• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time again for a plea to raise stable slots...

G

You just put the pet where you want it and "i wish to lock this down" and target the pet. It will be locked down in normal size.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I still have that squirrel. I thought it was a weasel, though. He is pretty tough now.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Woolf is waiting to kick his butt

Signed

G

/signed

I have a squirrel and a ferret that I've had since ML came out on my bard. I recently found myself in need of a blue beetle. Wound up having to transfer my squirrel to another character so I had room for the beetle.

My miner, on the other hand, has a blue beetle, fire beetle and pack horse. I've had the pack horse since I started playing almost 9 years ago. OK, yeah, silly but I'm sort of attached to the pack horse.

Since your follower slots control the number of pets you can have OUT at any one time, I really don't see why we can't get a bit of an upgrade to stable slots.

Pretty Please?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You just put the pet where you want it and "i wish to lock this down" and target the pet. It will be locked down in normal size.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only issue with that is for those of us that enjoy our pets *animated* some how a bunny statuette on the lawn of our home is not the same as it would be silent just sitting there. I would rather have a bunny hutch at home ie lil home stable ( with assorted slots) per animals sizes, so when I want to hear bunny make bunny noises or pet mongbat there it is, in our own barnyard home stable in its lil cage or fenced in area, and it moves talks etc. so long as they remain well fed and happ and tame ie if it goes wild it poofs gone thus, not attacking any walkers by etc near our homes,
ie just extra slots someway besides making them inanimate objects, would be my preferance course we do not *see* em stabled but maybe ...if bunny hutched at home, or if they added little home customised new items like *home stablings* which we could add to our homes, then we could occassionally see em moving IN our stable at home, just hopping about in there and making some noises..be more fun I think.

*although they probably could never code nor implement that idea of home stable slots and some animation too, * but one can dream.
I mean my COW statue isn't even a pet cow but IT makes noise on my lawn !
Be nice if me pet lively non statued bunnies or pet mongbats could like their counterpart statues do in my home, make sound at least or a bit of animation like they still active/alive not statuetted, in their *bunny hutch* in our home *stable* set up.

But whatever works easier if they would add to our pets slots for us all, not just tamers ..be better than none added at all.

G

/signed

Non tamer players have 5 control slots and two stable slots.

Seems a bit off.

I had to lose my battle chicken named "Ultra Mega Chicken"
So I could have a 3rd backup mount (I get dismounted alot).

Perhaps though its time we changed how they work.

Perhaps we should be alotted "mount" slots, "House Pet" (RP/Fun, like a wolf, squirrel, ferret, dog, chicken) slots and "Attack Pet" slots (Dragons &amp; stuff).

G

That's not a problem for me, considering one of my houses is 1-2 screens away from a Stable/Inn in Malas, it's pretty cool.

F

frodofeet

/signed

I'm not against the idea of having to work to gain more slots. The upper limit should def be a lot higher though. Esp. now that pack instincts are encouraged.

Also, if you're sad like me, and just like collecting animals for the sheer fun of it then I't be great if the whole thing was more 'collection' like (I hate to mention Pokemon, but yeah kinda similar to that!)

G

Agreed !

Perhaps the entire slots pet players slots per player need some major overhaul, lots of pets are just fun or cute or roleplay only...and we are NOT all tamers. I love mongbats, I like these new bunnies, *wishes we could tame the cranes just to keep em around* ...some folks into the ferrets and squirrels, others like llamas non rideables, or mongbats
they not mountables per say, not killaz pets, just cuteseys and we do not get room to keep those. *and some whom tinker just love golems* too many slots hogged up ... for their reduced egos and nerfing. If I wanna build and take me pet golem out for *walkies*...........have to stable something like me beetle, which IS my crafters mount ..can not even summon a daemon while on a beetle...which makes no sense per say cuz any summoned critter is soon GONE...so don't let them summoned ones and the beetle stack up our followers in game since the one is just temporary..............yet if a sand vortex comes at me while ON my beetle game wont let me summon a deamon to smack that sand vortex shouting *too many followers* but the daemon is not sticking around anyways...........so they shouldnt even hog real pet slots up.

And to those whom shout ninja forms should take slots too..........some of us are only ninjas NOT your stealthing tamer one hit wonder killers pvping with our leap frogging across Britania...we just like being ninjas..dont make my *forms* become pet slots too !

