• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thunderdome registration thread

• Thread starter SUPRsalad
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SUPRsalad

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE!

Tina Turner wants YOU to fight in the thunderdome!

*Thunderdome is now sponsoring one additional event, primarily for reasons of pride, and nostalgia: Pure mage class. Currently there is *only one division. The rules are as follows:
*Template must be exactly: 120-mage.med.eval.resist.insript.focus. *The focus is optional and most likely unnecessary.
*Admission is 100k for this division, and the prize insignificant. This is about pride, folks. (most likely a fist of mils wouldn't hurt too)
*must use a lantern. (if you don't have one, one will be provided for you) also, you can arm both a lantern and a book in each hand, so whatever book you wish to use is okay. (tomb, scrapper etc.)
This is done so that wrestling damage cannot be inflicted.

*championship brackets are published here: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=322103

*please read the rules carefully, they have changed, again* Due to popular demand:
NEITHER DIVISION of mage class supports pots/apples. Strength and dex pots still okay, but no heal, cure, refresh, and NO APPLES! At this point, food is still okay until further notice.

ALSO, there will be NO DISARM allowed in any class or division, and using CREATE FOOD bug will cost you the round as well.

This thread is strictly for registering your fighter(s) with the thunderdome. For more information, see 'Thunderdome entry thread'.

Currently, the thunderdome is hosting four separate championships:

Mage class: Division one, and division two.
Gimp class: Division one, and division two.

Please register in this format: (if you're too lazy to register on stratics, or your ip has been banned, just let me know via icq and ill register for you)

Name of character
class and division
icq number and icq name

I know most of the pvpers on the shard, so please, kyrite, baron, egg, and anyone of the other 'elite' players, you are barred from division 2 mmkay?

please register only one fighter per bracket. YOU ARE allowed to change your fighter, depending on who you are fighting, so long as you still meet the requirements.

Once you are registered, youll need to pay yr registration fee: 100k for division 1, 50k for division 2. (no im not trying to get rich, its just to HELP me afford prizes) After paying, you'll be seeded, and yll want to get a rune to the thunderdome so that when you are required to fight, you can report asap.
Ill go ahead and post the rules and requirements here:

requirments for mage class:
1. must have magery and eval.
2. must not have taming/lore

requirements for gimp class:
1. no taming!
2. no summons/pets

Rules for all classes/brackets: These are all automatic TKO's for that round: (please say something if you don't like it, all rules are still negotiable before all fighters are seeded)
1. no orange petals. period. before or after.
2. no pets/summons.
3. no alt. forms
4. no leaving the fighting area
5. no spellweaving buffs unless they are casted AFTER the wall falls
6. no invis! at all!
7. no energy field/stone walls
8. i can change the rules whenever i want, so long as its BEFORE the championship begins.

With the exception of mage-class, division 1,
these are full template mounted duels. (dismounts are fine) All fights are best out of three. pots, apples, bolas, boxes, are all permissible items. This is a double elimination championship series, which means, two losses, and yr eliminated. furthermore, you need to defeat the highest ranked fighter TWICE to win the championship series.

The prizes are still undecided, but right now, im thinking division one prize is verite hammer, division two prize is five barb kits? still up for debate, but something along those lines. If this gets popular, id like to get to the point of giving val hammer for div 1, verite for div 2.

Betting: Once, I have published the finished brackets online, everyone can feel free to bet on the fights. MONEY MUST BE PUT UPFRONT! that is, if i don't have your check(s), you aren't betting. all bets must be equal (matched).

S

SUPRsalad

So far, I have:

Pink Floyd
mage class, division 1.

Verdex, (still need your actual character names, and icq number and name)
mage class, division 2
gimp class, division 2

Myself,
mage class, division 2

This is not a one day all at once 'tournament' per se, more, a full template pvp championship series.

S

SUPRsalad

baron, Im assuming your registering
gimp class, division 1.
thats fine and dandy, but i HAVE to have a way of getting a hold of you..
please? i promise not to give your icq to anyone/ bother you with anything but thunderdome stuff. you can pm it to me if you don't want it public.

S

SUPRsalad

thx war. gotcha.

I thought id mention this at this point:

winning division 2 championship bars you from competing in division two again.

All players who lose twice in division one will then face eachother in a single all v all deathmatch. The first person to drop will be barred from competing in division one again. (until they win div 2 championship) The last man standing will win something of good value!

