• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threads of (fate/thought/life)?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mag souls seem not to give out threads of thought, not one in the two hours I was there.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well simply cast exorcism on the forsaken souls. You´ll recieve a thread of thoughts now and then (dropping in your backpack).

Did you get any threads of fate? I killed gazillion of the corrupted souls without any effect.

L

Lord Drakelord

Problem I am having is you cannot read the quest message once you accept the quest, I know you can do the quest once per char, {I think?}, but what threads are we being ask for when we accept the quest? Fate/thought/life? Till they change that, I am stuck with guessing and searching for all the threads I can get on TC.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use quest button in paper doll then the forward button in quest gump to see quest requirements.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope in the next patch they make the threads visible in your backpack in grid form or no longer white squares in backpack form in KR.

I do wonder if the threads i have home already from passed event are also good enough to turn in.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope in the next patch they make the threads visible in your backpack in grid form or no longer white squares in backpack form in KR.

I do wonder if the threads i have home already from passed event are also good enough to turn in.
Yep, those can be used as well for this.

C

Connor_Graham

Part of the new quests to save Mag/rebuild.
I just looked at the pub notes again, and it doesn't say anything about turning anything in, only on what drops what and where. Where is this info found?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its going to even more tricky to collect threads when a invasion hits Magincia :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked at the pub notes again, and it doesn't say anything about turning anything in, only on what drops what and where. Where is this info found?

In Pub notes:

Old Magincia

Three new quests to help heal the land by releasing the spirits trapped in Magincia’s ruins
The quest giver is a mage near the Magincia moongate
Quest rewards are three types of rubble, one for each quest (total of 12 pieces)
Trees
Broken furniture
Building pieces
Quests are non-repeatable
Three types of ghosts now reside in Magincia
Restless Souls
Invulnerable, unmoving
Notices player movements
Can be released by using Spirit Speak nearby
Drops Threads of Life
Forsaken Souls
Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia
Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby
Drops Threads of Thought
Corrupted Souls
Red, aggressive
Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking
Can only be released by being killed
Drops Threads of Fate

C

Connor_Graham

Well, that really doesn't say anything about the threads being turned in, thus the reason for the confusion.

L

Lord Drakelord

Threads of Fate so far are the hardest to get, so far after killing, killing and killing I have one. The quest ask for 10 Threads of Fate. The others threads are easy to get but require you to have a neco to Spirit Speak and also cast Exorcism. So those folks that don't have these skills on any of their charactors will have to get the threads from people that do. Already I have seen threads of Fate and life going for 200k a thread on my home shard in Luna.

A

Aboo

Threads of Fate so far are the hardest to get, so far after killing, killing and killing I have one. The quest ask for 10 Threads of Fate. The others threads are easy to get but require you to have a neco to Spirit Speak and also cast Exorcism. So those folks that don't have these skills on any of their charactors will have to get the threads from people that do. Already I have seen threads of Fate and life going for 200k a thread on my home shard in Luna.
I know I am going to sound stupid, but what is Exorcism?

D

Doireann

It's a necromancy spell. It's the last one when you turn the page in the book. Basically, it banishes ghost from champs spawns.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's once per character I wish they would make the threads of fate either easier to get or make it where you don't have to get as many.

Ok after I wrote this I seen on another thread someone said it's easier on a warrior so I went and tested it out and boy were they right.

I got them a lot faster on a warrior then I did a mage. I used a fencer and got them pretty fast. So if you are using a warrior then you don't need the drop rate changed lol.

D

Deb

Will we be able to turn the ones in that we already have for the new quest?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must have gotten lucky on TC. After about half an hour, I got three threads of fate. Then I got bored and "tested" an invasion. But it looks like healing Magincia will take some actual work.

I hate work.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you have to be on the quests to get the threads?

T

Teeshy

So if you don't have necro/ss on a character you are out of luck for 2 of the quests?

I shoulda made a sampire all that time ago then? =P

*edits* Oh, I can buy the threads and do the quests that way? Hrmm, dunno if I like that idea at all =P I like to DO the quests, just don't think I can rearrange any of my current characters to fit SS/necro on =/

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also kill the gray... forsaken souls are they? I can't remember. No need to use exorcism, but it does take longer.

And a human can get by with the JOAT spirit speak. Elves, I suspect, would have to jewel up.

T

Teeshy

You can also kill the gray... forsaken souls are they? I can't remember. No need to use exorcism, but it does take longer.

And a human can get by with the JOAT spirit speak. Elves, I suspect, would have to jewel up.
I was just looking up to see how much necro I'd need =) And how much spirit speak =) The bugger of it is, I've *literally* just finished rearranging all 7 of my characters to templates that suited me better =P

Exorcism is 80 necro and 100 SS =(

Dopes anyone know if you have to *successfully* use spirit speak to release the souls? I'd assume so, but wanted to check =)