• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to make felucca trammel2

K

King Frankie

Theres no point in keeping felucca anymore player base is dead and more are leaving cos EA cant keep track of the cheaters and exploits. Ive seen alot of good honest players leaving since before christmas due to lack of EA interaction with its players and not least paying subscribers.

Ive also left the europa scene and i feel sick every time i hear about some new bug or exploit that ppl use to achive nothing, i mean think about it the more you cheat the less players you will have to play with and in the end it will look as europa does now... dead.

Nails

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry- can't go there with you.

I am not a cheater or hacker but I certainly like the challenge of beating guys abusing the system. it is frustrating as heck when ya lose but rewarding when you win. If you have a good group of mages, you can even beat the cheaters when you stay together and don't chase.

All dexers = loss
all stealth archers = mega loss

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No

The solution is to fix the problem(s), not change something else so that more gets broken.

The most disheartening part of Cals letter to me was that they had already begun brainstorming on a "new" expansion on the horizon.

*It has since been brought to my attention that no where in either of his letters did Cal make any such statement regarding an upcoming expansion. In that regard I stand humbled and corrected*

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No

The solution is to fix the problem(s), not change something else so that more gets broken.

The most disheartening part of Cals letter to me was that they had already begun brainstorming on a "new" expansion on the horizon.
That's what they should be doing. New content and expansion should come sooner than 4 year periods. That is just plain ridiculous.

Also ridiculous is the fact that in UO culture we actually have people that think no expansion should be created because of failures of the past. Instead of expecting past failures to be fixed(as other game companies would) in a timely manner we see a large pool of posts that believe future content should somehow take second seat to supporting previous ones. It's a sad model to say the least.

I will not wait another 4 years for a major content expansion again.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, four years is entirely too long.

My beef is with new release and systems full of holes all being reworked that we should immediately focus on "the next big thing", but hey, I'm one of those folks that multitasks really well, one-thing-at-a-time.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't like fel, don't go into it.
If you don't see a point to it, don't go into it. You can play UO without ever having to go to fel so it has absolutly no effect on your game if you never go into it.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres no point in keeping felucca anymore player base is dead and more are leaving cos EA cant keep track of the cheaters and exploits. Ive seen alot of good honest players leaving since before christmas due to lack of EA interaction with its players and not least paying subscribers.

Ive also left the europa scene and i feel sick every time i hear about some new bug or exploit that ppl use to achive nothing, i mean think about it the more you cheat the less players you will have to play with and in the end it will look as europa does now... dead.
Frank how can you come here and make comments when you no longer play? It has to be said that Europa is a live with PvP in felucca. Every night we are having good fights over champ spawns.

You many have left, but others have taken your place, a good example are Saor guild, who not only PvP over champs they now have a faction guild which is holding their own.

As for the cheating, well the main hacking guild have not been active for a while now, which is making the shard more active again, but again you would not know this as youre playing WoW.

So to sum up frank, yes you left! But others will move in to felucca. It has started now and we have more new blood in felucca than we have had for a long time

Santa Claus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he said something about a 2 year cycle ..in real years we are safe from an expansion for 4-5 years

B

Beer_Cayse

Guess what? I'm a Trammie because I can't PvP for squat. However, Fel represents the full UO experience and I cannot agree with you.

Fel and PvP are integral parts of UO - they damn well stay.

K

King Frankie

Frank how can you come here and make comments when you no longer play? It has to be said that Europa is a live with PvP in felucca. Every night we are having good fights over champ spawns.

You many have left, but others have taken your place, a good example are Saor guild, who not only PvP over champs they now have a faction guild which is holding their own.

As for the cheating, well the main hacking guild have not been active for a while now, which is making the shard more active again, but again you would not know this as youre playing WoW.

So to sum up frank, yes you left! But others will move in to felucca. It has started now and we have more new blood in felucca than we have had for a long time
I get you winker but also remember that ive played in fel since server start and before that i was on Chessa. Yes you are right some places are filled with new players but in the end even the hardest rock fall throu the sift. In my own eyes and opionion its only a matter of time. And for not playing... No wounder?!!

And my post wasnt to **** any UO player down it was an misserable attempt to raise a voice toward the treatment UO players get from EA.

5 cent tossed.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres no point in keeping felucca anymore player base is dead and more are leaving cos EA cant keep track of the cheaters and exploits.

This has nothing to do with this:

And my post wasnt to **** any UO player down it was an misserable attempt to raise i voice toward the treatment UO players get from EA.

L

longshanks

gives back 5 cents and another 5 cents for your time.