O

Ooguk [Cove]

baron, Im assuming your registering
gimp class, division 1.
thats fine and dandy, but i HAVE to have a way of getting a hold of you..
please? i promise not to give your icq to anyone/ bother you with anything but thunderdome stuff. you can pm it to me if you don't want it public.
I will give u my Icq in game not over stratics or all the girls will stock me :/

R

Rumpelstiltskin

eggy cant even beat kruger and cant use a pet he aint killinganyone

S

SUPRsalad

not my problem.. he either registers div 1 or not at all.. if hes as bad as you say, hell end up in div 2 before long...

S

SUPRsalad

let me just reiterate the registration format:

name
class (mage, or gimp)
division (one or two)
icq (or pm it to me)

S

SUPRsalad

I've changed the thunderdome a bit.. each consecutive floor hangs one tile further out for max view. the top two floors are general public viewing areas and they cannot attack/heal the floor.

the floor

second level/friends/refs/bookie (two tile balcony)

third floor, general public (three tile balcony)

fourth, general public, (four tile balcony)

S

SUPRsalad

thanks to :

Foxlord (division 2 gimp)

for paying and registering.
you'll be contacted when we need you.

(or refund you if this doesn' get going)

S

SUPRsalad

Awesome epic. thank you!

Also, special thanks for Kreuger for registering AND making a generous donation of 3.9mil! I appreciate it Krueger, as I am paying this all out of my own pocket.

Kreuger is division 2, mage

M

MasterP

Div 1 mage

Div 2 gimp

There now stop harassing me in vent :) if you wish to mssg me to bad.

S

SUPRsalad

Thank you Shin,

paid 100k.

S

SUPRsalad

A warm round of applause for:

AIRES!
registered, Mage, Division 1 AND
Gimp, division 1. (watch yr ass baron)
200k paid up

now, get the rest of those sons registered

S

SUPRsalad

*making breakfast for dinner*

ill start making the brackets when im done eating :danceb:

S

SUPRsalad

THANKS to EURTIDES AND WICCAN BRIM!

Wiccan: registered:
Mage, Division 1 and 2 (awesome)

eurt: registered:
Mage, Division 1 and 2 (dbl awesome)

thanks guys, 300k paid in full.

S

SUPRsalad

Ladies and gentlemen,

Cloud
paid.

casper
paid.

thanks a bunch guys. hope to see the rest of son! fall in line.
(gimp class needs more fighters)

S

SUPRsalad

Before I crash, let me say a few things, and answer some FAQ:

thanks to everyone who is registering! this will be fun, i promise.
special thanks to balian. the bracket website is awesome.
special thanks to kreuger. 3.9mil in donation to the thunderdome project.
thanks to Pink Floyd. I've been working hard on this and your help is appreciated
thanks to velvathos. We will let you know when the fighters are ready.

now, some FAQ:

q. when will this thing begin?
a. when we have enough people registered to start. We need even numbers
so everyone has an opponent.

q. do i have to use the same template for every fight?
a. no, but you do have to use the same template for every ROUND. yeah, that means if yr factions, yll have to wait out stat for yr next round.

q. does my fight have to be at the thunderdome?
a. no, but both fighters must agree on the place and time.

q. 'when is this tourney gonna be held?'
a. its not a tourney, its a championship series. The fights take place when both refs, and both fighters are present.

q. can i choose who i fight?
a. no.

q. can me and all my guildies use the same BA suit for all our fights?
a. of coarse.

q. wheres my money???
a. on the second floor of the t-dome. its all locked down there and accounted for in each registration post. this way, everyone can see how much money im NOT making on this.

q. why won't baron pay his 100k, and keeps making excuses?
a. im not sure.

q. who is reffing this thing, and how will they know if someone has broken the rules?
a. Either myself, pink, or both, as well as a ref from SON, (hopefully they nominate someone) and we will know if someone breaks the rules because it will be fairly obvious with both fighters in party, so we can monitor all 6 of their bars.

B

Balian of Asgard

q. why won't baron pay his 100k, and keeps making excuses?
a. im not sure.
lol

EFFING wicked man!!!!

Kudos to you and the crew!!!!

If I enter am I div 2?

Im like 1 month rusted junk

S

SUPRsalad

at this point, im letting anyone register div 1 if they want.. just the people who are obviously leet are barred from 2. you can register for all four divisions if you like. just keep in mind, if you lose twice, and are disqualified, you go into the ring with all the other dbl dq'ers for a battle royale! if you drop first, yr barred from playing div 1 till you win div 2!

