• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tinker trapped para crates

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just how do I go about making trapped mall crates to break paralysis?

I know I need enough Carpentry and Tinker to make lockable crates - and that I don't want high Tink or the crates will do unacceptable damage...

But having made, trapped and aligned my crate E/W - I'm confused. If I use the key to unlock it, it disables the trap. How do I set it up so that it can be opened yet will blow the trap and break paralysis?

Mnay thanks ..;p

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...no replies yet.

Did the typo in the first line throw ppl? "mall" instead of small?
I would have hoped that the context would have bridged that possible misunderstanding..

OK..since I am sure that the knowledge exists within this forum to answer the question I posed - may I ask you all how I might better rephrase the problem in order to elicit a reply?

Cheers all and particular thanks to anyone who can help..

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very simple. I use 25 tinker skill to minimize the damage taken when actually usin the box.
1) Craft a small crate, exceptionally made. This gives the crate a key inside.
2) Take the key out and use it on the crate to lock the crate. Throw key away if ya want.
3) Cast the spell, Magic Unlock on the crate and voila, you have a trapped box for disrupting paralysis.
Remember, the lower the tinker skill the less damage you get. 25 Tinker skill will fail alot when trying to trap the box (thus you will take alot of damage).
Gud Luk.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks! Got it working now.

Only issue is that I suspect you meant 35 tink skill - 30 is the minimum to make dart traps and 35 gives a 10% chance - so it's slow but the crates do low damage.

Thanks again...off to make a bunch to store for the future..;p

R

RichDC

At 30tinker if you check the success rate you have 0%chance so you will always fail

I keep tinker locked at about 30.5% then you have if i remember 1%chance of making but never hit above 10on a 70phys suit.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 30 tinker on a stone and use no talisman. 30 tinker works just fine :)