hope they have item insurance. So if they get killed, ok, walk away, get ressed, get dressed, buy new potions, arrows, and whatever else couldn't be insured. Then go back about your business. Do you want to be reimbursed for the item insurance? I'll give anyone twice their insurance costs for every death if that will stop anyone from complaining just so long as I don't have to hear about it.

On top of all of this its not like this type of thing hasn't been done in the past or isn't being done by other guilds to varying degrees of scale. PGoH hasn't always been synonymous with RP. Back in 2007ish I came across a book dropped by Mare Jade Sky. The short version of what was in the book if it was to be taken as IC information would have essentially outed S^S as being a vampire coven. Charlie was the GM of PGoH at the time. At the time I didn't really know her except by repulation. Today she is one of my best friends in game and out. Charlie admitted that this was not what she intended for Mare Jade to do. But she tried to explain that it happened because she is trying to get new blood into RP and Charlie thought it would be a good assignment to get Mare Jade familiar with some of the RP guilds of the shard. So what started out with good intentions to get someone not familiar with RP familiar with RP ended up potentially ruining the RP that S^S had spent years developing. All brought down by a book, like some kind of horocrux. Luckily Charlie and I were able to explain to Mare Jade why what she was doing was wrong and I'll say she became a better role player for it.

Then I think back to even my own early days of RP and before that. I started out as a noto-PK and Shadowclan had a lot of reds. So I'd kill some orcs and it looked good to some early RolePlayers from Kinship and Rangers 'O the Heart who took me under their wing and showed me how to roleplay. Where would I be had it not been for Cobalt back in December of 1997?

Even look at New Order |N|, part of their model to a certain extent revolves around recruiting PvPers. So far this hasn't backfired in a meaningful way.

But the issue at hand is that an entire autonomous guild was added to the Yew alliance. It is free to recruit anyone it wants and isn't necessarily under any obligation to inform their new members not to attack orange on site. But they were added on the good faith that Rowan could hunt in Fel with them without flagging them as criminals. The easier solution would have been for Rowan to quit the Yew Alliance on the night he goes hunting with his HI-5 friends join HI-5 and then re-join the Yew Allance when he is ready to RP.. Personally that would have been way I would have preferred at least at first glance. It would be less of an impact to the community at least in the short term. But thinking long term opening ourselves to these RP newcomers could prove to be a greater tool for recruitment.

My point being is unless we're ok with a shrinking and divided RP community we can't afford to turn people away or worse turn on each other. We need to seize the opportunity to develop and nurture budding RPers and we need to be united in this endeavor. But if we're ok being RP snobs then by all means carry on with the delusion that your RP is better than someone else's.

Would it have been nice to be asked if it was ok or even given a heads up that this was happening? Absolutely, especially as an alliance member. It would have given me an opportunity to be ready to help guide these new roleplayers. But Aedon has now apologized for that twice in this thread and a few times in the ICQ thread I woke up to. Do you want him to build a time machine drive 88mph and go back to the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance and send you a heads up or not join them at all?

Furthermore no one was actually hurt. Or let me rephrase that, no one's pixels were hurt in a game. But honestly this is stupid and why I've never really liked RoE/RoC in the first place. Why should we hold some digital lives to one set of rules and another set of digital lives to another set of rules? All pixel lives matter.

Stop bickering and start Role Playing.

Pip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I also avoid forums like the plague. However, I am not even sure why PGoH is being brought into this as though anyone in it has raised a stink since I am the GM of it, haven't peaced, have no intention of peacing barring anything extreme, and haven't felt the need to approach anyone about it. That said, I do think all parties should be informed in such a case because highlighting between RP guilds is done for different reasons than general warring.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right Pip, I should have been thinking further ahead and made sure to contact all our HL's in advance. It is a major screw up on my part.

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not trying to drag PGoH or the Rangers of Spiritwood into this and through the mud by any means. I fact from what I understand and from what I've been told both were fairly accepting of the mistake on Aedon's part.

My point was merely to express that a blanket policy of good faith is probably the best course of action in such cases.

