• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time Codes

M

mike1977

I bought 2 time codes for 2 accounts and they aren't working. Are they disabled or is it just a temporary glitch and should try to enter them again later?

G

Are the accounts with 7 days of expiring? I had to wait until my accounts were within 7 days of expiring before it would let me enter the codes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I bought 2 time codes for 2 accounts and they aren't working. Are they disabled or is it just a temporary glitch and should try to enter them again later?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me the codes and which account you were trying to apply them to. I'll take a look.

G

Instead of making a new topic, I will post here, as it is slightly related to Mike's problem.

I paid for a 90 day game code January 3rd. I have still not received it, or even gotten a reply to the question I submitted Jan. 9th. I have updated this issue twice, still no answer.

Again I see that I'm losing game time because customer support fail regarding Paypal payments. I don't know what to do anymore to catch their attention. It would be nice, if for once, codes would be sent out before any of my accounts are suspended due to billing issues.

G

Where did you buy it from? Was it from EA or an outside source? Has your current codes ran out already?

G

Yes, it was from EA, via Paypal. My account was suspended January 9th, 6 days after payment.

G

This happens to me too Katherine

I paid via Paypal on the 30 Dec. My account was suspended on 5th Jan. I had to e-mail cust services who then gave my the new code - which I couldn't get to enter. I put the code in and instead of getting the confirmation message it just reset the page *sigh* so I kept trying to put the code in. I looked and saw the EALand part in subscriiption and though aaaahh maybe they have to go in there now....... nope same thing

I got back in contact with cist services and they had to apply the code for me. I finally got back online on 10th Jan.

Im really get fed up with having to chase customer services up to actually get my code - it seems that they aren't actually processed untill this happens. I have filled in the 'customer satisfaction survey' accordingly.

Frustrated in UK

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im really get fed up with having to chase customer services up to actually get my code - it seems that they aren't actually processed untill this happens. I have filled in the 'customer satisfaction survey' accordingly.

Frustrated in UK

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem right here. We have to chase down customer service to get anything done. Only thing is, it takes so long to actually get ANY reply from them. Chasing them down, updating your questions, does nothing.

Not to mention that information found on the customer support site is obviously not correct. It says: allow 24 hours to process your payment. An EA Online rep told me it is actually 72 hours for Paypal payments. We have to wait a lot longer than that.

I am tired of this happening every time I renew my subscription. Next time this happens, I will not wait this long for my issue to be resolved (I have no doubt it will be a next time). I will simply contact Paypal and have my payment withdrawn. Maybe that will catch the attention of the billing department.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of this happening every time I renew my subscription. Next time this happens, I will not wait this long for my issue to be resolved (I have no doubt it will be a next time). I will simply contact Paypal and have my payment withdrawn. Maybe that will catch the attention of the billing department.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on that one - lets see how long it takes for EA to respond then

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, it was from EA, via Paypal. My account was suspended January 9th, 6 days after payment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you please e-mail me the details? [email protected]

G

I know that frustration well now.
My last paypal/ EA transaction took 26 days and numerous emails to the customer service people to get my codes.
Unfortunately I hadn't noticed the lapse earlier and my sims were evicted from their properties by the time the codes arrived (Whoever scored the nice grass/water lot in CC better send the customer services team a nice bouquet).
To say I was not impressed was an understatement.

This problem really needs to be addressed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Katherine and others,

What I did to skirt this issue was to have a Paypal debit card issued for that account at acts just like a checking acct debit card would....it has a Visa/MC logo but instead of drawing money out of your checking it draws money out of the available balance in your paypal account, and the transaction is instantaneous just like a cc or regular debit transaction would be.

Also too, if you can't do that for whatever reason, if you look on the left hand column of your paypal page, there's a new plug in that allows you to create 'Secure Cards' that generate debit card numbers for one-time usage that allow you also to pull funds from your paypal account. This would be perfect for anybody who did not qualify for the paypal debit card for whatever reason.

Just thought I'd bring that up to alleviate some of the headache people seem to be having trying to pay directly through paypal. Plus, doing it this way, you pay just the $9.95, not the $13.99 or whatever it was that direct Paypal payers have to pay, or having to buy 3 months worth of game time at a time.