S

SUPRsalad

Ill go ahead and register ICE at this point.. (cus i know he wants this!)

I love you ice..
i hate you ice..
but i love you..
because i hate you...
so i love you.

(still a little bitter that ice boy joined son, rather than supr when he left M.. its cool tho, i know you go way back with the GB's.)

you owe me a 100k

ICE.
Division 1 mage

*claps*

S

SUPRsalad

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

a warm round of applesauce for:

KING KYRITE!

div1, mage AND gimp!

*claps*

Thank you sir, 200k paid in full.

S

SUPRsalad

Now if i can just get Sargon and Stuggotz to join up...

who else in M is good?

Also, if anyone knows Dark Sith better than i do, can we please talk him into this?

S

SUPRsalad

we've got some pretty good lineups at this point and Im going to start the betting process:

ill start low.

Kyrite vs Baron: i bet 1 mil on kyrite.
takers?

V

Verdex

Verdex
Mage
division 2

Xenos
Gimp
division 2

Thanos
Gimp
division 2

I must make a note that I don't play much during the week due to lag. For some reason I seem to run the best on Friday and Saturday nights...

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only thing i really don't agree with..is the pots/apples etc..it has never been accepted in standard dueling in the past..or else you are just forcing people to change their templates for the tourny..

if i dont have to cure because of pots i might as well pull off 120 resist..and if i dont have to remove curse because of apples..im just going to take off chivalry..

If you remove pots/apples etc it makes things much more fair and it doesnt make skills pointless to have..Also it would be kinda lame if a close fight came down to who had more in their bag

S

SUPRsalad

the only thing i really don't agree with..is the pots/apples etc..it has never been accepted in standard dueling in the past..or else you are just forcing people to change their templates for the tourny..

if i dont have to cure because of pots i might as well pull off 120 resist..and if i dont have to remove curse because of apples..im just going to take off chivalry..

If you remove pots/apples etc it makes things much more fair and it doesnt make skills pointless to have..Also it would be kinda lame if a close fight came down to who had more in their bag
I am perfectly willing to change these rules if you get more support for it. I don't care either way, Im just trying to appeal to different crouds.

S

SUPRsalad

Verdex
Mage
division 2

Xenos
Gimp
division 2

Thanos
Gimp
division 2

I must make a note that I don't play much during the week due to lag. For some reason I seem to run the best on Friday and Saturday nights...
THanks for signing up verdex. However, you can register only one fighter per division. I'll just go ahead and sign you up for mage and gimp division 2.
that'll be 100k please. Ill q you.

S

SUPRsalad

Special thanks to: Wagasm, for offering your help! I can use all i can get buddy! (also, War is going for the hammer, and signed up div 1 as well)
Special thanks to: Silk/honu: donation of two barb kits! :danceb:

AND, thanks to STUGGOTZ of M for registering:

mage, division 2
gimp, division 1

150k paid in full.

S

SUPRsalad

Attn: Due to a high volume of pancakes, Casper has been barred from division 2. Sorry casps, they say yr way too good, lady! I hope its alright still.. at least now, you have a shot at that verite hammer! (plus, maybe the rest of us get to see you and cloud fight it out)

Ill go ahead and move you, you need not pay the other 50k for entry into div 1.
well consider it compensatory, ill pay it. Thanks casper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

S

SUPRsalad

Thaks pyro,
for registering

gimp, division 2.
50k paid in full.

S

SUPRsalad

Special thanks to Verdex, for the 900k donation on top of his entry fee!

mage/gimp div 2
just to remind myself, you are brian in icq

S

SUPRsalad

War, is now authorized to register fighters/edit brackets/accept fees/donations.

S

SUPRsalad

OH and thanks to kreuger again! for his generous donation of that weird champ idol thing we got at the harry here a while back. Surely it can be sold for a nice profit. *thank again kreug* :thumbsup:

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if anyone needs to register or has any questions..feel free to message me

AIM: Msagraw

S

SUPRsalad

Thanks to
Bud:

150k paid in full

S

SUPRsalad

thanks to:
pink floyd, 5 million in donation to the thunderdome project! :danceb: best moderator EVER.

S

SUPRsalad

rad, thanks to Dark Sith! :thumbsup: classy entry! You made division one! Now you can try to get a verite hammer! /end sarcasm

Ill go ahead and pay the other 50k for you. . .
also, you didn't even give me yr icq.. how would i possibly get a hold of you?...
sick moves dude :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.