Sorry but you have no dog in this fight. Instead of staying and working to get change you chose to up and run...

Go enjoy wow and post on those boards. copa walk

M

Megilhir

Simply stated; No.

Just last night I was quietly mining in Feluccia and noticed a suspected scripter Recalling along a specific node path.

Saw his recall path take him into a guard zone (Britian area). Talked to him, no response.

Figured: "Meh -so I die", and cast Posion on him, expecting GUARDS-BANK-STABLE ALL- VENDER BUY to come shouting out at my imminent ghost.

Didn't happen.

...I hate scripters.

So I waited for his 12 minute cycle and jumped him INSIDE the guarded area.

He died and I looted bunch of tools, tinkerer kits and some ore.

Waited to go Blue and came back to find his unrecovered corpse still there.

So every night I intend to pass through the area on my little Fire Beetle and actively mine my node path. If I see him, he dies.

Cannot do that in Trammel. You would have to drag monsters over to the Scripter. Like something I think may potentially have had the possibiliity of theoretically having happened outside Ter Mur recently, again, inside a Guard zone. For this you could get banned for grief play (Luring) even though you are inherently enforcing the spirit of the game.

Go figure.

Keep FEL

K

King Frankie

gives back 5 cents and another 5 cents for your time.

Sorry but you have no dog in this fight. Instead of staying and working to get change you chose to up and run...

Go enjoy wow and post on those boards. copa walk
Just cos i dont play right now it dont mean my account is idle. so hands back the 5 cent.

6 red chars n proud of it.

C

Connor_Graham

25% of the playerbase are PvP'rs to one extent or another. That's hardly dead. Additionally, getting rid of a major part of the game isn't the solution, fixing the problems is.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get you winker but also remember that ive played in fel since server start and before that i was on Chessa. Yes you are right some places are filled with new players but in the end even the hardest rock fall throu the sift. In my own eyes and opionion its only a matter of time. And for not playing... No wounder?!!

And my post wasnt to **** any UO player down it was an misserable attempt to raise a voice toward the treatment UO players get from EA.

5 cent tossed.
Frank its Evolution mate, one group leaves and another comes along. I too have played fell for 10 years now and have noticed a decline in population, but it’s far from dead.

I have invested too much time and effort to just give up and walk away. Yeah there is rampant cheating, but those who cheat end up by the way side, as the game is no longer a challenge for them and they get board quick. These type of people move from game to game.

As I said at this point in time the biggest guild that uses exploits on Europa are mostly inactive. This is brining more blue guilds back in to fel, who are learning to pvp and thus the circle of life (Evolution) begins all over again. As long as there is something to fight over (power scrolls +25 stat Scrolls) Felucca will live on.

One last thing… Its my Home! Why would you want to take my home from me?

B

Budweiser KDL

Wow. Really? Europa is dead because of cheats? Weird......I'm sure the people who play in Fel never play in Tram, so you have the BEST idea ever! My god your a genius!

EA please get rid of Felucca, all we want to do is quests, hang out in banks, role play and kill monsters!!

YAY, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!

idiot.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and getting rid of fel somehow would stop the flow of people quitting because of pvp imbalance? I see...

U

UOKaiser

Actually i would prefer that fellucia and trammel split into seperate servers. Hell they can remain the way they are now just treat it like 2 different games. PVP patches, balance issues wont effect tramel experience and vice versa. Trammel gets the most nerfes not because of other tramelites but because of fellucians calling for nerfers. So I say treat both places like different games.

B

Budweiser KDL

You tell him Bud.
Seriously LOL. People come up with the most idiotic ideas sometimes. I'm normally mellow yellow on the boards, but this guy's idea is well.....um.....stupid.

IMO
IBTL

Fix the hacks or let everyone use them. It's simple. Removing part of the game that has been around since the beginning is not the answer.

B

Budweiser KDL

Actually i would prefer that fellucia and trammel split into seperate servers. Hell they can remain the way they are now just treat it like 2 different games. PVP patches, balance issues wont effect tramel experience and vice versa. Trammel gets the most nerfes not because of other tramelites but because of fellucians calling for nerfers. So I say treat both places like different games.
LOL OMG.

Trammel came about after Felucca. Why? Because Trammel style players cried loud enough for it.
I say get rid of Trammel!
Go hug some trees!

U

UOKaiser

LOL OMG.

Trammel came about after Felucca. Why? Because Trammel style players cried loud enough for it.
Go hug some trees!
I never said get rid of fellucia. I said seperate them. Dont let fellucia enter into trammel and vice versa.

K

King Frankie

LOL OMG.

