• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This just in: Mark Jacobs has a blog

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would Mark mention UO?

I'm not sure he even knows UO exists. He probably thinks our devs are working on WAR all day.

But seriously... it would be nice to get a little acknowledgment from the man.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that my first 2 comments were made in jest. For the most part. ;)

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this in his blog. He answers a lot of them so we will see:

Mark,

First off you are awesome and I will gladly support your new game, War.

Hate to take you off of the WAR subject here, but there are a lot of UO players still around. We are getting restless about our future and would love to hear you talk about it more. UO does not appear anywhere on the Mythic or EA websites and it feels like the red-headed stepchild.

Just mentioning UO here and there would go a long way.

Also, about that Ultima X. Why not use that engine for a single player game? All the guts are still there…a nice, boxed single player game with a cloth map like the old days. A lot of us miss this.

A lot of us UO fans we will be playing War, but we would like the love to be flying back in our direction too.

Thanks!

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, it be best fer me ta stay away from dat; me pappy always tol' me "Laddie, if ye gots nothin' good ta say, bite yer tongue and keep on swabbin'!"

K

kennykilleduo

I posted this in his blog. He answers a lot of them so we will see:

Mark,

First off you are awesome and I will gladly support your new game, War.

Hate to take you off of the WAR subject here, but there are a lot of UO players still around. We are getting restless about our future and would love to hear you talk about it more. UO does not appear anywhere on the Mythic or EA websites and it feels like the red-headed stepchild.

Just mentioning UO here and there would go a long way.

Also, about that Ultima X. Why not use that engine for a single player game? All the guts are still there…a nice, boxed single player game with a cloth map like the old days. A lot of us miss this.

A lot of us UO fans we will be playing War, but we would like the love to be flying back in our direction too.

Thanks!
Let us know if he answers...

I added this:

Your comment is awaiting moderation. :sleep2:

Hello , As a long time p(L)ayer of a UO account and hopefully soon to be WAR account I was wondering what your thoughts are on WAR , UO, DOAC as a group , do you think they could after some love , take on WOW or a larger market piece.

What are your thoughts on UO and it’s possiblities??