• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

time for a protest? Jeremy responded & wants ur feedback!!!

• Thread starter imported_Krystal
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Krystal

Remember back in the day, like 5+ yrs ago, when they would decide to make a change to uo and it would be unwanted by 95% of the gamers so we would pick a shard and have a protest. the 3 protests i remember gms did show up for.
anyway, we all worried about the population of sp right? we all dont want ROT here anymore! we all think this would help our population.
so my suggestion is we have a protest. write the devs of time and place the protest will be. tell them we want ROT taken out! or they will just lose more players do to low population/boredom. pick a time and a place and all SP show up their, chanting AWAY WITH ROT!!
I love SP and every time i log on seems there is an idoc and less people everyday:(

G

I'll show, if I'm not at work.

I'll certainly sign any such petitions.

There'll be the usual siege problems, of course. I suggest having this protest at a non-factions town, in a guardzone, on blues.

lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

and it would be unwanted by 95% of the gamers so we would pick a shard and have a protest. the 3 protests i remember gms did show up for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, GM's showed up.

To throw us in the hoosegow.

EA doesn't take kindly to ingame protests, and they have a habit of tossing out suspensions to those who participate.

You've been warned :p

I

imported_Luka Melehan

I don't know. From the little I have seen, they seem receptive. We did get them to listen when we didn't want some things last year.

G

Great idea. You can even improve on it by creating a 50 tame 50 herd char and have your pets/herd help by being walking billboards.
*imagins several hundred sheep all renamed "Siege Rules" "ROT Bhaaad" ect parked in trammy luna bankies*

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am up for it as well! Sign The Peititons! Get The Sheep! No more rot! more people yay!! ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

pick a time and a place and all SP show up their, chanting AWAY WITH ROT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft, Krystal, do you want to drive away the RPers?? We should chant "Death to thee, RoT!"

We can always pelt the GMs with our plethora of snowballs from the accidentally re-released holiday gifts, if they show up and try to silence us.

-Skylark

P

pikon198

maybe not take out rot just speed it up. It's easy to get to gm or close to gm in most skills with GGS. BUT, from there it takes months too, unless you like grinding. I kinda like rot cause its the only shard i was able to take my skills up with no problem and no gaining walls

So just a rot improvement would suit me.

G

Don't protest, guys, send in feedback. This is something I've seen come up relatively regularly, but I definitely don't have a sense that it's something the majority of siege wants - unlike the blessed 8th anni items, where I have decent amounts of hard data.

Like ROT? Hate ROT? Just want the rate to be tweaked? Send me feedback!

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Rot is great. It has been radically changed once at least. When I started siege the gains were every 20 min, 40 min, hour. The current 5, 10, 15 min are a vast improvement.

I guess it is a question of if you want to power gain with macros or actually play to gain.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

So is this the top secret page where we're supposed to put all of our feedback that will get looked at?!??! I need to get some coffee, it's going to be a long night!!!

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Don't protest, guys, send in feedback. This is something I've seen come up relatively regularly, but I definitely don't have a sense that it's something the majority of siege wants - unlike the blessed 8th anni items, where I have decent amounts of hard data.

Like ROT? Hate ROT? Just want the rate to be tweaked? Send me feedback!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not create a poll or send out a survey to anyone who has played on Siege in the last few years? Inactive players should have a voice as well, since some of us may just be inactive because of the lack of this (or other) change and the consequences of that inaction for such a long time.

Or, I could be the only one that fits into that category... *shrugs*

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing that has always kept people away from Siege has been RoT. I can't remember the number of times I tried to get my friends from Baja to switch and the response was, "4-5 months to finish a char? I'll pass." I'm not saying RoT should be taken away, as stated before it eliminates skill grinding and saves on resources. RoT should be, in my opinion, increased from 2.1 to say 5 or 10. It would still give players a sense of accomplishment when they finish their char and honestly, who doesn't think a change like that will increase the population of the shard? Lots of people love the concept of "old" uo, not so much 5 months to build a char.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

On top of the survey, they should get a member or two of the development team and dedicate them exclusively to Siege. We have a different ruleset, and it needs special attention. These people could specialize in Siege, and ensure all the new content that goes through is appropriately filtered for Siege.