Pip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You are right Pip, I should have been thinking further ahead and made sure to contact all our HL's in advance. It is a major screw up on my part.
The current situation has already been addressed here, so my intention wasn't to harp on in that way. I just meant in the future tense, in the event that this comes up again with any group.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I peaced and I will not rehighlight until such time as there isn't an autonomous non rp guild in the Alliance. My objection isn't that there are new rpers joining Yew. I would react the same way if it were any other guild in this position. I have no trouble with inviting others to share in the rp experience and gear all my events towards encouraging others to try it out, so i'm a bit insulted by anyone insinuating that my decision is based on some kind of rp elitism. When highlights are issued it's a matter of trust between GM's. Trust that the rules will be followed and that issues will be addressed quickly. I've never met the GM of this other guild, and to top it off it's a non rp guild. Sorry, and I mean this in the best possible way, but that's like if I were to Ally K^S to Trinsic. Not to pick on K^S in any way as there are some great folks in that guild, a lot of which try to rp with us when they are around, but they are not a strictly rp guild. There were a lot of options here for what to do and randomly making an alliance shouldn't have been the first option. Not to mention the fact that i'm pretty sure we wouldn't have heard about it except for some random encounter in Luna. There have been mistakes made by beginning rpers in plenty of guilds, the difference is that they were trying to actually join the community versus being here to pvp and not wanting to kill their friend. IF they can demonstrate that they are here to be a part of the community then I will welcome them with open arms as I have every other person that's came to join us. In the meantime, i'm protecting myself and what guild members I do have by not putting them in a position that we are uncomfortable with.

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Even look at New Order |N|, part of their model to a certain extent revolves around recruiting PvPers. So far this hasn't backfired in a meaningful way.
Dante Darkheart; I love how you think The New Order is FULL of PvPers or that we go out of our way to recruit PvPers. This is patently false. I know our guild is new, but we have made GREAT strides in our attempts at bettering the community as a whole. If you can name ONE active PvPer in my guild, I would concede to everything you said.

I would like to say that The New Order is now one of the more active guilds in the Roleplaying Community, and I know we still have a lot to improve on as a group as we are still working toward establishing our name. By making these false claims of who we are as a guild, you not only tarnish our reputation, but I take this as a personal affront.

I take full responsibility for my guild when they do something wrong. Your comment is an attack on me as the guild leader as well as my members who strive to contribute to the Catskills RP Community. Perhaps the reason nothing has "backfired in a meaningful way" is because everything you claim is fictitious and instead of learning facts you would much rather attempt to place blame and redirect away from relevant issues by pointing your fingers at what you perceive to be an easy target. Regardless, The New Order will remain on course and continue to contribute as much as we can to the community.

Last edited:

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is why I stay away from boards. Someone always takes something the wrong way.

This...

Dante Darkheart; I love how you think The New Order is FULL of PvPers or that we go out of our way to recruit PvPers. This is patently false.
does not equate to this...

Even look at New Order |N|, part of their model to a certain extent revolves around recruiting PvPers.
I'm not sure how you get "Full of" from "to a certain extent". You're reaching if you think I said that you go out of your way to recruit PvPers. Next time please re-read what your quoted before you take it personal. Furthermore, I should have elaborated that this was a perceived belief not even held by me. I will apologize for that, for being off message. Every time I have RPed with you or your members the RP was fine. Maybe, instead of taking this personally take it as a challenge to show that you are better than the rumor.

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sadly it is people like you that make such rumours surface... Instead of just saying "sorry" publicly you decide to also add more conflict by defending your statement, and attempt to resolve the issue by making another. To NO extent do we EVER recruit PvPers. Every member in The New Order has over 8+ years of Roleplay experience, most being close friends... To toss our guild into a certain criteria with entirely factitious presumptions is misleading to anyone who views us in the Roleplay Community. How would you react if I called out your guild for being "Blue God Modding Meta Gamers?" Regardless if I had thought it true or not... You made the statement, thus others would precieve you thought it was true.

Last edited:

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am sorry I mentioned a rumor about your guild that turned out to not be true. I was given

I am not sorry that for rumors about your guild that have already circulated. I can't be sorry for something I didn't do.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was perhaps a poor choice of example but you guys are the first guild that pops to mind a lot of times, and I figured you wouldn't take it wrong. If you were a full rp guild i'd happily ally or highlight every one of you, and i'd be glad to take a couple of your more rp minded folks on alts if they ever want the experience.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People have the right to do what they think they need to do, and I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen to drop highlight. I myself prefer not to condemn the people of Rowan's guild outright. They have stayed true to their words and no highlight of Yew has been harmed.