G

Lol, i was once a Seer on a Private Shard that had them "Hitching Posts" that allowed player's to turn their pet's into statues and use the statue to reclaim them. In our off time during no Ques, me and a few GMs would run around Shrinking (Through Powers, not Hitching Posts) all the different types of monsters/animals in a competition, and put them in a Bagball. It was like a parody of Pokemon. Gotta catch them all and put them in Bagballs! Parody of Pokeball, lol.

I

imported_Legacyee

/signed
I need more stable slot on all my characters.

What I would like to see is a craftable kennel, that I could use in my house to store pets in and be able to sell it to non-crafters, only made by legendary carpenters with parts made by a legendary tinker, and it could be used the same as a vendor or bod book.

and please fill the book-cases.

G

Meh that is also another issue..........not every crafter even gets the option to become 120 legendary simply because the dev. team never tossed out any power scrolls for some skills at all, utterly ignored those skills ..heck for that matter why are not gm potions *marked* in bottles and kegs auto like a tunic is for a tailor ?

Legendary chefs, legendary carpenters, legendary tinkers, etc. pick any of the skills that they never created pwr scrolls for and we stuck at 100.0 period. *not like that is a complaint per say but if they would develop home cages or stable etc. then it better only take 100.0 to make them or they get us pwr scolled up like all the skills they did force to 120. rest of the skills just got ignored thus never got pwer scrolls so stuck at 100.0 perma like too many inconsistancies or inequalities cuz not ever skill has been permitted the pwr scrolls nor 120.0 legendary statuses as achievable.

G

/signed

I agree, i have a pack of hellcats and other pets i use for RP like giant ice worms etc etc and i don't have enough slots for other pets i want

D

DarkChronus

I didn't read all the way through this thread, but I read the first little bit.

I would agree more slots are needed

G

I agree it needs to be increased, but I think everyone should have the same base stable slots and then maybe devise a system where players can pay a one time fee to open additional slots with it becoming more expensive with each slot ... 1k, 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, etc. Existing mounts could be grandfathered in until they are removed for people whose accounts aren't active.

Let's say everyone has a base of 6 slots and someone has 10 animals in their stables when this goes in. Those animals in excess over 6 don't disappear, but if they remove one and wish to restable it (or stable anything else) they will have to buy the slots to fit all current animals and so on and so forth until they reach slots equal to animals.

This would become a small gold sink if nothing else and honestly the cost to any existing 120/120/120 tamer should be relatively small overall to reach their current slots. I have a tamer with max slots and I would be willing to do this if it meant I could have more pets on my other chars. I use low-end tamed animals a lot in role-playing and it sucks to be able to stable only two without changing my template. In my opinion it wouldn't be unbalanced because people will have to invest gold to get the extra slots and frankly the same requirements to owning and being able to control an animal still apply.

S

Smakkatron Jones

Ya more stable slots for sure! They were a bit low when first introduced, and have never been upgraded to compensate for all the new cool pets we all want (need

Besisdes it's so boring to see everyone always running around with the same old pets when there are so many others to play with.

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just simply want 1 more slot for all my characters. I want a Blue Beetle and a Firebeetle, and maybe a pet Squirrel for my Crafter, but also have room for a Golem. I think Beetles are ugly, but it's dang impossible to do any work without having one. I think things like Squirrels and Bunnies should take up only 0.5 or 0.25 slots, they should not take up as much room as a full size horse should!

G

What i find interesting is 4 pages worth and no one from EA has popped in with anything. Good sign or bad?
Theres no reason that i can think of to not let us be able to have more pets. If i had the room id get a lil troop going and walk around like snow white!!!

B

Budweiser KDL

Maybe EA will figure a way to charge us for an account upgrade for extra pet storage!!!!!!! Like for our house's!!!!!

I'd pay EA another $19.99 for five more stable slots!!

G

I hope not. I wouldn't pay rl $ to upgrade my accounts for more stable slots, but I would be willing to dump gold into more if I had the option.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, to be fair, it is the weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I was hoping to keep it bumped to the first page until Monday night, and with the 4 pages of 100% positive responses I don't see why we shouldn't at least get a comment from Jeremy at least.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm 100% for this. I already had to give away the squirrel Connor has had since the first week of the ML release when they made the BoS change so I would have room in his stable for a beetle. I was actually a little sad his little hop-a-long buddy had to go away.