ETA: Let's see if this works, here's the direct link on the Paypal Plug in I was talking about.

ETA2: Looks like the link will work, but you have to log into your paypal account to see it. If you can't get the link to work, the Plug in is listed on the left hand side of your page after you log in, under the heading "Tools".

Hope this helps!

G

I bought a time-card from EA, and was emailed a game code on January 12th. I called the customer service number after being told for the 50th time that they couldn't verify my code online, and was told to send an email to Tech Support because the CS center wasn't open until Monday. I am still waiting for the "response within 24 hours" to my email, and it is now Thursday the 17th!

I called on Monday, and the guy at customer service had to manually add the code to my account, which took almost a half hour. I was ready to kill someone.

It's not like I bought some skank card off Ebay and was trying to scam time!

I don't want to subscribe monthly, but I may have to if this happens again- it was horrible having the whole weekend with no SIMS!

G

Not to mention a major pain in the neck if you have to phone from outside of the states.

Polly

G

I am not eligable for the Paypal debit card OR the Paypal plugin, since I live outside the United States. So without a credit card, I am stuck with using 'regular' Paypal.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am not eligable for the Paypal debit card OR the Paypal plugin, since I live outside the United States. So without a credit card, I am stuck with using 'regular' Paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yuck! I didn't realize those things weren't available for non-US citizens

HOWEVER, all is not lost! What about a prepaid debit card that could be 'recharged' with money? Check out these sites: AllAcess Account Now GreenDot

I read over the Terms &amp; Conditions on these sites and didn't see anything indicating that those outside the U.S. were excluded, so this might be a place to start. I also know that Wal-Mart (though there aren't any in the UK, unbelievably) and some gas/service stations also sell prepaid cards, as do some drug stores. Prepaid debit cards might be an option for you for future months?

G

As far as I know, no gas/service stations or drug stores sell pre paid debit cards here. We also don't have Wal-Mart here. I will check out the links you provided tho, see if I am able to use at least one of them. Not sure where else to look for those cards :/

G

I contacted EA about this also. Not working for me either. I gave parizad my code and account name she should be able to put it on for you.

G

I checked out those cards, and I can't use any of them
Seems I'm stuck with Paypal, if I can't find a debit card in my own country

G

I sent my code to parizad and account name as requested still waiting to hear back.

G

In order to input my time codes that I had, I actually had to wait till I was sent an email that said my account would expire in 7 days. I tried several times before that to put the code in and it wouldn't let me. Just curious if those that are having problems have gotten an email such as that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In order to input my time codes that I had, I actually had to wait till I was sent an email that said my account would expire in 7 days. I tried several times before that to put the code in and it wouldn't let me. Just curious if those that are having problems have gotten an email such as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i get them

G

Yes I got that email. I waited a few hours after I received it before paying for a new code (90 day code this time). I have yet to receive a code, let alone an answer from customer support. I have updated my question 3 times, still nothing. It is really bad customer service to not even reply to issues. I am getting very very frustrated.

It's been 10 days since my account was suspended. This issue is causing me more grief than it's worth.

Edit: Grammatical issues....

G

That is not right at all!!!! This person is a paying customer. You deserve help!!!!

G

Apparently, being a paying customer is not always the same as getting what you actually paid for. I really don't know what to do anymore. I could ask Paypal to withdraw the payment, wait for my other account to run out of game time, and then quit playing alltogether. I don't WANT to quit playing, but feel I'm being forced to.

G

Check your PMs Lady Kat if you don't automatically when you log into the boards

N

niwa

so does this code work now? my account ran out so i need to buy a 3 month code.

G

I didn't get a code yet. And for your own sake, next time buy a new code at least 10 days before your accound runs out. To be on the safe side....

G

<blockquote><hr>

so does this code work now? my account ran out so i need to buy a 3 month code.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice to you is if you have to pay for the code with Paypal, hold off for a bit until it's figured out what's up with it. Seems like debit and credit card transactions are still going through normally though, so I'm not sure what's going on....whether it's Paypal's issue or EA's.