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merek, I've seen your guilds 'rp' and it consisted of pretty much pking an rper then running off and laughing, no actual rp involved. I'm not going to name names to keep it partially civil and not drag specific players names through the mud. I myself avoid Moonglow for the reason that there is no rp to be had there, and I do not like pvp. I'm sure your guild does rp occasionally and maybe you try to give an rp reason to go pvping, but it is what the guild does. I have seen it first hand and have been friends with some of the members and it is mostly pvp that is brought up with what your guild does. There is nothing wrong with that as you do try to control rpvp from just becoming pking. The guild UND used to be huge on attacking people, it could be annoying sometimes but they are a guild that people to this day would like to see come back because of the need for rp 'bad guys'. When there are 75 % paladin types and 25 % sinister characters it makes the rp pretty dull and a lot of tavern chat.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please not argue this out? Merek and Thom are well within their rights to take the actions they have.

*smiles Love ya Charlie*

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Merek, I've seen your guilds 'rp' and it consisted of pretty much pking an rper then running off and laughing, no actual rp involved. I'm not going to name names to keep it partially civil and not drag specific players names through the mud. I myself avoid Moonglow for the reason that there is no rp to be had there, and I do not like pvp. I'm sure your guild does rp occasionally and maybe you try to give an rp reason to go pvping, but it is what the guild does. I have seen it first hand and have been friends with some of the members and it is mostly pvp that is brought up with what your guild does. There is nothing wrong with that as you do try to control rpvp from just becoming pking. The guild UND used to be huge on attacking people, it could be annoying sometimes but they are a guild that people to this day would like to see come back because of the need for rp 'bad guys'. When there are 75 % paladin types and 25 % sinister characters it makes the rp pretty dull and a lot of tavern chat.

I am sorry to hear you think this way Charlie, but sadly you have been greatly misled. For Example, there was great reason for the attack on a certain Tavern night, that night -- To those who are not active in the community it may seem like a random act, but I assure you it was not. Perhaps if you did visit Moonglow you would see the complex story lines that are currently in play right now. I invite you to take part, and interact with us. The more RP the better.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for all of these posts. Your thoughts on this topic are appreciated.

This thread's issue involves making changes that affect all, within that alliance, without notice or discussion of those changes. When you join a Guild/Community the understanding is that that community overcomes individual desires while moving toward common goals/philosophies. Finding a community that aligns with your desires completely is a rare treasure. The larger the group, the more time it will take for all members to agree to make these changes or leave that group. Without this respect, there is no team. It is jarring when you believe that you matter within a team and discover, by accident, that fundamental changes have been made without your knowledge or consent.

As of last night, I have backed out from this conflict and will return to my 'K^S Bubble'. So my above comment is, now, from an outsider. I wish you all happy adventures with good friends. I am sure that the RP Guilds will work this out. And I know that the RP will continue to thrive despite the growing pains.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for all of these posts. Your thoughts on this topic are appreciated.

This thread's issue involves making changes that affect all, within that alliance, without notice or discussion of those changes. When you join a Guild/Community the understanding is that that community overcomes individual desires while moving toward common goals/philosophies. Finding a community that aligns with your desires completely is a rare treasure. The larger the group, the more time it will take for all members to agree to make these changes or leave that group. Without this respect, there is no team. It is jarring when you believe that you matter within a team and discover, by accident, that fundamental changes have been made without your knowledge or consent.

As of last night, I have backed out from this conflict and will return to my 'K^S Bubble'. So my above comment is, now, from an outsider. I wish you all happy adventures with good friends. I am sure that the RP Guilds will work this out. And I know that the RP will continue to thrive despite the growing pains.

I'm sorry to read that you are taking a step back. I hope you will take your break and decide to give it another chance. :grouphug:
I have enjoyed the interaction we've had in the past and I hope for more in the future. You don't have to be guilded to RP and you definitely don't have to be good at PvP. There are lots of things to do... just find what makes you happy.

To others...

Every era of the RP community has disagreements and... every time the community has persevered. It may come out a bit bloody or battered, but it always survives. We have been here approaching twenty years. This time will be no different.

Ultimately, this disagreement is between the guild masters in the alliance and the other highlighting guild masters in our role-playing community. That's it. If you are a member and have concerns or opinions, talk to your GM privately. If your GM is bleeding drama onto you, find a new GM. Being a GM is often a thankless job with many hours behind the scenes... often times dealing with ******** like this. Let our GMs do their job.

