• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thoughts on SA Peerless.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see the Stygian Dragon. I killed the medusa with a large group once. Killed the Slasher with 3 other people, 2 fighters and a mage.
Took forever and we all died a hundred times over.

I want to try the dragon. Is it like the slasher with rediculous amounts of either damage to 1 person at a time or area damage?
Or it is more like the original peerless which you can survive to run away a bit to heal, not just insta-death in 1 hit.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see the Stygian Dragon. I killed the medusa with a large group once. Killed the Slasher with 3 other people, 2 fighters and a mage.
Took forever and we all died a hundred times over.

I want to try the dragon. Is it like the slasher with rediculous amounts of either damage to 1 person at a time or area damage?
Or it is more like the original peerless which you can survive to run away a bit to heal, not just insta-death in 1 hit.
I've done every SA peerless (before the recent revamp.)

Before, the hardest was Slasher. He has a ridicious mana pool, and can teleport you in and such. He was rough, but 4 of us killed him.

Medusa was the easiest. As long as you can get away, and kill her stone forms fast, she is pretty easy IMO.

The Stygian dragon is mehhh. You can use dragon slayers on him for 3x damage, which is wonderful. He isn't SUPER hard, but he can dismount and do a 75+ attack at once, and has a huge armageddon/rain thing thats pretty rough. If you can stay away and avoid a bite & a special breath move, you will be fine. He's not overly fast, but the dismount can catch you by surprise if you arent ready, and lead to a quick death. ALSO, he is "THEORICALLY" the easiest, because there is an Ankh no more than 10 seconds of running away from the further point where you fight the dragon. So if you got the money/time, its possible to solo it.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have done the dragon about 50 times with one other player. Both Characters are archers, one with discord. It takes us about 20 minutes to take down the dragon. There are sometimes quite a few deaths. The dragon has the "turkey flap" and once you hear the flapping noise you have to run at least a screen away to not get the area damage. His dismount attack is annoying and is easy to survive with an all 70 suite. Once you get hit with the dismount head straight for one of the teleporters, you should have enough time to heal and get back on your mount before the dragon is in range. Then just go back thru and wait for him to come to you. I beleive with more people we would be able to kill it quicker but not many people want to join in. Keep in mind most of this is based on the dragon being discorded so damage is reduced and we hit almost all of the time. And once agin there are alot of deaths involved, I normally go into the room as a glorious tiltle and leave about 2 or 3 levels down.

My Character is Zamot and will always be happy to have more help with this creature if you are willing.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! Great info guys!
Zamot, you have done the dragon a lot, why do you kill it so much? Does it drop good arties or something?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
REVENGE, just kiding. I am rying to get a drop of the new items. with the spawn time on Narvey I get bored so the dragon is my choice for now.
I have been doing Medusa the last few days, but I think it takes longer to get the stupid eggs than to kill her. All I normaly get from the dragon is the tooth, dragon hide shield and that is about it.

C

CatLord

How to kill a Stygian Dragon 101.

Team:
2 archers
1 discorder
2 mage weavers

Tactic:
- move to the West where it spawns... everyone waits North of it...
- discorder, discords... and bushido archer honors and runs East and to one of the teleporters...
- second archer moves East and to the other teleporter...
- each mage weaver stands on the West area, one level above and heals each archer...
- the discorder stays in the stairs in the middle... peacing the dragon...
- the archers play Catch...
- both mages x heal the discorder...
- discorder x heals both mages...

If the dragon comes West and Up to kill the mages... run to your teleporter.
If the discorder is attacked... heal him fast and the archers try to get the dragon's attention.

The dragon should be in the middle of the archers and East of the peacer...

The End.

We're killing the Slasher of Veils and the Stygian Dragon each Saturday... come join us if you don't want to do it by yourself...

Max number for each Stygian Dragon Hunt: 10
Max number for the Slasher of Veils: Unlimited.

Thank You.