• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Time & Cost

T

The_Traveler

What kind of time & in game costs am I looking at to build a treasure hunter?
Specifically - Cartography and Lock Picking.

Y

Yen Sid

Cartography is pretty easy especially if you use the satyr trick. I did it a little while back just crafting maps and it took about 10 or so hours to get to GM. Lockpicking on the other hand, I found to be very time consuming. After getting to like 95 you can go for hours picking chests and only get a 0.1 gain. I GGSed it up to GM after 90 or so lol. It only took a year or so to get to GM lmao. With SoTs now though I'm sure you could get it done in record time ;).

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Yen says, Lockpicking is VERY time consuming, I eventually bought 10 points in it just to hit GM. It is very very dull and hard work. :(

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very funny ....
First: Both skills are not too expensive to train. There are no powerscrolls for both at all. It is more expensive to build the skills around cartho + lp.
Cartho: Sell your drawn maps back to the npc.
Lockpicking: If you include dungeon chests into your trainings, you could even make money with it. (Not to mention that you get sometimes a decent item for further imbuing and lots of magical items for unravelling.
Since the saphir-method is already mentioned for cartho ... you can use it for lockpicking, too. That way it would be possible to train up to GM with a chest.
Not to mention that you will be able to train lp and cartho on lvl 1-4 t-maps depending on your actual skill. You dont need to start with lvl 6 maps. The lower ones are good for training your timing and what to do when the chest popps out.

S

Sir Rukkus

I GMed LP on both accounts using dungeon chests, doesnt take too long and is a lot more fun than following a satyr around...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can work both Lockpicking and Cart to GM using Satyrs. I did Lockpicking from Zero and only used 3 boxes (lots of Picks though). I do not recall how long it took, but it was WAY faster than hitting the dungeon chests, after you do GM made boxes to 95.