Take a breath and trust them to make whatever decision they feel is best for the guild as a whole and get back to enjoying the game.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, I fail to see where there is anyone bleeding drama on anyone else in the Yew Alliance. The majority of the Alliance is in full support of the stance I have thus far taken. Should that change, the issue will be fully looked at again, and the actions favored by the council taken. I have admitted many times here that I did make a mistake in not bringing Hi-5 to the attention of all our Highlights when Rowan came to me. I did take it to those in the council I thought of at the time, completely missing Dante and Anfalas in the process. It was not something done to be an ass, but was an innocent mistake on my part.

When Spiritwood dropped the hl with Yew, I immediately spoke to Judas of his concerns and I am hoping he knows that should any of his members have been attacked by any of Hi-5 action would have been taken on the spot. Judas resent the HL and I made the post here to reach all of Yew's HL's. Something I should have done long ago.
At the same time, I have fully understood Thom and Merek choosing to remove their H. It is well within their jobs as GM's to take any actions they think needed to safeguard their members form any perceived harm. As leader of the Yew Alliance, until I have had a chance to speak to the leader of Hi-5, it is my job to stand for them.

Requests have been made to speak to the Leader of the four man guild, and I have sent messages on asking that they sit down either in game, or on ICQ chat with concerned Guild Leaders. Beyond that, and my assurances there is little I can do short of kicking the guild from the alliance even though they have committed no wrong.

I have spoken not only with Rowan, but also Zora who leads Hi-5. Rowan is a long time RPer who enjoys a bit of pvp. Zora and his guild had even expressed an interest in trying RP. Neither of these two are what we in the old RP community refereed to as doodish. Rowan is an excellent role player and Zora showed some promise in the brief period in which we spoke.

Perhaps my problem is I am too quick to believe in the good intentions of others, and am willing to extend welcome and friendship without spending time grilling a person. I have of course been burned by this a few times, but more often than not I have found new friends to enjoy the game with.

I am sorry to those who feel they have been deeply impacted by this, and hope they understand that I am doing all that I can to ease the fears some still have. Once and if a meeting can be arranged, I will send invitations to all guild Leaders who wish to do a sit down.

I have said I am sorry. what more would you have me do if not look after the Alliance?

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First off, I fail to see where there is anyone bleeding drama on anyone else in the Yew Alliance. The majority of the Alliance is in full support of the stance I have thus far taken. Should that change, the issue will be fully looked at again, and the actions favored by the council taken. I have admitted many times here that I did make a mistake in not bringing Hi-5 to the attention of all our Highlights when Rowan came to me. I did take it to those in the council I thought of at the time, completely missing Dante and Anfalas in the process. It was not something done to be an ass, but was an innocent mistake on my part.
Perhaps before assuming what I meant, please double check what was written or at least ask for clarification. I did not name nor imply ANY names, nor did I say Yew.

If you are a member and have concerns or opinions, talk to your GM privately. If your GM is bleeding drama onto you, find a new GM.
I meant... if you are the member of an involved guild... Yew, New Order, Rangers, Knights, A Traveling Circus, Half-Vampire/Half-Unicorn Addicts... whatever... that instead of posting here and getting involved... that you take your opinion to the GM of your guild in private. An' if you are in a guild where your GM is forcing you to be involved by bleeding the drama onto you and you're just an average player? Find a new guild. GMs shouldn't be using their players as grapeshot nor should they be their therapist or the person they dump all their issues on.

Again. Did. Not. Mean. You.

This announcement was made and all GMs are now talking or have made their decisions. We don't need anymore fuel on the fire.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some comments I need to make regarding Merek Penrose. When writing this post, I had originally intended to segregate the pure errors of fact in Merek's comments from the assertions of questionable judgment where there could be room for dispute. I eventually decided against that approach because we must let our dream of a just and safe world be bigger than the little kingdoms of our identities. Only then can a society free of his sophomoric, Pecksniffian criticisms blossom forth from the roots of the past. And only then will people come to understand that if his plan to reconstitute society on the basis of arrested development and envious malevolence is to be discouraged then the wisest course of action is to outline Merek's troubling pattern of lying, incompetence, and carelessness. Before we start down that road I ought to remind you that his accomplices are united by only two things. Want to guess what those are? They're a deep-seated sense of victimization and a burning desire to smear and defame me. Aside from those two things, the members of Merek's little empire have little in common. Surprisingly, some of them even realize that Merek wants to create an ideological climate that will enable him to pander to vain, insincere fruitcakes. Who does he think he is? I mean, when I was a child my clergyman told me, “There's something severely wrong with this picture.” If you think about it you'll see his point.