Go hug some trees!
bud you need to relax some and realize the post was in the high end of ironi, OFC we dont want fel to be removed but it seems they only add or fix contents in TRAMMEL do you understand now or does it still say zzzzt?

K

Kallie Pigeon

The problem with the original game was that there was no solution for griefers. There is still no solution for griefers. If a player wants to be actually bad in game not just roleplaying a bad person but actually trying to cause grief to other players there is no way to deal with that person. If you kill them they just ress and are right back at it. Because of this you can only roleplay a good player since there is no way to deal real justice to real bad players. That is why they made Trammel. Single players generated more than 200 trouble calls in a single night of griefing. That is why they made Trammel. Solution is still Trammel. However you are wondering why they still have Felucca. I haven't been there in a long time so have no clue what is going on over there however from the way people talk on the boards it's the same ol stuff.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with the original game was that there was no solution for griefers. There is still no solution for griefers. If a player wants to be actually bad in game not just roleplaying a bad person but actually trying to cause grief to other players there is no way to deal with that person. If you kill them they just ress and are right back at it. Because of this you can only roleplay a good player since there is no way to deal real justice to real bad players. That is why they made Trammel. Single players generated more than 200 trouble calls in a single night of griefing. That is why they made Trammel. Solution is still Trammel. However you are wondering why they still have Felucca. I haven't been there in a long time so have no clue what is going on over there however from the way people talk on the boards it's the same ol stuff.
Clearly you never camped during the good days of front door keys. Nothing said FU like looting everything a person owned.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't like fel, don't go into it.
If you don't see a point to it, don't go into it. You can play UO without ever having to go to fel so it has absolutely no effect on your game if you never go into it.
Problem solved right here!

To the OP:
BTW, I'm sure that Ilshenar is quite possibly a lot less populated than fel.

A lot more people populate than fel than you are aware of.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Clearly you never camped during the good days of front door keys. Nothing said FU like looting everything a person owned.
There is nothing like griefing a griefer but then what does that make you? Does it stop a griefer? I doubt it. You couldn't do that to me if you wanted to because I was too careful. A griefer could learn to avoid such problems also if not they already knows how because they have done the same grief tactics to others and know what works and what doesn't. I had a mentor who was into PVP who told me how to avoid problems. Griefers thrive on emotion. Making someone mad is what they enjoy. The best way to deal with them was to leave them alone.

G

georgemarvin2001

Fel Atlantic is alive and well. Plenty of people to PvP with practically 24/7, if you know where to look. There are a lot of guilds which operate almost entirely in Fel. If a Trammie guild ever does a champ spawn, it's guaranteed to get raided. There are sometimes dozens of players competing over the spoils at an IDOC. Go wandering around with some uninsured items in your pack, and you won't have them for long; there are plenty of thieves and PKs around to relieve you of all your worldly goods. If you hang around as a ghost, you may even see some of them fighting over the stuff in your corpse. Try stealing a sigil at 3 AM and you'll see that Fel is alive and kicking. PvP on your shard may be dead, but that doesn't mean they all are. I do have a few ideas for making PvP a lot better on the less-populated shards, though.

I would like to see a consensual PvP system in trammel: Something like the old Roman Colisseum, where people could sign up to fight 1 on 1 and nobody would be allowed to interfere, but where spectators could bet gold on the outcome. Once the competitors entered the arena, it would be like an instance, where they couldn't leave until one was dead, and nobody else could enter and the arena would be an AOE free zone. The victor would get maybe 10% of the money that spectators bet; that would be a good non-item incentive to keep the fights honest. I can imagine having dozens of multi-million gold piece bets on the outcome of a fight between two really great PvPers.

Why arenas? A lot of people would like an alternative to either the pure PvM safety of Tram or the all-out, anything goes lawlessness of Fel. With an arena, players could PvP without being ganked, or any outside interference. A lot of Fel players would sign up for 1 on 1 duels; just watch the chat channel and you'll see all the challenges, then all the claims that somebody interfered on behalf of one or the other of the combatants, or the winner was killed by the loser's friends while he was still recovering from the battle. Two really great PvPers could have an all-out battle to the death without worrying about getting ganked if they win, or losing a lot of faction points if they lose.

Separating the Trammel and Felucca facets into separate shards wouldn't work. I like the safety of going home to Malas without getting ganked at my front door. When I want to PvP, I go to Felucca. When I want to PvM I have a huge choice of dungeons and monster spawns to choose from. When I craft, I don't have to worry about 3 or 4 mages spamming EQs at my door. Some people PvP the whole time they are online, but most of us probably PvP about 30% of the time and PvM or craft the rest. Given a choice, I can't see the law-abiding Trammies voluntarily uprooting to play on a fel-only server. In fact, some hardcore PvPers might think twice when they have to give up their Tram homes.

