• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Vote People!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As some may know the city Governor's race has started. Most of the cities are a shoe in for those Governors from before, however as you can see Ms Showers has a very tight race. Voting ends on the 15th of this month, so get out there and vote people now!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Who can say who would be best, the current governor, or the new comer. That will be left to the people to choose.

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What I've noticed so far about voting... There's no reason to vote for anyone. If you don't know the candidates personally, then what makes the difference who you vote for? Seems like a popularity contest to me. If more people are friendly with one of the candidates that's the only way you'd know or who would be the best governor. Where's the RP fun in that? Also, voting and winning fair and square. People being recruited off shard to come to their home shard and vote. Very desperate if you asked me. But who I am to say? I'm a real citizen of Sonoma.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well I play on Several shards myself. Have a tamer with WW and nightmare on Most USA shards and mages on the ones over seas. I started on Lake Superior myself back in 1999, was playing on Sonoma as well, but my main one like "Drakelord (was born on LS in 1999}" were on LS, come shard transfer I moved several here as I like Sonoma far better then LS, (Sorry LS but YOU lost the popularity contest).

My Daughter Mindy, (Guri), was a companion here on Sonoma in 2001, and it was due to her telling us of the shard and people why we moved here back then. It was also her treasure hunter that got THB guild started here, my account held that tower till 2007 when it was tranfered to Sir Carl (THB). He still has it today, its the sister Tower of the YMCA, I assume you know of it since you say you are a true citizen of Sonoma.

True I took a break in 2007 from UO, but it was due to family not the game that caused that. My youngest daughter was about to lose her home, back then a single mom with one child (my daughter and grand daughter) were far more important to me then UO, we had 7 accounts then, do the math that was almost half her house payment on her little two bedroom.

Today I and my wife are back with three accounts, one which was played mostly by my other Daughter, Mindy, she was a shard reporter, Kimi Mori, back then for almost two yrs, but when Trevor was borned she left UO turning her account over to us. Now I used to help her with the articles she did back then, editing the snaps and proof reading her articles etc.. I been asked twice to become a reporter, turn it down both times I'm 64 yrs old and after watching the daughter go through which she had to do back then was something I did not wish to do.

SO I take snaps, and posted what I can, still cannot save my log so anything I wrote before was due to me taking a LOT of snaps of the chat in game to get a running dialog and then typing it out in note pad to proof read and then transfer to Office. I missed a lot of that chat due to not being able to save the text log.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think Cat Cora is going to lose this time, but the good news is we get to do this again in 6 months. Voting will end tomorrow, so you have the rest of the day to run over and vote in Trinsic. Good luck to both!

Ms Showers, please fix the bulletin board at the Trinsic bank, and maybe you could have asked the power that be for some Christmas Deco around the city as did the other Governors.

Also Cat Cora is going to attend every governor's meeting Ms Showers. ;) Be perpared.

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's pretty close. You still have time! Let the corruption and payoffs begin! Heard it through the grapevine that one of the people running for Trinsic was offering gold bribes to players on other shards for votes! Can you imagine? Although your post are seeming more like a personal vendetta against "Ms. Showers". If she happens to win.. maybe you could be productive citizen of Trinsic and try to help her. Maybe she doesn't know how to do certain things. Just maybe... sounds like a better idea than wasting energy on trying make a person feel bad. Hmmm.. just a thought.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's pretty close. You still have time! Let the corruption and payoffs begin! Heard it through the grapevine that one of the people running for Trinsic was offering gold bribes to players on other shards for votes! Can you imagine? Although your post are seeming more like a personal vendetta against "Ms. Showers". If she happens to win.. maybe you could be productive citizen of Trinsic and try to help her. Maybe she doesn't know how to do certain things. Just maybe... sounds like a better idea than wasting energy on trying make a person feel bad. Hmmm.. just a thought.
Rumor Control;
Heard it through the grapevine that one of the people running for Trinsic was offering gold bribes to players on other shards for votes!
Seems that there was only two people running for that office on Sonoma and there was no way Cat Cora was buying votes as the most gold she has on Sonoma is around 12mil, which she has to share with 6 more characters, and just a little over a mil on most others shards, and I am pretty sure Ms Showers was not buying votes either. They both just have a lot of friends, some from other shards which does not matter as far as I am concern as I have characters on most shards to attend events, (EM or Player).

And Ms Showers does know what she can do or not do ,I am sure, as there is a very long post here at Stratics just on that, as well as a Shard meeting where EM Willow explain just how it was to be and what the governors can and cannot do. I was there for that meeting as was most of Sonoma.

productive citizen of Trinsic
Cat Cora will be just that a "productive citizen of Trinsic" with concerns that she has seen so far since her return to Sonoma in Trinsic. Compared to the other cities here "Trinsic" is a dump and needs to be shaken up, renewed, nothing has been done to the city except for a little clean up at the governor's office.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I can see that I need to send a congrats to April for a good race. Cat will be back in 6 month. See you at the governor's meeting!

Conrats!

good night Sonoma.

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
:cheerleader: I'd like to take some time to congratulate the winners of governor's election. :cheerleader:

Britain- Queen Mum
Yew- Miri
Jhelom- Galahad
New Magincia- Magrathea
Moonglow- BadBart
Skara Brae- Clym of Clough
Trinsic- April Showers
Minoc- Pending King's Choice

Good luck to each and everyone of you!:heart:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Such a shame that your Guild did not support your efforts in this race. Next time for sure Cat !
ya most had already voted for others or faced the problem of the 7 day wait after undeclaring citizenship of other cities before declaring it for Trinsic. But they will all be ready for the next time, we got six months to get ready and its going to be a harder fight for Ms Showers in May.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the corruption and payoffs begin! Heard it through the grapevine that one of the people running for Trinsic was offering gold bribes to players on other shards for votes! Can you imagine? .
there was 4 accounts sitting at luna mint all named voter fraud and they where offering 4 votes here for 4 votes on ls shard and spamming and advertising in general chat.. just saying.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
wow! To bad I did not see that those four votes would have made it a even closer race, She would have still won but not as good as she did. Like I said she just had more folks that were ready to vote, then I did. Far to many of my friends had the problem of the 7 day wait for citizenship. Next time ;)

Jester

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed Minoc seat is still vacant. I seem to always miss voting time in UO. I haven't kept up with it much though. Guess I need to read up on what all is involved in being a Governor in UO. Congrats to all the winners!