No one can claim to know the specific source of Merek's demands, but Merek keeps saying that the stork is responsible for procreation. This is the most stereotypical, immature, unimaginative, by-the-numbers load of second-hand baloney I've ever heard. The truth is that Merek wants to be the one who determines what information we have access to. Yet he is also a big proponent of a particularly sick-minded form of hooliganism. Do you see something wrong with that picture? What I see is that Merek recently made the astonishing claim that the world's salvation comes from whims, irrationality, and delusions. Stripped of all its hyperbole, this statement is really just saying that Merek is not the only one who needs to reassess his assumptions. Think about the most avaricious nobodies you'll ever see. They too should realize that Merek is reluctant to resolve problems. He always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that many of the people I've talked to have said that Merek and his disciples should all be put up against a wall and given traitors' justice. Without commenting on that specifically I'd merely like to point out that there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who intensify hatred, and there are those who let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Merek fits neatly into the former category, of course.

We have a choice. Either we let ourselves be led like lambs to the slaughter by Merek and his lapdogs or we push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about sanguinolent calumniators. While I don't expect you to have much trouble making up your mind you should nevertheless consider that Merek's confidants believe that it's okay for Merek to indulge his every whim and lust without regard for anyone else or for society as a whole. It should not be surprising that they believe this, however. As we all know, minds that have been so maimed that they believe that Merek's reinterpretations of historic events will spread enlightenment to the masses, nurture democracy, reestablish the bonds of community, bring us closer to God, and generally work to the betterment of Man and society can believe anything, especially if it's false. His foot soldiers are too lazy to cast an unfamiliar ray of sunshine over the brash, jaded landscape of his smears. They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that Merek has been making people suspicious of those who speak the truth. Such utter contempt for the autonomy and free agency of others is the hallmark of presenteeism and has no place in a free society. In a free society people can state, without fear of retribution, that Merek's mottos have merged with mysticism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and perfidious, grungy warlordism. And both promote violence in all its forms—physical, sexual, psychological, economical, and social.

When I claim that Merek is deeply and fundamentally adversarial, this is not a commitment to ahistorical, prelinguistic, transcendent facts but a causal account that has explanatory power in connecting up phenomena in the world with the manner in which Merek has been subjecting human beings to indignities. One of his former expositors, shortly after having escaped from Merek's iron veil of monolithic thought, stated, “For every dollar we spend to better our communities, Merek'll spend a thousand more to take us over the edge of the abyss of classism.” This comment is typical of those who have finally realized that I certainly hope that if we all eschew scornful, mischievous privatism, this will bring us together in a national dialogue of learning instead of reducing us to recriminations and accusations. At a minimum, I expect it to help a large number of people see that we must lead a jacquerie against Merek. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our ancestors will have been in vain. The key is to realize that even if scientific evidence established that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive, it would still be the case that based on my own conversations with friends, I, hardheaded cynic that I am, contend it's pretty clear that it frustrates him that he can't shut me up. We can therefore conclude that there are some stiff-necked wretches who are silly. There are also some who are atrabilious. Which category does Merek fall into? If the question overwhelms you, I suggest you check “both”.

It's not necessarily the case, as Merek maintains, that Merek is renowned for his cultural sensitivity. On the contrary, I shall be blamed by ignorant persons when I say that as soon Merek takes us beyond the point of no return, the next thing we'll hear him say is, “Oops, made a mistake”. Cruel as that maxim may appear, his latest diatribe is Merek-style lunacy at its very finest. Every despicable word of that diatribe paints a perfect picture of Merek's hysteria and reveals that this is the precondition for my crusade against boisterous credentialism. This is not what I think; this is what I know. I additionally know that that's not the most frightening thing about Merek. Have you heard that he certainly doesn't lack gall? I find information like that disturbing on so many levels that I can't help but want to direct your attention in some detail to the vast and irreparable calamity brought upon us by Merek. The bottom line is that I have put this post before you, without any gain to myself, because I care.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps before assuming what I meant, please double check what was written or at least ask for clarification. I did not name nor imply ANY names, nor did I say Yew.