I volunteer!

I

imported_Krystal

just click the link heheh

alot dont like doing polls cause u can cheat at them, the link lets them go by accounts....

if i knew how id put the link in my first post:(

C

Chessy

Krystal although I think that rot sucks. I think that its a part of Siege. For years I have read posts about how SIEGE is better and so forth then other shards. With the removal of Rot. Guess what. Your now just like every other shard out there. If Rot is removed. The next thing that will be asked is for insurance for items. And if you DONT think so. Just look at how the Siege population is going at it just over Rot. With the decline of population on and in Siege. Its just not Siege. The rest of the shards are also losing members in a hurry. UO is dieing and having a painfull death at that.
Would I support the removal of Rot. NO !!! But then again I dont play UO any more. Rot is fine. Slow as tree sap , but fine. There have been MANY ways that OSI/EA have tryed to speed up the process. With the Blackrock , and Alacrity scrolls. Dont hate the game. Its YOUR choice to play and pay for the service that you have all asked for. If you dont like Siege then leave and go to a production shard.
I would applaud OSI/EA if they grew a backbone and said NO. Siege is to be a Vet shard ( Imo more trammies then anything else now ). Its ment to be different and HARD to gain and play. That is what makes Siege what it is. Thats the challange of it. I really think the PEOPLE of Siege ( The "Vets" ) should really sit back and get a grasp on the fact that they are losing the Shard to trammies from other shards. But thats just my opinion. Sorry krystal but I can not support something that I feel is good for the game.

Evil

I

imported_Krystal

rot doesnt make siege, rot is destroying sp cause no one wants to spend over 3 months making a char. people come to our shard to fight w/out insurance. without trem. most find it not worth the 3 months of aggravation. then not only after they are gm they still have to get 120 scrolls then do rot yet again. last month we had at least 20 new players running around luna bank. while i was at the bank i heard a guy saying how making a char is taken to much of his time and other guy agreeing. 2 points of skill aday dont seem bad to most vet players that gain 1 or 2 skills on a char when they stone a skill. but a new player gaining 7 to 9 skills and only having 2.0 skill a day cap to gain is nuts.
sorry but i totally disagree with u on this. u haven't played for a while now, u dont see the dieing population, the idocs almost everyday. As i said be4 i love this shard and i would like to see it start growing again

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent in my feedback. I am not in favor of removing Rot. I am in favor of seeing the timer and daily caps adjusted. I suggested raising the daily cap to 5 or 10 points and making the timer 5 minutes up through 100, then maybe 10 minutes between 100-120. I've seen similar suggestions like this in the past, and I thought that sounded good. If you disagree with me, hit the link and send in your own ideas!!

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Krystal. RoT is not what makes siege, its the fact only 1 item can be blessed. Siege would double in size the day after the patch went in that either took our RoT or lessed the time to make a char from 4 months to 1 month. After taking 2 years off i've found my love for uo again, the only problem is in order to mage pvp I have to start over. After 2 weeks i'm 80's everything, yet this is no wheres close to being a functional char in pvp or even pvm. The only thing keeping me going is the fact i've made a legendary char here before and realize the benefits of sticking with it. Sadly others have not done this and will not putforth 4 months worth of time to build a char.

G

I actually said the same thing when I sent feedback I said the cap needed to be raised and the time lowered or even possibly done away with that people have to work and its a pain trying to get online and get all your gains before the reset

M

MagicNinja

I actually like ROT, it's cheaper to gain in skills that cost money. Since I also don't have a lot of gaming time, I only need to put in a couple hours and log. It's a slow process raising multiple skills, but I prefer this than trying to constantly fight or use a skill for hours and hours, or wait for mana, etc, just for a smidget of a gain with the GGS. I think an increased cap for invidual skills would be nice, maybe something like 3.5%/2.5%/1.5%, or maybe just increase the daily cap.