G

They shouldn't add 120 to Carpentry, Tinkering, Fletching, Cooking, Alchemy, etc. Shouldn't force someone to rework there template and eat some Powerscrolls to become the best at a skill they were already the best at. They added 120.0 to Smithing and Tailoring because they were the main Crafting skills.

I

imported_Sarphus

I'd love to have more stable slots...
I made a bunch of extra tamers just so I could store the pets I want. It's a pain.

G

I just realized what is probably going to happen, it's just like all the little stuff they keep giving us and hoping we will pay for more housing storage to save it all. UO will make available "For only $19.99" new increased stable slots.

T

Tark_Smash

Definatly need more for non tamers. I have a war horse and blue beetle in mine, dont have room for a Hiryu when I run bushido

More slots!!

I

imported_herc

It would be nice if some info about the pet was viewable via the stable. I have no idea which pet is which because I don't claim them that often.

D

dwayneDibley

I am all for increased stable slots, especially as next expansion is bound to have new critters for taming.

G

As it has been mentioned before, a hitching post at our houses
would be awesome...maybe have each pet take up a designated
amount of storage space. I.E. each pet takes up 20 storage or
something along those lines.
And yes, I would pay for more stable slots, I did house storage.
Such the collectors we are.

We have so many tameables out there and new ones on the
horizon I am sure that it makes it difficult. And Crafters really
have a problem with only having 2 I believe it is.

And yes, this is a shameless bump..but this thread has been
really positive, I dont want Jeremy to miss it.

G

Please!

Squirrels, ferrets, birds, bunnies, giant gummy worms...the list of cute pets we'd LIKE to have "just because" is long, and the stable is small (especially for non tamers). Not to mention that there are 80 bazillion color shades of many of the more "practical" pets such as cu sidhes &amp; hiryus, and the "pack" considerations for tamers who like variety. Even a few more slots would be welcome.

-Skylark

L

Lilith_Mauvais

I don't see the harm in increasing stable slots. A greater variety of pets for all especially since there are certain pets everyone needs from time to time. With certain beetles being very much required for mining, lumberjacking, and general crafting, my crafter can't have any of the amusing pets.

G

I must admit, even my crafters have full stables and want more pets. I'd like to have a pack of pack hossies for moving materials around without risking any deaths to ogres etc outside my house.

Wenchy

G

Jeremy...we know you are out there...please can we get some kind of a response

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

If this gets implemented, then I want my BOD books to take up a single space in my house and backpack rather than the 2000 they take up now.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*pops in the old suggestion of letting people stable critters in their homes using up vendor slots*

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet..

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That'd be one less reason to go to town. As it stands, we need a lot more reasons.

G

While the idea of home stables is novel, like it was said theres another reason to not go into a city, loose out on the stable interactions which are sometimes quite fun. More so when someone has a really impressive animal.
Double the amounts on what we can have. Still have the increase with skill just with one more per

O

Oppurtunity

I'd love it if they made stable slots unlimited, but of course still kept it so you could only have 5 animals out at a time.

G

Maybe we should make this a "Five on Friday" question if we don't
get any responses by then.

G

Totally agree! =)

I would *love* to have more slots...I love my loyal companions, and I'm always meeting new furry friends whilst exploring that I'd like to keep, but alas, not enough room. *sigh*

I love the cats and panthers, especially! The "purring" sound is just too adorable! Besides, every magikal lady needs a black cat!

I

imported_Charleigh

Just adding my name too! I havent played UO for months and just came back yesterday to find out that taming dragons is worthwhile again

Unfortunately i logged back in to check on my stable to find 14 pets already there, fat and lazy from not being sent out on the usual suicide missions, so i had to do a bit of juggling with a tamer from my other account just so i had the space to stable one of these bad boys

I cant bear to get rid of any of my old friends and now that i have a new drag to play with, my stable is full again

I really cant see a reason why we cant have more stable slots, and its so annoying that we get these new tameables but no extra room to store them! And now there are bunnies to collect!!! oy vey!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I cant bear to get rid of any of my old friends

[/ QUOTE ]

I think quite a few players feel this way. The whole out with the old, in with the new concept might be OK for a sword, but doesn't really go over well for pixel "pets".

-Skylark