I meant... if you are the member of an involved guild... Yew, New Order, Rangers, Knights, A Traveling Circus, Half-Vampire/Half-Unicorn Addicts... whatever... that instead of posting here and getting involved... that you take your opinion to the GM of your guild in private. An' if you are in a guild where your GM is forcing you to be involved by bleeding the drama onto you and you're just an average player? Find a new guild. GMs shouldn't be using their players as grapeshot nor should they be their therapist or the person they dump all their issues on.

Again. Did. Not. Mean. You.

This announcement was made and all GMs are now talking or have made their decisions. We don't need anymore fuel on the fire.
*bows head.*
My apologies then.
You are very right in one thing for sure. A guild leader needs to be allowed to do their job for all the members of their guild or alliance.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some comments I need to make regarding Merek Penrose. When writing this post, I had originally intended to segregate the pure errors of fact in Merek's comments from the assertions of questionable judgment where there could be room for dispute. I eventually decided against that approach because we must let our dream of a just and safe world be bigger than the little kingdoms of our identities. Only then can a society free of his sophomoric, Pecksniffian criticisms blossom forth from the roots of the past. And only then will people come to understand that if his plan to reconstitute society on the basis of arrested development and envious malevolence is to be discouraged then the wisest course of action is to outline Merek's troubling pattern of lying, incompetence, and carelessness. Before we start down that road I ought to remind you that his accomplices are united by only two things. Want to guess what those are? They're a deep-seated sense of victimization and a burning desire to smear and defame me. Aside from those two things, the members of Merek's little empire have little in common. Surprisingly, some of them even realize that Merek wants to create an ideological climate that will enable him to pander to vain, insincere fruitcakes. Who does he think he is? I mean, when I was a child my clergyman told me, “There's something severely wrong with this picture.” If you think about it you'll see his point.

No one can claim to know the specific source of Merek's demands, but Merek keeps saying that the stork is responsible for procreation. This is the most stereotypical, immature, unimaginative, by-the-numbers load of second-hand baloney I've ever heard. The truth is that Merek wants to be the one who determines what information we have access to. Yet he is also a big proponent of a particularly sick-minded form of hooliganism. Do you see something wrong with that picture? What I see is that Merek recently made the astonishing claim that the world's salvation comes from whims, irrationality, and delusions. Stripped of all its hyperbole, this statement is really just saying that Merek is not the only one who needs to reassess his assumptions. Think about the most avaricious nobodies you'll ever see. They too should realize that Merek is reluctant to resolve problems. He always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that many of the people I've talked to have said that Merek and his disciples should all be put up against a wall and given traitors' justice. Without commenting on that specifically I'd merely like to point out that there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who intensify hatred, and there are those who let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Merek fits neatly into the former category, of course.

We have a choice. Either we let ourselves be led like lambs to the slaughter by Merek and his lapdogs or we push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about sanguinolent calumniators. While I don't expect you to have much trouble making up your mind you should nevertheless consider that Merek's confidants believe that it's okay for Merek to indulge his every whim and lust without regard for anyone else or for society as a whole. It should not be surprising that they believe this, however. As we all know, minds that have been so maimed that they believe that Merek's reinterpretations of historic events will spread enlightenment to the masses, nurture democracy, reestablish the bonds of community, bring us closer to God, and generally work to the betterment of Man and society can believe anything, especially if it's false. His foot soldiers are too lazy to cast an unfamiliar ray of sunshine over the brash, jaded landscape of his smears. They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that Merek has been making people suspicious of those who speak the truth. Such utter contempt for the autonomy and free agency of others is the hallmark of presenteeism and has no place in a free society. In a free society people can state, without fear of retribution, that Merek's mottos have merged with mysticism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and perfidious, grungy warlordism. And both promote violence in all its forms—physical, sexual, psychological, economical, and social.