Keep ROT

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Rot it is a hell of a lot easyer to do skills here than in Trammel Sailing Sucks.

Uncle Sam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i like rot, lots of skills i wouldnt want to train by trammie GGS. I have read stories of people playing a skill for hours for .1 gains, UGGHH!!! Isnt the GGS for some skills like hours and hours just for one gain?
Is this accurate GGS times, if it is no thanks for me!!
115.0 – 120.0 skill gain times for .1
10.3 hours for 350 total skills
27.7 hours for 500 total skills
51.0 hours for 700 total skills

G

RoT is a double edged sword. I, for one, am not sure I want to get rid of it. I might be for tweaking it some. I am not for GGS at all.

G

As for an in game protest. I am not for that at all in this instance. I have heard many stories of these sort of things going bad. Homegrown is correct on this. Take Jeremy's advice. *nods*

K

Khaza

I sent in feedback as well.

I don't mind the idea of ROT gains but it needs to be adjusted to a higher level or at the least be able to randomly gain as you continue to play.

For me it seems to be feast or famine...I can be on one day for many hours and have merely time for 20 minutes of gains the next few days. It would be nice to just be able to get on and have fun compared to worrying about the next timeframe for a gain.

G

The idea of a black rock sort of gain acceleration was good fun. Elements of risk and reward and all. The alacrity scroll thing is just boring.

I

imported_Krystal

those protest where people got banned, didnt know how to act, they stood there cussing and crying/spamming and wouldn't let the gms talk (the reason we were there). even crowd was yelling to boot them home:/

G

*nods* These sort of things can bring out the worst sort. Even with good intentions, you can not control what others do.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the consesus is to keep RoT but increase the gain cap from 3.6 and 2.1 to 5 or 10 and lower the time between gains.

Trolls T Hunter

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Rot but it just needs to be tweaked. I don't like the intervals between gains above 90 skill it's what 15 mins? It should be like 5 mins.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

I don't have a problem with ROT myself, but if that is what is keeping away new players...maybe.

I

imported_Krystal

had an idea maybe would plz everyone?

-raise rot from starting at 70 to start at 90 or 95. so rot would be 90 to 120
(rot was never highered when 120s came out)
-raise the skill cap from what is now to 10-15 points a day
-timer to around 10 min

anyway just an idea:/

G

That is a wonderful idea. RoT was concieved when GM was the best you could get. That 98 to 120 is a damn long haul.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Although i grew sick of polls and feedback and such in the days of Binky and Wilki, ill try it again this time

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

On top of the survey, they should get a member or two of the development team and dedicate them exclusively to Siege. We have a different ruleset, and it needs special attention. These people could specialize in Siege, and ensure all the new content that goes through is appropriately filtered for Siege.

I volunteer!

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods*...i went to vote errr give "feedback" and didnt see a siege choice so i left.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

You have to post a picture of a cat with words on it in U. Hall before you can get access to the Siege section of the help request.

It's a secret code.

M

mabesiege

I suggested the following.

0-90 just like it is now from 0-70

90-100- allow 10pts per day with 2 mins between

100-120 allow 6pts per day with 5 mins between

If a player logs in every day, they can gm 7 skills within a week. It will take roughly another 3 plus weeks to finish off to 110-120 range in all skills. For a total build time of a month or so. That's if they play every day.

J

Jason619

Why don't we make a ROT thread for kelmo to sticky? We can all put our ideas into it and vote on the best and most reasonable one. Once we decide, we ALL send that same idea in on the feedback form so that they know we have made up our minds. Lets get this going ASAP, the more we lag, the further it's going to get put on the back burner. When making the ROT schedule, make sure to be sensible about it.