G

I know it's not a Paypal issue, as my payment is confirmed almost immediately, and the amount is withdrawn from my Paypay account well within 1 day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know it's not a Paypal issue, as my payment is confirmed almost immediately, and the amount is withdrawn from my Paypay account well within 1 day.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on whether its one single person that processes Paypal payments, since they were never done automatically like other sites do, or what. If it is one person, then obviously that one person isn't doing their job. My question has always been why *isn't* it automated, as in processed as soon as the payment leaves the person's paypal account like it should be. If it was, then it wouldn't be necessary for paypal subscribers to pay the extra $4 a month per account. That was the biggest reason I got the Paypal debit card...which is another thing I do not understand....why the debit card is not available to you guys who live outside the US. I know the UK has some of their own cc companies, but is Mastercard itself (since the Paypal debit card has only a MC logo, not a Visa) not accepted anywhere outside the US?

G

Of course mastercard is accepted outside of the US.

I know years ago EA wouldn't recognise my bank debit card and I had to use a credit card, but seems to have changed in the last year or two.

For what its worth, paypal transactions were going through directly when they were testing the ATM in the pub the other day, so maybe its a problem in EA's billing department.

Polly

G

I'm glad the ATM transactions went smoothly. That means I can use my other account to make money, and sell back to EA, since I can't use my main account anymore due to inablility to credit player accounts with game time.

I have great sympathy with 'old' players leaving, because of the way this game is being handled.

N

niwa

I just bought a code off ea but when i put the code in it doesnt work. it just refreshes the page. how do i get it to work?

G

Did you buy the code using Paypal, or was it a debit card, or what?

Also, is your account within 7 days of expiring? Someone said earlier in this thread (Ronin I think?) that they had to wait until their account was within 7 days of expiration before the site would accept the code, but when he did it within that time frame, it did indeed work.

Also, are you outside the US? I know, lots of questions, but just like the bug boards, the more info that is given concerning these issues the sooner TPTB @ EA can figure out which hamster isn't doing their job and do whatever needs to be done to make the little bugger run the wheel faster....whatever that might be. I hate to contemplate what might be in store for that poor little hamster, actually

All joking aside, I'm sorry you all are having the issues and I hope they all get worked out soon!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just bought a code off ea but when i put the code in it doesnt work. it just refreshes the page. how do i get it to work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get in contact with EA Customer Servces - they will have to apply the code for you (as they had to with mine)

It seems that not only is there a problem with EA processing our payments and getting out time codes to us, there's also a problem with the code entry page too

If it's not one thing it's another at the moment

N

niwa

I bought my code using mastercard and my account has already expired for a couple days. And I am from Canada. I js sent a PM to Parizad so hope it works soon.

G

Inside the United States and Canada: dial 1-866-543-5435

Outside the United States and Canada: dial 650-628-4306

Well, if Parizad doesn't answer today, at least you'll be able to get EA Customer Support on the phone tomorrow toll free, since the toll free number does work in Canada as well as the U.S. Doesn't help our friends/players in the UK and other parts of Europe, but I guess EA doesn't provide a toll free number to there because technically the game was never released anywhere outside the US and Canada besides Japan. Does seem since anybody can download the free trial that they would have extended the toll free service, but probably didn't because of the lack of revenue TSO was bringing in. One can only *hope* that the new EA Land will meet expectations and they will take into consideration how many players are not receiving toll-free phone support at that time (whatever the numbers will be) and will provide toll free numbers at least to Europe. Doesn't mean it *will* happen, but I still remain hopeful!

I

imported_LFancey

Ahoy,

Arrgh this be something we be workin on fur sure.

Seriously we know this is an issue and we are working to resolve it as quick as we can.

Lee

G

I'm very glad to read that it's being worked on. I assume things are hectic for y'all, with the opening of EA-Land and all the changes to the game. Hopefully my issue will be resolved aswell, I miss me simmies

N

niwa

after calling ea they made me verify my creditcard number. problem is that it is a old credit card that i used maybe 4 years ago so i dont have it anymore. so they wont activate my code. i got tired of waiting for them to fix it so I just activated it by monthly fee. When i go to login to Ea Land it says, "City Ealand is only addmiting paying customers purchase a subcribtion from ea..." I go into my account in EA.com and it says im subscribed so i dont know whats going on. Will wait another day..