When I claim that Merek is deeply and fundamentally adversarial, this is not a commitment to ahistorical, prelinguistic, transcendent facts but a causal account that has explanatory power in connecting up phenomena in the world with the manner in which Merek has been subjecting human beings to indignities. One of his former expositors, shortly after having escaped from Merek's iron veil of monolithic thought, stated, “For every dollar we spend to better our communities, Merek'll spend a thousand more to take us over the edge of the abyss of classism.” This comment is typical of those who have finally realized that I certainly hope that if we all eschew scornful, mischievous privatism, this will bring us together in a national dialogue of learning instead of reducing us to recriminations and accusations. At a minimum, I expect it to help a large number of people see that we must lead a jacquerie against Merek. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our ancestors will have been in vain. The key is to realize that even if scientific evidence established that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive, it would still be the case that based on my own conversations with friends, I, hardheaded cynic that I am, contend it's pretty clear that it frustrates him that he can't shut me up. We can therefore conclude that there are some stiff-necked wretches who are silly. There are also some who are atrabilious. Which category does Merek fall into? If the question overwhelms you, I suggest you check “both”.

It's not necessarily the case, as Merek maintains, that Merek is renowned for his cultural sensitivity. On the contrary, I shall be blamed by ignorant persons when I say that as soon Merek takes us beyond the point of no return, the next thing we'll hear him say is, “Oops, made a mistake”. Cruel as that maxim may appear, his latest diatribe is Merek-style lunacy at its very finest. Every despicable word of that diatribe paints a perfect picture of Merek's hysteria and reveals that this is the precondition for my crusade against boisterous credentialism. This is not what I think; this is what I know. I additionally know that that's not the most frightening thing about Merek. Have you heard that he certainly doesn't lack gall? I find information like that disturbing on so many levels that I can't help but want to direct your attention in some detail to the vast and irreparable calamity brought upon us by Merek. The bottom line is that I have put this post before you, without any gain to myself, because I care.
EXCELLENTLY written
Merek has been and ever shall be a HOOT!

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When Spiritwood dropped the hl with Yew, I immediately spoke to Judas of his concerns and I am hoping he knows that should any of his members have been attacked by any of Hi-5 action would have been taken on the spot. Judas resent the HL and I made the post here to reach all of Yew's HL's. Something I should have done long ago.
Just to clarify on this point, since it was mentioned here and questioned privately, the reason I initially peaced HI-5 was because I had no idea who they were or how we obtained war status with them. Once I hit surrender, I received a message that we had lost the war with Yew, which tipped me off. I immediately messaged Arkon and then a minute later Aedon messaged me. We re-established the highlight immediately. My intention was never to drop war status with Yew at all.

Other than that, I think Deraj really speaks for us all.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Judas, and it is what I told the council of Yew when it happened. I do think you guys for your understanding and patience.

And I think Deraj speaks for me as well.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tldnr

I was one of the people who encouraged Judas to drop the war to figure it out and as a person who had previously been in unwanted wars do to the flawed alliance system I think inserting an unknown into the system without even a headsup is something we should all agree was majorly stupid, you acknowledged that but a way to fix it would be to unally them after each hunt because a lot of people still don't understand that for us orange isn't KoS.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lack of a heads up was my fault Scarst, I dropped the ball so to speak. Before the guys were added to the alliance I did have a talk with them about our HL's and Rowan made it rather clear that they were not to attack those orange to them.
That is a good idea Scarst, I will bring that up with Rowan and the rest of the Yew Council.

Last edited:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a few weeks and my friends in RP know where I stand & our story-lines are still moving forward.

My 'bottom line' is this - I am a Knight of Solamnia first & foremost. I send Claudia's family members into RP Guilds, the GMs of those RP Guilds know the bloodline, most of the time it is obvious by my the family name floating above my toon's head. K^S is and will be PvP heavy because we are proudly PvE. We hunt & PvP on others shards and have universal adversaries, not just Catskills. I was suddenly orange to my K^S GuildMates, without discussion or consent. With this revelation, 'sleeper-toons' were removed from the Yew Alliance, Claudia's son had already left. I posted to inform those GMs & Players within the highlight Alliance, who I do not have personal contact with, of my decision. The loyalty to my KnightHood has sustained me through many hard times and it was not a question to leave that alliance fully.

My interactions with the Catskills RP Community has been great! I have and still enjoy the interactions. All of the rich history, clever & original characters unique to Sosaria/UO, highly intelligent & talented players all make my in-game time fun, engaging, and challenging. I appreciate all of the insight & honesty in this thread. I will see you in Sosaria. Play on!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who have not already heard, Rowan recently asked me to remove his friends guild from the Yew alliance. Thank you all so much for your comments and understanding.