I could see all the Felucca facets consolidated, though. One felucca that everybody in the US shards was transported to when they wanted to PvP. Another for Europe and a third for Japan. That would increase the number of players in Fel dramatically. It would have some other interesting aspects, too. Since players from other shards would be there, people could do cross-shard trades a lot more easily. People from the really low-population shards would have access to goods that are currently over-abundant on high-pop shards. And the Felucca facet would have a huge, dynamic population. I can see some guild wars between guilds that operate on different facets. Cross-shard friendships and rivalries. Lots of benefits to players interacting with players from other shards.

The biggest problem with consolidation of the Fel shards into one big PvP shard would be housing. There would be a lot of ways to handle the problem. Increasing the land area would be one. Make a new Felucca that isn't just a copy of Trammel. Give it new towns, new dungeons, new land masses so all of the people who now live in Felucca could transfer their houses to the new Fel. If the devs were too lazy or busy to create whole new areas, the new Fel could just have all of the same land masses as Malas, Tokuno, illshenar (leveled a little to make placing houses easier) and Ter Mur, all empty and open for houses, for that matter. After all, you would have PvPers from a dozen shards playing there. Let players who currently have houses in Fel of their home shards have 90 days to find a new house spot, give the people with castles something like two weeks to place first, then people with keeps get a week, then large towers and max storage customized homes get 5 days, etc. so that people wouldn't be living in a castle and be reduced to an 8x8, and make moving easy; maybe a tool that lets them just move the whole existing home to a new plot the same size on the new Fel facet. Make new items that aren't overpowered, but that only spawn in the new Fel dungeons. I can already see the strategies for tackling a Slasher of Veils in a Fel ruleset dungeon full of factioners. Give people a good reason to go dungeon-crawling in Fel without bringing along 100 guildies to fight a faction war. Make the new Fel a place that people will be happy to move to, not one that makes them grumble about losing their old home spot.

I think that if it's handled properly, consolidating all of the Fels into just one for the US, one for Europe and one for Japan could be really good for the game as a whole.

G

Gal

Franky come back! I miss you guys tell Az and Crimmy to come back as well, WoW sucks and you know it!
Im the only active player in our guild and its boring on my own...
pleassssse come back
yours truly
working man

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have amended my comments with an edit where they regard expansions, letters, and what I am able to quote as written truth on these forums.

To quote the Bard, "My bad."

K

King Frankie

Franky come back! I miss you guys tell Az and Crimmy to come back as well, WoW sucks and you know it!
Im the only active player in our guild and its boring on my own...
pleassssse come back
yours truly
working man
Im still playing now n then just doing boring trammy crap with TWP so just pop an icq when you are on and we might do something more elaborated :)

As for Az n Crim i can say they are gone for good they wont be coming back im afraid :(

:heart:

B

Budweiser KDL

bud you need to relax some and realize the post was in the high end of ironi, OFC we dont want fel to be removed but it seems they only add or fix contents in TRAMMEL do you understand now or does it still say zzzzt?

Sorry I failed to see your sarcasm. It seemed with your bad spelling and punctuation you may have been upset. ;) People have been known to do that when they are angry.

B

Beer_Cayse

Let us not be a grammar nit-picker. If that person is on Europa, might it not cross your mind that English (US or Queens) is NOT their first language?

K

King Frankie

Let us not be a grammar nit-picker. If that person is on Europa, might it not cross your mind that English (US or Queens) is NOT their first language?
Indeed im Swedish and English is my secound language and its not out of anger i wrote. Its more out lack of respect towards EA wich i clearly stated.

But ok let UO die...

L

Lady_Mina

felucca is the root of the game.

Trammel , ilshenar and then all the other ugly facets came later on.

I could bare with just fel , tram and ilsh...but malas , tokuno , ter-mur...
and god knows what crap facet is next.

+ they cannot just delete a facet like it never happend...what about people their houses?

Fel is like the darkside , a lot of people like it.
Sure it seems dead like never before...but surprisingly SOMETIMES champs still get raided...sometimes people still get killed in fell.
Maybe once a day if you're lucky. lol

R

Raconteur

Trammies have had their arses powdered for to long!
If ya dont like Fel and the things that go on there the blue gate is that way.:eyes:

S

Scratch

fel players have one facet
tram players have five facets

i dont get why they always cry get rid of fel......why cant they just stay out of it instead......kinda like you avoid driving thru the ghetto......