G

<blockquote><hr>

after calling ea they made me verify my creditcard number. problem is that it is a old credit card that i used maybe 4 years ago so i dont have it anymore. so they wont activate my code. i got tired of waiting for I just activated it by monthly fee. When i go to login to Ea Land it says, "City Ealand is only addmiting paying customers purchase a subcribtion from ea..." I go into my account in EA.com and it says im subscribed so i dont know whats going on. Will wait another day..

[/ QUOTE ]

You just hit a known bug, returning players are not being allowed into EA Land for some reason...but they can create sims in the production cities and TC3 in the meantime while they wait on this to be fixed.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your other code activated, but I've had the problem you described with other things. If I were you, I'd call the CC company and ask them what they suggest you do....describe the situation, and they can report the card lost/stolen and send you a new card. They might even be willing to reverse that charge to EA since you could not get EA to activate the code. At least you're back in the game and playing again. Your best bet as far as that goes is to create sims in the cities that are going to be merged the soonest, that way you can either take the bullet train into EA or get merged ASAP if for some reason they don't have this bug fixed in the next couple days. That's what I would do anyway. Still bites, but it at least gets you in the game and playing, which is better than being totally locked out. Or you could just create in TC3 for now and play there since alot of people are still playing there, and that sim would not count against the 4 that you are going to be allowed in EA Land.

Whichever way you decide to do it, I'm glad you at least got ahold of someone at EA. I've been on the phone with them sometimes for up to a half-hour at a time, and usually end up with headaches trying to communicate with those guys with THICK accents *sigh*

I

imported_Poppy Darling

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

after calling ea they made me verify my creditcard number. problem is that it is a old credit card that i used maybe 4 years ago so i dont have it anymore. so they wont activate my code. i got tired of waiting for I just activated it by monthly fee. When i go to login to Ea Land it says, "City Ealand is only addmiting paying customers purchase a subcribtion from ea..." I go into my account in EA.com and it says im subscribed so i dont know whats going on. Will wait another day..

[/ QUOTE ]

You just hit a known bug, returning players are not being allowed into EA Land for some reason...but they can create sims in the production cities and TC3 in the meantime while they wait on this to be fixed.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your other code activated, but I've had the problem you described with other things. If I were you, I'd call the CC company and ask them what they suggest you do....describe the situation, and they can report the card lost/stolen and send you a new card. They might even be willing to reverse that charge to EA since you could not get EA to activate the code. At least you're back in the game and playing again. Your best bet as far as that goes is to create sims in the cities that are going to be merged the soonest, that way you can either take the bullet train into EA or get merged ASAP if for some reason they don't have this bug fixed in the next couple days. That's what I would do anyway. Still bites, but it at least gets you in the game and playing, which is better than being totally locked out. Or you could just create in TC3 for now and play there since alot of people are still playing there, and that sim would not count against the 4 that you are going to be allowed in EA Land.

Whichever way you decide to do it, I'm glad you at least got ahold of someone at EA. I've been on the phone with them sometimes for up to a half-hour at a time, and usually end up with headaches trying to communicate with those guys with THICK accents *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

I purchased 2 game codes from the EA store on 24th but each time I have entered the code it only refreshes the page and nothing happens.
I have tried again today an now it tells me that they cannot be verified.
I sent a message to one of the dev's asking for help but have not received a reply yet. I am not prepared to phone the US as the cost of the phone call could mean certain divorce.
Does anyone know if EA are working on repairing the account page where you enter the time codes and if so has there been an update on how long they expect it to take?

G

As Lee said in the post just a few up from here:

"Ahoy,

Seriously we know this is an issue and we are working to resolve it as quick as we can.

Lee "

They know about it and they are working on it. In the mean time Parizad is your best bet for a direct solution.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

<blockquote><hr>

As Lee said in the post just a few up from here:

"Ahoy,

Lee "

They know about it and they are working on it. In the mean time Parizad is your best bet for a direct solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for responding, I will try what you suggest.

G

I had this too - i got back in contact with cust services on the same log that they gave me the code and they applied my code for me